Constitution‎ > ‎Committee Meetings‎ > ‎

2019 Committee Minutes

August 2019

posted 30 Sep 2019, 07:50 by Gill Morrell

Committee Meeting – 4th June 2019

 

Present                Heidi Jepson

                                Val Johnston     

Irene Pope

Lesley Tierney

                                Pat Tough


Apologies:           Barbara Brown

                        Gwen Mann

                                Gill Morrell



Copies: Hayley Oliver

               

 

 

    Minutes of Previous Meeting

 

Minutes ok to be published on website.           

 Secretary’s Report

 

No report

 

  Treasurer’s Report

 

No report

 

   Website

 

No report

 

6.  Rochdale Rights of Way

 

Rochdale ROW meeting 

 

Notes from GM

 

·         Raised about the fact Knacks Lane had not been included in the minutes of the last meeting. Julie explained that as it had already been raised as a formal complaint it had been logged on the Council ROW Issue list, the complainant had had a response and there was no point in recording it in two places. I checked if it had been recorded on the ROW issue list that they were going to keep an eye on the tarmac situation for a greater period than the initial proposed 3 months and Julie confirmed this was the case.

·         Woodtop has been confirmed. Signs will form part of the surveys going on this year see below.

·         Northdene is still in with legal to get OK to proceed with order.

·         I raised about the status of the path from Mutal Street to Heywood Cricket Club. Julie explained that when she is talking with developers she points out routes which horse (or walkers) have used for many years and suggests they treat them as ROW. This is the approach she would be taking at Crimble Mill.

Other points raised at the meeting

 

·         Julie explained that she is being a lot harsher with repairs to paths which are also access to farms. She requires a contribution to any work from residents with Council only paying a similar amount to what would need spending for the status of the route. If Residents won’t contribute then Council are not doing anything re the surface (provided that safety is not compromised) as any work would be eroded by vehicles using access. If necessary she would use enforcement if safety is an issue.

·         Julie is getting harder on developers. She has tried speaking nicely to Taylor Wimpey doing development at Broad Lane with no results she has now placed enforcement on them either they keep the path clear or apply for temporary closure. Since then she has had constructive conversations regarding their plans post development ie potentially redirecting the ROW. If it goes to redirection the ROW meeting will be consulted before agreeing to any diversion.

·         Julie has started a local Rights of Way Improvement plan which she hopes to get to the meeting in draft sometime this FY. Members will then be able to comment and contribute before the plan is issued. The plan is that hopefully they will be able to survey the routes annually provided they have enough budget. Trafford does this BUT they only have 200 paths, Rochdale has 1800

·         Last year the Council concentrated on cutting back vegetation on all rights of way which was completed in March. This next year they are concentrating on signposting and way marks. All paths in Rochdale will be surveyed to find out the scope of what is needed. Harriet has done this already for Littleborough and is moving onto Milnrow. Julie will be doing Middleton.

·         Harriet’s apprenticeship ends April 2020 but it is hoped Council will employ her somewhere. Julie is hoping she will get another Apprentice to replace Harriet.

·         An off the record comment from someone in legal has indicated that the definitive map might be done by June. Julie is going to wait and see if this does occur and if it does she will start conversations with IT to see when it can be made available on line. Watch this space.

·         Next Meeting Thursday 8th August at 6.30

 

 

 

 

Valley of Stone Greenway at Healey Dell

 

Chris Peat asked at a meeting in Rossendale about horse access along the Greenway through Healey Dell and she was told it was a matter for Rochdale Council to decide. Nigel Morrell has offered to approach local ward councillors  and it was agreed to take up his offer.

 

 

Designation of track/ road from Heywood Cricket club to Mutual street.

 

This track is not on the DM, List of Streets, is not adopted and has no name. It has a footpath and bridleway joining it near to Heywood Cricket Club so needs to have legal access for walkers, cyclists and horse riders. It was agreed to make a DMMO application on User Evidence. PT to take charge.

