Constitution‎ > ‎Committee Meetings‎ > ‎

2020 Committee Minutes

October 2020

posted 29 Dec 2020, 06:33 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways

Committee Meeting – 22nd October 2020 (On-line)


Present: Barbara Brown
Gill Morrell

Irene Pope

Lesley Tierney


Apologies: Val Johnston

Gwen Mann

Hayley Oliver
Pat Tough


  • Minutes of Previous Meeting

    Ok to be posted on website.

  • Matters Arising

    As Barbara had already sold two vests it was agreed via Whatsapp to charge for the new vests.

  • Secretary’s Report

    Nothing to report.

  • Treasurer’s Report

    Gill had distributed accounts prior to the meeting.  Income was down due to a lower number of members and two big outgoings, ie keys and locks, new bibs.

  • Website

    Nothing to report.

  • Rochdale Rights of Way

    Northdene Drive

    PT has put in a freedom of information request to see the objections to this DMMO but has not heard anything.  PT to chase up and copy in the Bamford Councillors.   PT

    Crimble – barbed wire removed by local residents.  PT to send copy of the Act to Chris Clarkson and the lady who was accompanying him.   PT

    Chadwick Lane – awaiting details from Pat.   PT

  • Cudworths

    GM to ask if they will give us a 10% discount in exchange for free advertising on Facebook Page and website.   GM

  • Manchester Horse Directoryse Directory

    Gill had received an emailing asking for confirmation of our contact details and asked BB if she was ok with phone number being included.  BB confirmed it was ok.

  • Operation Dragster

    Gill/Irene explained what this was and said they want to put gates on the moor to try to trap illegal off-roaders.  A donation has been requested.  Subject to agreement with other Committee Members it was agreed to give them £250.  IP to email all committee for agreement.   IP

  • Spring Mill

    Path and bridleway are blocked.  IP had found an extension to path closure until August 2021.  Lancashire and Rossendale Councils are aware of our interest to make sure that the bridleway comes into existence.

    IP reported that the footpath diversion procedure was in place to move it onto the new bridleway.  BB to go down and get a picture of the notice.   BB

  • Bury Rights of Way

    Hollins Vale – Following a discussion it was agreed to write to the Chief Executive Officer of Viridor but put what is wanted at the beginning of the letter.

Clean Air Act

The consultation period runs until 8th November.  Send letters to own MP’s.   All

August 2020

posted 29 Dec 2020, 06:32 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways

Committee Meeting – 26th August 2020


Present:          Gwen Mann

Gill Morrell

Hayley Oliver

Irene Pope

Lesley Tierney

Pat Tough


Apologies:        Barbara Brown

                         ValJohnstone

  • Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes were accepted as being a true account of the meeting


  • Matters Arising

    None

  • Secretary’s Report

    Nothing to report.

  • Treasurer’s Report

    Nothing to report.

  • Website

    Nothing to report.

  • Rochdale Rights of Way


Shawfield/Willowmead gates. A member of the public, Lynn Howarth, contacted Julie Simpson about the gates. The Willowmead gate is bad. Julie is getting contractors in.

Hayley to send a photographic report to Julie.                                                               HO


Splash Lane – is now officially open. The narrow section is challenging. The worry is that legs and feet may be injured. Julie Simpson has been told and is waiting for complaints before taking any action. 

Pat is going to complain.                                                                                                PT

Hayley and Gwen to walk it and then complain.                                                      HO/GM


Healey Dell cycleway – no further developments.


Spodden Valley Playscheme.  A new application has been submitted for this. Irene to send our letter in with additional comments concerning lack of reference to horse warning signs in the published documents.                                                                 IP

Tree branches on the Mary Townely Loop through the area are very low and need to be trimmed.  Irene to e-mail Chris Peat about this.                                                          IP


Crimble The fence and overgrowth of vegetation near the stream have not been sorted. Pat has e-mailed Julie about this.


Northdene Drive  Pat has done an FOI to find out what objections there are to this DMMO.


Plumpton Cottages DMMO Evidence forms have been completed. Irene is going through them, recording the data in a table and scanning each form. Landowners addresses have also been discovered from the Land Registry for most plots of land. Names need to be discovered by looking at the Electoral Register. Information for 4 plots may need to bought at a cost of £12.


