February 2019

posted 24 Sep 2019, 03:12 by Gill Morrell   [ updated 24 Sep 2019, 03:12 ]

Committee Meeting – 19th February 2019

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gill Morrell

Irene Pope

                        Pat Tough


Apologies:       Lesley Tierney

Copies:            Heidi Jepson

                        Gwen Mann

                        Hayley Oliver

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes ok to be published on website.                                                                            GM

·         Secretary’s Report

To date we have 42 members, 848 followers on Facebook.
A ride organised by Gill Ridings has created a lot of interest on Facebook.

·         Treasurer’s Report

We took £335 in subscriptions at the AGM, £100 has gone to BHS for affiliation fee and a further £75 in cheques tonight.

·         Website

The email address registered to the website needs sorting out before end of March.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Northdene Drive – Gill had sent a letter to the Observer regarding the article published but isn;’t sure if it has been published.  It was agreed to take no further action with the Local Government Ombudsman.

Crimble Lane – there has been 219 objections and the decision date is showing as 18th February.
This was raised at the ROW meeting but wasn’t minuted.  It was agreed that our policy should be that “If a bridleway is an access road the developers must provide a separate fenced off track before work commences.”.

Gristlehurst Lane – BB had received complaints about the surface recently put down.  She had asked the people complaining to contact the Council.  IP/PT had looked at it and thought it was ok but PT to email Julie Simpson to see if they can put a finer top dressing down.                PT


Jennifer Hayward had sent IP a map of where she rides, which included “Cow Lane” and the field behind Heywood Cricket Club.  Irene has the evidence already collected for Cow Lane but more are needed.

Knacks Lane – IP had mentioned this at the ROW meeting along with the cattle grid being in the wrong place but this wasn’t minuted either.

BB reported that a member had contacted her asking about Doctor Dam in Norden.  As this was a permissive bridleway and there is more than one owner there is nothing we can do with it.

·         Bury Rights of Way


Elton Reservoir Claim – has been advertised in the Bury Times the 42 days are up at the end of March  No objections received to date.

The plan for the bridleway from Halsall Road has been withdrawn again.  IP is going to respond to a letter from the landowner about private vehicular access on bridleways.

IP is gathering evidence for the path from Mather Road to the motorway bridges.  Notices have been put up in local livery yards with no response.

IP had received a response from Lancashire Council about Dunham and the Drains after contacting Tony Lund.  The farmer is going to sort the drain out at Dunham when the weather is better and the Council are going to look at the Drains.

IP had started to put a statement of case together for Elton Reservoir and Northdene Drive using the Heap Road one.  GM said we need to make sure that the legislation hasn’t changed.  We also need to think about witnesses.

 

·         Beelines – The report contains the comment that horse riders are going to benefit.

·         GMSF – IP is responding.

Social

24th February – Ride to Cowm Reservoir
25th February – Evidence gathering for Furbarn Lane, Path by Plumpton Cottages, Mather Road to motorway brides.  BB to send out email.

GM to try to sort out a visit to Hough End Stables                                         GM

14th April – Hayley’s Pass Wide & Safe Ride.

Ask members for ideas
Comments