 

Furbarn Lane

 

This application is at the stage of finding out which landowners need notifying. It was not agreed who would take on this job.

 

Plumpton Wood evidence forms – no further action on this claim until Furbarn Lane has been submitted. PT to take charge.

 

Woodtop 

 

Woodtop has been confirmed. Signs will form part of the surveys going on this year.

 

Rooley Moor Gate

 

It was reported that the bridleway gate recently installed at the bottom of Rooley Moor Road is causing horse riders problems. The gate is rubbing on the ground and the handle is catching in reins etc.  (Action: IP e-mailed Alan Rawsterne of Rooley Moor Neighbourhood Forum who in turn informed Julie Simpson. Julie is going to go and look at the problem.)

 

 

 

7.  Bury Rights of Way

 

Bury LAF meeting – Holcombe Moor. A letter is to be sent from MP James Frith replying  to Tobias Ellwood MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State and Minister of Defence People and Veterans.

 

Elton Reservoir application  There are now 10 objections to this application

 

Just before Easter RBBA received a letter from Bury Rights of Way Officer outlining the objections submitted by an objector to this application. We were invited to comment on these objections, which we did in a 19 page response. The points we raised are going to be used to try and get the objector to withdraw their objections before the application is sent to the Secretary of State for determination.

 

DC has said “If the matter is sent to the Secretary of State, I believe any irrelevant objections will be returned and will not need to be considered by a Planning Inspector

 

 

 Ainsworth applications – there has been no movement by Bury Council to process these applications which were submitted over 2 years ago. We are therefore entitled to apply to the Secretary of State to ask for Bury Council to be directed to determine this application by a certain date, usually within 12 months. This is called a Direction Request under Schedule 14, paragraph 3(2) of the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981. We submitted  a Direction Request to the Planning Inspectorate in April. In early June PINS sent an e-mail informing IP that a letter had been sent to Bury Council asking them to put their side of the matter. They have until 15th July 2019 to reply.

Hawkshaw Lane

IP has prepared an application to upgrade the footpath from the top of Hawkshaw Lane onto Holcombe Moor through Three Acres. As only 1 landowner was involved a letter was written to that landowner asking if they would be prepared to dedicate the route as a bridleway. A phone call in reply from the landowner was not very positive but suggested a meeting between themselves, RBBA, DC and the MOD to discuss the matter. We are awaiting the date of this meeting. If talks are not successful the DMMO will be submitted to Bury Council.

(On 5th June IP received an e-mail from the landowner saying they had not forgotten the meeting but had been very busy. No word yet about a meeting by 25th June)

Old Kays

Bury Council own most of the land over which this route travels. The Council have been asked if they would dedicate the route as a bridleway (at present there are “No Horse Riding” signs off Turton Road). However we have been told that that the Parks Department is too busy. An application is prepared and will be submitted at the next LAF meeting in July.

 

24BUR Sandy Lane.  This application is waiting to go before Committee for decision. (IP has since heard that the applicant is making further changes and this will not go before committee before September. )

 

21BUR application

 

Evidence forms are being collected for this application.

 

Walshaw housing development

 

An application to develop 108 houses on a factory site in Walshaw includes part of bridleway 143BUR within the site boundary. In the Design and Access statement this bridleway is referred to as “a pedestrian lane (PROW)”. IP sent in a neutral letter pointing out that this PROW is actually a bridleway and nothing should be done to prevent equestrian access and also asking what measures are to be taken to prevent access by motorbikes etc onto the bridleway from the new housing.

 

Councillor Quinn & planning document

 

Nothing has been heard from Councillor Quinn about this matter!!

 

  Pennine Rendezvous

 

IP and VJ went to the Rendezvous (without horse!) and did some marshalling.

 Pass wide and slow

 

The 2020 date for this event is 10th May. We have decided to run a ride in the Ainsworth. LT to inform the Ainsworth Village Community Committee and seek their approval.

