August 2019

posted 30 Sep 2019, 07:50 by Gill Morrell   [ updated 31 Jan 2020, 06:15 ]

Committee Meeting – 20th August 2019

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Irene Pope

Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

Apologies:       Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Gill Morrell



Copies:            Hayley Oliver

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes ok to be published on website.                                                                            GM

·         Secretary’s Report

To date we have 59 members.  Emma Metcalfe has given us a £5 donation,

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report

·         Website

No report

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

GM had sent a report about bridleway issues discussed at the Rochdale ROW meeting.  An issue of privacy was raised.  To be discussed at the next meeting.

IP gave an update on the motorway crossings.

Some riders are struggling to get over a barrier put in “Under the Pipe”.  Some riders who had experienced problems were in the room when we were discussing and said that it was too high.  IP to go and measure it to see if it higher than recommended by the BHS.                                  IP

Harwood Fields is getting flooded.  Julie Simpson is going to visit.

BB reported that the bridleway which goes from Edenfield Road down to Shuttleworth had recently been tarmacked.  No complaints received.


·         Bury Rights of Way

The MOD have now confirmed they will allow people to use Holcombe Moor when the flags are not flying.


Elton Reservoir Claim – IP stated that this is likely to go to public inquiry.

Ainsworth Bridleways – IP/LT had met with D Brown at Bury MBC

Fred’s Path - 21BUR – evidence forms collected and application is ready but trying to go for a dedication from Walmsley Golf Club but they are not happy about paying legal fees.  It was agreed in principle that we could make a contribution depending on the amount.

Planning application has been re-submitted for road widening at Gorse’s Quarry.  IP has submitted a letter from RBBA.

IP had  asked D Brown at Bury MBC if they would put up some new road signs showing the safe distance between horses and cars.

IP had written a letter about a proposed demolition of a building which is on a bridleway at Greenacre/Redisher Lane with no alternative access.  Not a objection just highlighting the needs of equestrians.  It was agreed that this should be sent.                                   IP

·         Social

GM to try to sort out a visit to Hough End Stables                                               GM

September – BB to get in touch with a lady who does Equissage.
October – possibly feed representative

IP said that someone had suggested Pilates for horse riders.   BB to dig out an email she had received from a member with some suggestions.

BB to contact Gill R to see if she is going to do any more rides.

·         Any Other Business

None


·         Next Meeting

Tuesday, 24th September.

 

Comments