Chadwick Lane area. Bridleway HeyBP67 is interrupted by 2 footpaths. Pat has e-mailed Julie Simpson asking if any upgrades have been made to make this bridleway a continuous through route. Also a non-definitive route into a quarry that Pat has used for 50 years has been blocked by A-frames. Pat has asked Julie about this too.


Furbarn Lane Gill rang Julie Simpson about this DMMO and has been told that Julie has spent many hours trying to decipher the evidence and does not know when this DMMO will be brought before Township Committee.










Martlett Avenue.  Bridleway 6a appears to be obstructed by a gate and a low wall where it joins bridleways 7 and 7a.








Bury Rights of Way


Simister Island Irene completed the consultation document for the proposed improvements to motorway Junction 18 at Simister Island and added some pages requesting a multi-user non-vehicular bridge to be added to link Mode Hill Lane and Egypt Lane. Also requested that the footpath bridge across the motorway on bridleway 27aPRE be replaced by a bridleway bridge.


Haweswater Aqueduct Irene took part in a video conference hosted by UU about the Haweswater Aqueduct refurbishment. We were able to describe possible conflict areas between horse riders and construction traffic in the Walmersley area and on Castle Hill Road. UU seemed to take our worries on board.


General


GM Clean Air Plan RBBA have become aware of the possible financial consequences for equestrians who use horse boxes of the proposed GM Clean Air Plan. It has been suggested that a levy of £10 for light horse boxes under 3.5t and £60 for those over 3.5t per day will be charged if they are used within the Greater Manchester Clean Air Zone. We propose to lobby to get Private HGVs removed from the scheme.


AOB


It was decided at this meeting that new members would receive free tabards when they join but replacement tabards for existing members and those re-joining will be charged cost price..


Future committee meetings Now autumn is imminent we will no longer be able to have

 al -fresco meetings. Gill is going to investigate the use of Norden Library or we may have to go back to video calls.


July 2020

posted 29 Dec 2020, 06:25 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways

Committee Meeting – 16th July 2020


Present: Barbara Brown
Val Johnston
Gwen Mann

Gill Morrell

Hayley Oliver

Irene Pope

Lesley Tierney

Pat Tough


Apologies:

  • Minutes of Previous Meeting

    Bentley Hall Road – IP did not ask DC to contact the landowner, he volunteered.  BB to amend minutes prior to them being published on the website. BB

    IP has not had any further contact with the lady who raised the issue initially.

    The gates at Fisherfield, Willowmead Way and Knacks still need looking at.  HO/GM to get in touch with JS (Julie.simpson@rochdale.gov.uk).

  • Matters Arising

    IP has sent letter to Mark Robinson; she needs to send a copy to Norden Councillors. IP

    Gill gave an update on Splash Lane closure.  Work has been carried out installing tiger traps on all entrances but now awaiting confirmation that the closure notice has been lifted.  GM to contact JS. GM

  • Secretary’s Report

    Nothing to report.

  • Treasurer’s Report

    Nothing to report.

  • Website

    Nothing to report.

  • Committee Etiquette

    IP had issued a document prior to the meeting and asked for any comments and/or changes needed to it.

    Paragraph 1 – change “challenge” to “comment

    Decisions – the Chair should vote last and in the event of a tie has casting vote.
    – Any comment on social media by a member of the committee should   start with “in my opinion

    Correspondence – All correspondence should be shared with ALL committee members.

    E-Mails – All committee member should reply to sender only confirmation   that they have received an email.  If making any comment they   should reply to all.

  • Future Communication

    Following a discussion it was agreed that we should use WhatsApp where possible.  If someone has a document to send via email a WhatsApp message advising same should be sent.

  • Crimble

    PT confirmed that JS had contacted the landowner to get rid of undergrowth and widen the bridleway where it is too narrow.  The belief is that this won’t happen therefore it was agreed that PT should contact Chris Clarkson (MP). PT

    PT to ask JS if she can see the Statement for the bridleway to see if the width of the way is show. PT

    A member of the public (K Stockport) is doing a DMMO for the field.  We have offered to give her advice.

    PT stated there was an ongoing problem with motorbikes on Crimble Lane and asked who should she contact for some Section 59 signs.  IP confirmed JS, PT

  • Northdene Drive

    PT had asked to see the objections to this upgrade.  JS checking with Legal Dept to see if she can let her see them.  IP gave PT documents which confirm that she is entitled to see them.  Gill to find out when the order is actually Confirmed. PT/GM

  • Facebook Posts

    BB to check comments for accuracy and advise corrections as necessary.