 

Next Committee Meeting 20th August 8pm.

 

June 2019

posted 24 Sep 2019, 03:19 by Gill Morrell   [ updated 24 Sep 2019, 03:19 ]

Committee Meeting – 4th June 2019

 

Present                Heidi Jepson

                                Val Johnston     

Irene Pope

Lesley Tierney

                                Pat Tough


Apologies:           Barbara Brown

                        Gwen Mann

                                Gill Morrell



Copies: Hayley Oliver

               

 

 

    Minutes of Previous Meeting

 

Minutes ok to be published on website.           

 Secretary’s Report

 

No report

 

  Treasurer’s Report

 

No report

 

   Website

 

No report

 

6.  Rochdale Rights of Way

 

Rochdale ROW meeting 

 

Notes from GM

 

·         Raised about the fact Knacks Lane had not been included in the minutes of the last meeting. Julie explained that as it had already been raised as a formal complaint it had been logged on the Council ROW Issue list, the complainant had had a response and there was no point in recording it in two places. I checked if it had been recorded on the ROW issue list that they were going to keep an eye on the tarmac situation for a greater period than the initial proposed 3 months and Julie confirmed this was the case.

·         Woodtop has been confirmed. Signs will form part of the surveys going on this year see below.

·         Northdene is still in with legal to get OK to proceed with order.

·         I raised about the status of the path from Mutal Street to Heywood Cricket Club. Julie explained that when she is talking with developers she points out routes which horse (or walkers) have used for many years and suggests they treat them as ROW. This is the approach she would be taking at Crimble Mill.

Other points raised at the meeting

 

·         Julie explained that she is being a lot harsher with repairs to paths which are also access to farms. She requires a contribution to any work from residents with Council only paying a similar amount to what would need spending for the status of the route. If Residents won’t contribute then Council are not doing anything re the surface (provided that safety is not compromised) as any work would be eroded by vehicles using access. If necessary she would use enforcement if safety is an issue.

·         Julie is getting harder on developers. She has tried speaking nicely to Taylor Wimpey doing development at Broad Lane with no results she has now placed enforcement on them either they keep the path clear or apply for temporary closure. Since then she has had constructive conversations regarding their plans post development ie potentially redirecting the ROW. If it goes to redirection the ROW meeting will be consulted before agreeing to any diversion.

·         Julie has started a local Rights of Way Improvement plan which she hopes to get to the meeting in draft sometime this FY. Members will then be able to comment and contribute before the plan is issued. The plan is that hopefully they will be able to survey the routes annually provided they have enough budget. Trafford does this BUT they only have 200 paths, Rochdale has 1800

·         Last year the Council concentrated on cutting back vegetation on all rights of way which was completed in March. This next year they are concentrating on signposting and way marks. All paths in Rochdale will be surveyed to find out the scope of what is needed. Harriet has done this already for Littleborough and is moving onto Milnrow. Julie will be doing Middleton.

·         Harriet’s apprenticeship ends April 2020 but it is hoped Council will employ her somewhere. Julie is hoping she will get another Apprentice to replace Harriet.

·         An off the record comment from someone in legal has indicated that the definitive map might be done by June. Julie is going to wait and see if this does occur and if it does she will start conversations with IT to see when it can be made available on line. Watch this space.

·         Next Meeting Thursday 8th August at 6.30

 

 

 

 

Valley of Stone Greenway at Healey Dell

 

Chris Peat asked at a meeting in Rossendale about horse access along the Greenway through Healey Dell and she was told it was a matter for Rochdale Council to decide. Nigel Morrell has offered to approach local ward councillors  and it was agreed to take up his offer.

 

 

Designation of track/ road from Heywood Cricket club to Mutual street.

