March 2019

posted 24 Sep 2019, 03:14 by Gill Morrell   [ updated 24 Sep 2019, 03:14 ]

Committee Meeting – 19th March 2019

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

Irene Pope

Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough


Apologies:       Gill Morrell

Copies:            Hayley Oliver

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes ok to be published on website.                                                                            GM

·         Secretary’s Report

To date we have 50 members
Gill Ridings has organised a ride around Hollingworth Lake and Whittaker.  BB will arrange insurance with BHS.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report

·         Website

No reportl

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Plumpton Cottages – IP has done a chart and timeline of evidence received.  PT has more to get back.  Need to go back to people who did them in 2008 to get them updated.

PT asked if the disused railway line at Syke was still open.  Gwen confirmed that it was.

Track from Heywood Cricket Club to Mutual Street is not designated on definitive map.  This needs looking at.

Furbarn Lane – IP reported that in 1999 there were 445 journeys per year and this has gone up to 911 in 2019.  Shepherd Street had gone up from 300 to 450.  Nigel Morrell is getting evidence from some walkers and cyclists.



PT reported there is a tree on Woodtop near School Lane that looks like its going to fall down.  She will report to Julie Simpson.                                                                                       PT

·         Bury Rights of Way


Elton Reservoir Claim – Two objections received to date, both are irrelevant.  IP gave an update alongwith David Chadwick’s thoughts.

Ainsworth Bridleways – IP had asked David Chadwick for an update.  No response to date.  IP/LT had meeting with local Councillor who had written to the Director of Operations who had confirmed that no action had yet been taken.  IP has provided the Councillor with details of Defra’s statements.

Everything is on the DMMO list in Bury.  IP is going to apply to BHS for £100 per claim.

The application for widening the bridleway near Mather Road has been withdrawn.

IP is going to contact Walmsley Golf Club to see if they will dedicate the lane at the back of the mill towards the motorway bridges.

The “drains” have been fixed.

·         Rossendale

Decision deferred at Spring Mill but builders have been told to include a bridleway around the edge.

·         Beelines – IP had found a good link

·         GMSF – IP attended an exhibition with Debra Batchelor and spoke to the planners about horse riders being included.

·         Sustrans

Sustrans are now doing paths for everyone including equestrians.  For next meeting try to get details of cycleways that we can’t get on to.                                               All

·         Social


GM to try to sort out a visit to Hough End Stables                                               GM

14th April – Hayley’s Pass Wide & Safe Ride.  Put the logo on rider’s backs.  IP to send BB the logo.                                                                                                        IP





·         Any Other Business

The Pennine Rendezvous is in May at Towneley Park in Burnley.

Planning application has gone in for the houses on the Tetrosyl site.  The bridleway on the plans is on as a BOAT.  NFU think it is a BOAT.  The plan includes 561 parking spaces.

Knacks lane is being monitored.

Gwen stated that the big gate at the Cattle Grid needs sorting,

Next Meeting

Tuesday, 16th April at 8.00 pm.
Comments