  • Plumpton

    PT asked Committee if she could take the Plumpton upgrade documentation to IP’s for checking.  This was agreed. PT/IP

June 2020

posted 29 Dec 2020, 06:19 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways   [ updated 29 Dec 2020, 06:23 ]

Committee Meeting – 24th June 2020


Present: Barbara Brown
Val Johnston

Gill Morrell

Hayley Oliver

Irene Pope

Lesley Tierney

Pat Tough


Apologies: Gwen Mann

  • Rochdale Rights of Way.

    New Gate at the top of Woodhouse Lane.  The gate has been installed the wrong way round (ie it opens next to the cattle grid).  Following a discussion it was decided to leave it as it was as it has always been like this with no problem.

    Willowmead gate.  Gwen has been down to fix it and is going to go again to finish the job.

    Knacks Lane Cattle Grid – this is an illegal obstruction as carriage drivers have no way of getting down the restricted byway.  IP to send map from Land Registry to Hayley to ascertain who the land at the side is owned by.  Hayley to obtain a proper gate catch to install. IP/HO

    Northdene Drive - PT has emailed Julie Simpson asking for sight of any objections.  No reply to date, PT to follow up. PT

    Plumpton - BB to drop off the evidence forms which have been returned to her. BB

Wild Play Area in Spodden Valley play area plan has been withdrawn for the second time,

Crimble Lane – New fencing installed recently has made the bridleway too narrow.  PT has reported to Julie Simpson.  Also, the wire is on the wrong side of the fence posts, Julie has instructed the landowner to change it.  If this doesn’t happen we should escalate to Chris Clarkson (MP) who has shown an interest in what is going on here. PT

IP asked Gill if she could check with Nigel when she could send letter to Mark Robinson. GM

GM confirmed to IP that Splash Lane is still closed.

GM to follow up the extension of the greenway on the railway lines to Rochdale. GM

BB had a quote for some new bibs, £4.50 each based on purchasing 60.  HO going to get another quote for bibs with zips/pockets. HO

Parking restrictions have been requested on Overtown Lane.  GM to email Jim Gartside to make sure horse riders are not adversely affected. GM


  • Bury Rights of Way

    Bradshaw Hill – 3 houses planned with access onto the bridleway.  IP has written with an alternative suggestion of a communal driveway parallel to the bridleway.

    Bently Hall Road (restricted byway) – a DMMO has been put in and the farmer is intimidating riders.  Riders have been asked to report all instances to the police.  David Chadwick to write to the landowner.

    Haweswater Acqaduct – planning to close bridleways whilst work is carried out, only alternative route would be via the main road.  Awaiting consultation.

    Bury Online article which quoted Irene.  IP has sent an email to the report but has not received a reply.

IP has 3 DMMO’s nearly ready, probably the last ones.

Future Meetings

We will have a meeting in July if the weather is good.  Possibly hold inside at Lanehead Stables if not.

February 2020

posted 29 Dec 2020, 06:14 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways

Committee Meeting – 20th February 2020


Present: Rebecca Ashton

                Barbara Brown

        Rachel Culshaw

        Gwen Mann

        Gill Morrell

        Hayley Oliver

        Irene Pope

                Lesley Tierney

            Pat Tough



Apologies: Val Johnston
Claire Mableson

Kayleigh Mableson

  • Minutes of Previous Meeting

    Minutes ok to be published on website. GM

  • Secretary’s Report

    32 Members.

    BB wanted it minuting that the money spent on stamps for the Furbarn upgrade had been agreed by the majority of Committee Members in December.

    Emails to be sent from Googlemail account.  Gill to let Barbara have the password.

    All Committee Members to get all emails.

  • Treasurer’s Report

    Money from membership has been received and banked.  GM currently trying to resolve a problem with the bank mandate.

  • Website

    Gill would be happy to get some help with the website.  IP to arrange meeting with GM to look at this in March. IP/GM

  • Rochdale Rights of Way.