 

This track is not on the DM, List of Streets, is not adopted and has no name. It has a footpath and bridleway joining it near to Heywood Cricket Club so needs to have legal access for walkers, cyclists and horse riders. It was agreed to make a DMMO application on User Evidence. PT to take charge.

 

Furbarn Lane

 

This application is at the stage of finding out which landowners need notifying. It was not agreed who would take on this job.

 

Plumpton Wood evidence forms – no further action on this claim until Furbarn Lane has been submitted. PT to take charge.

 

Woodtop 

 

Woodtop has been confirmed. Signs will form part of the surveys going on this year.

 

Rooley Moor Gate

 

It was reported that the bridleway gate recently installed at the bottom of Rooley Moor Road is causing horse riders problems. The gate is rubbing on the ground and the handle is catching in reins etc.  (Action: IP e-mailed Alan Rawsterne of Rooley Moor Neighbourhood Forum who in turn informed Julie Simpson. Julie is going to go and look at the problem.)

 

 

 

7.  Bury Rights of Way

 

Bury LAF meeting – Holcombe Moor. A letter is to be sent from MP James Frith replying  to Tobias Ellwood MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State and Minister of Defence People and Veterans.

 

Elton Reservoir application  There are now 10 objections to this application

 

Just before Easter RBBA received a letter from Bury Rights of Way Officer outlining the objections submitted by an objector to this application. We were invited to comment on these objections, which we did in a 19 page response. The points we raised are going to be used to try and get the objector to withdraw their objections before the application is sent to the Secretary of State for determination.

 

DC has said “If the matter is sent to the Secretary of State, I believe any irrelevant objections will be returned and will not need to be considered by a Planning Inspector

 

 

 Ainsworth applications – there has been no movement by Bury Council to process these applications which were submitted over 2 years ago. We are therefore entitled to apply to the Secretary of State to ask for Bury Council to be directed to determine this application by a certain date, usually within 12 months. This is called a Direction Request under Schedule 14, paragraph 3(2) of the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981. We submitted  a Direction Request to the Planning Inspectorate in April. In early June PINS sent an e-mail informing IP that a letter had been sent to Bury Council asking them to put their side of the matter. They have until 15th July 2019 to reply.

Hawkshaw Lane

IP has prepared an application to upgrade the footpath from the top of Hawkshaw Lane onto Holcombe Moor through Three Acres. As only 1 landowner was involved a letter was written to that landowner asking if they would be prepared to dedicate the route as a bridleway. A phone call in reply from the landowner was not very positive but suggested a meeting between themselves, RBBA, DC and the MOD to discuss the matter. We are awaiting the date of this meeting. If talks are not successful the DMMO will be submitted to Bury Council.

(On 5th June IP received an e-mail from the landowner saying they had not forgotten the meeting but had been very busy. No word yet about a meeting by 25th June)

Old Kays

Bury Council own most of the land over which this route travels. The Council have been asked if they would dedicate the route as a bridleway (at present there are “No Horse Riding” signs off Turton Road). However we have been told that that the Parks Department is too busy. An application is prepared and will be submitted at the next LAF meeting in July.

 

24BUR Sandy Lane.  This application is waiting to go before Committee for decision. (IP has since heard that the applicant is making further changes and this will not go before committee before September. )

 

21BUR application

 

Evidence forms are being collected for this application.

 

Walshaw housing development

 

An application to develop 108 houses on a factory site in Walshaw includes part of bridleway 143BUR within the site boundary. In the Design and Access statement this bridleway is referred to as “a pedestrian lane (PROW)”. IP sent in a neutral letter pointing out that this PROW is actually a bridleway and nothing should be done to prevent equestrian access and also asking what measures are to be taken to prevent access by motorbikes etc onto the bridleway from the new housing.

 

Councillor Quinn & planning document

 

Nothing has been heard from Councillor Quinn about this matter!!

 

  Pennine Rendezvous

 

IP and VJ went to the Rendezvous (without horse!) and did some marshalling.