    PT waiting for statements to be returned for Plumpton Cottages.  It was decided to concentrate on this at Monday’s meeting.  Need to get in touch with people who filled in evidence forms in 2008 to see if they can amend their statements.  BB to put request on Facebook and ask for any forms taken at the last meeting to be returned on Monday. BB


Spodden Valley play area plan has been withdrawn,

PT reported that there is a plan to create a zoo around Hopwood Hall.  Need to keep an eye on this as there is a bridleway which goes around Hopwood Hall. PT

GM reported that she had received an email from a Mr Foster about resurfacing the path adjacent to Whittaker Moss School following upgrade to bridleway.  She had replied explaining the DMMO process to him.

Northdene Drive – notices have not yet been put up.

A discussion took place about changing the keys on the concessionary rides.  It was agreed to buy 10 padlocks and keys.  It was also agreed to buy some more bibs in a different colour.
GM/RA

BB to let Gwen know how many members have got keys. BB

  • Bury Rights of Way

    IP had submitted another 3 DMMO’s in at the Bury LAF Meeting on 19th February.

    Widening of bridleway near Gorse Quarry went to planning committee and is being described as an access road incorporating a bridleway.  Should be bridleway incorporating an access road.  IP to get advice from BHS. IP

    IP reported that Bury Council had received a direction order from the Secretary of State giving them 6 months to look at the 6 DMMO’s submitted in 2017.  They haven’t done anything yet and are having a meeting to discuss at the end of February.  IP to ask the BHS what happens if they do the work in time. IP

    Elton Reservoir Claim – the order has been given and now has to go to Public Inquiry.  They have not yet sent it to PINS but have passed it to a barrister to look at.

    Lowes Road – the golf club want to tarmac it and take out the speed bumps.  They have said that it will be non-slippy tarmac.  IP has asked for a 10mph speed limit and asked if some signs can be put up.  David Chadwick to speak to the Highways Department.

  • Social

    March –Naf Feed Rep?
    April – Simon Constable
    May – Pass Wide & Slow Ride in Ainsworth (10th May)
    May – Rendezvous Ride (24th May)
    May – Bibs & Keys for Concessionary Ride
    November - Naylors

  • Agriculture Bill

    IP explained what was happening on this.

  • Any Other Business

    None

Next Meeting

Thursday, 19th March – Church Inn, Birtle

January 2020

posted 29 Dec 2020, 06:09 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways

Committee Meeting – 23rd January 2020


Present: Barbara Brown

Heidi Jepson

Val Johnston

Gill Morrell

Irene Pope

Lesley Tierney



Apologies: Pat Tough

Copies: Gwen Mann 

Hayley Oliver

  • Minutes of Previous Meeting

    Minutes ok to be published on website. GM

  • Secretary’s Report

    2 members have already paid.

  • Treasurer’s Report

    The accounts for 2019 were discussed.

  • Website

    Annual fee has been paid.

  • Rochdale Rights of Way.

    Furbarn Lane, evidence forms have been submitted to RMBC,  Julie Simpson is going through it. The Rake not included.


Plumpton Cottages is the next one to submit, most of the evidence stopped in 2008.  GM will check with Julie Simpson if the evidence forms we already have can be updated. GM

Northdene Drive, GM had discussed with Julie S about people being accosted.  Should be reported to the police and an incident number logged.  Notices should be put up soon.

Spodden Valley play area plan.  IP to send letter. IP

Rochdale Planning – Housing & Leisure Report.  IP to respond. IP



IP reported that all of Rochdale Finance Act maps are available on BHS website library.

  • Bury Rights of Way

    Two applications ready to be submitted in Unsworth and possibly one other.

    Walmsley Golf Club are not interested in dedicating.  IP has evidence ready to submit.

    Widening of bridleway near Gorse Quarry went to planning committee and is being described as an access road incorporating a bridleway.  Should be bridleway incorporating an access road.  IP has spoken to David Chadwick.  The application has been approved.

    Pass Wide & Slow Ride in Ainsworth – LT reported she had a couple of riders interested.

    IP is thinking of going to see Bury’s new MP to lobby about the Agriculture Bill, in particular public funded cycleways and access for horseriders, 2026 cut-off and DMMO processing.

    IP had produced a business card.  IP to send to BB for printing. IP


  • Social

    January – AGM
    February – Simon Constable
    March – Feed Rep?

April – Photo Show/Quiz
May – Rendezvous Ride (24th May)

VJ to speak to Church Inn about having meetings after March there. VJ


  • Any Other Business

    AGM Election of Officers
    Treasurer’s Report
    Memberships
    Social

Next Meeting

Thursday, 20th February – Church Inn, Birtle

1-6 of 6