 Pass wide and slow

 

The 2020 date for this event is 10th May. We have decided to run a ride in the Ainsworth. LT to inform the Ainsworth Village Community Committee and seek their approval.

 

Next Committee Meeting 20th August 8pm.

 

April 2019

posted 24 Sep 2019, 03:15 by Gill Morrell   [ updated 24 Sep 2019, 03:15 ]

Committee Meeting – 16th April 2019

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Gill Morrell

Irene Pope

Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough


Apologies:      

Copies:            Hayley Oliver

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes ok to be published on website.                                                                            GM

·         Secretary’s Report

To date we have 56 members

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report

·         Website

No report

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Furbarn Lane Upgrade – IP thinks it is now good enough to submit.  Landowners names and addresses needed.  Gwen said Brent should know who owns the new houses.       GM

Plumpton Wood not yet good enough.

Rochdale ROW meeting is on 19th May – need to find out if Woodtop is confirmed yet and ask to see objections to Northdene Drive and where it is up to.  Raise that Knacks Lane tarmac and cattlegrid were not minuted in the last minutes and the alternative bridleway at Crimble Lane if the development goes ahead was not minuted.
Valley of Stones signs need to include horse riders – raise at ROW meeting.

Status of track near Heywood CC (Mutual Street) ROWMAPS doesn’t show anything.  IP to ring the Council and ask them the status.                                                                IP

Gwen reported that Joan has started to improve her path.

Gwen confirmed that Greenbooth is now open.

 

·          

·         Bury Rights of Way


Elton Reservoir Claim – IP gave an update.  The public consultation has now ended.

Ainsworth Bridleways – Been in for two years.  No update/progress.

Holcombe Moor Rifle Range.  No trespassing signs have gone up.

Planning application has been re-submitted for road widening at Gorse’s Quarry.  IP has submitted a letter from RBBA.

BB to let IP have the Rochdale Online Reporter to submit a report and pictures on the Pass Wide & Slow Ride                                          .                                                           BB

LT reported the road to nowhere has been fenced off.  The landowner is going up and down harassing rides and needs reporting to the police.

House of Lords Debate – Applications in by 2026 will be sorted out.  Councils get funding from the Revenue Support Grant to process ROW work.

·         Social

GM to try to sort out a visit to Hough End Stables                                               GM

28th April – GR organised ride in Helmshore.
25th May – Pennine Rendezvous
July – Emma Scott
Aug – tbc
Sept – tbc

Hayley to try to get in touch with the Treadmill Lady.                                          HO

·         Any Other Business

LT suggested we set up a Whatsapp Group.                                                       LT


Next Meeting

Tuesday, 4th June at 8.00 pm.

March 2019

posted 24 Sep 2019, 03:14 by Gill Morrell   [ updated 24 Sep 2019, 03:14 ]

Committee Meeting – 19th March 2019

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

Irene Pope

Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough


Apologies:       Gill Morrell

Copies:            Hayley Oliver

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes ok to be published on website.                                                                            GM

·         Secretary’s Report

To date we have 50 members
Gill Ridings has organised a ride around Hollingworth Lake and Whittaker.  BB will arrange insurance with BHS.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report

·         Website

No reportl

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Plumpton Cottages – IP has done a chart and timeline of evidence received.  PT has more to get back.  Need to go back to people who did them in 2008 to get them updated.

PT asked if the disused railway line at Syke was still open.  Gwen confirmed that it was.

Track from Heywood Cricket Club to Mutual Street is not designated on definitive map.  This needs looking at.

Furbarn Lane – IP reported that in 1999 there were 445 journeys per year and this has gone up to 911 in 2019.  Shepherd Street had gone up from 300 to 450.  Nigel Morrell is getting evidence from some walkers and cyclists.



PT reported there is a tree on Woodtop near School Lane that looks like its going to fall down.  She will report to Julie Simpson.                                                                                       PT

·         Bury Rights of Way


Elton Reservoir Claim – Two objections received to date, both are irrelevant.  IP gave an update alongwith David Chadwick’s thoughts.

Ainsworth Bridleways – IP had asked David Chadwick for an update.  No response to date.  IP/LT had meeting with local Councillor who had written to the Director of Operations who had confirmed that no action had yet been taken.  IP has provided the Councillor with details of Defra’s statements.

Everything is on the DMMO list in Bury.  IP is going to apply to BHS for £100 per claim.

The application for widening the bridleway near Mather Road has been withdrawn.

IP is going to contact Walmsley Golf Club to see if they will dedicate the lane at the back of the mill towards the motorway bridges.

The “drains” have been fixed.

·         Rossendale

Decision deferred at Spring Mill but builders have been told to include a bridleway around the edge.

·         Beelines – IP had found a good link

·         GMSF – IP attended an exhibition with Debra Batchelor and spoke to the planners about horse riders being included.

·         Sustrans

Sustrans are now doing paths for everyone including equestrians.  For next meeting try to get details of cycleways that we can’t get on to.                                               All

·         Social


GM to try to sort out a visit to Hough End Stables                                               GM

14th April – Hayley’s Pass Wide & Safe Ride.  Put the logo on rider’s backs.  IP to send BB the logo.                                                                                                        IP





·         Any Other Business

The Pennine Rendezvous is in May at Towneley Park in Burnley.

Planning application has gone in for the houses on the Tetrosyl site.  The bridleway on the plans is on as a BOAT.  NFU think it is a BOAT.  The plan includes 561 parking spaces.

Knacks lane is being monitored.

Gwen stated that the big gate at the Cattle Grid needs sorting,

Next Meeting

Tuesday, 16th April at 8.00 pm.

February 2019

posted 24 Sep 2019, 03:12 by Gill Morrell   [ updated 24 Sep 2019, 03:12 ]

Committee Meeting – 19th February 2019

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gill Morrell

Irene Pope

                        Pat Tough


Apologies:       Lesley Tierney

Copies:            Heidi Jepson

                        Gwen Mann

                        Hayley Oliver

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes ok to be published on website.                                                                            GM

·         Secretary’s Report

To date we have 42 members, 848 followers on Facebook.
A ride organised by Gill Ridings has created a lot of interest on Facebook.

·         Treasurer’s Report

We took £335 in subscriptions at the AGM, £100 has gone to BHS for affiliation fee and a further £75 in cheques tonight.

·         Website

The email address registered to the website needs sorting out before end of March.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Northdene Drive – Gill had sent a letter to the Observer regarding the article published but isn;’t sure if it has been published.  It was agreed to take no further action with the Local Government Ombudsman.

Crimble Lane – there has been 219 objections and the decision date is showing as 18th February.
This was raised at the ROW meeting but wasn’t minuted.  It was agreed that our policy should be that “If a bridleway is an access road the developers must provide a separate fenced off track before work commences.”.

Gristlehurst Lane – BB had received complaints about the surface recently put down.  She had asked the people complaining to contact the Council.  IP/PT had looked at it and thought it was ok but PT to email Julie Simpson to see if they can put a finer top dressing down.                PT


Jennifer Hayward had sent IP a map of where she rides, which included “Cow Lane” and the field behind Heywood Cricket Club.  Irene has the evidence already collected for Cow Lane but more are needed.

Knacks Lane – IP had mentioned this at the ROW meeting along with the cattle grid being in the wrong place but this wasn’t minuted either.

BB reported that a member had contacted her asking about Doctor Dam in Norden.  As this was a permissive bridleway and there is more than one owner there is nothing we can do with it.

·         Bury Rights of Way


Elton Reservoir Claim – has been advertised in the Bury Times the 42 days are up at the end of March  No objections received to date.

The plan for the bridleway from Halsall Road has been withdrawn again.  IP is going to respond to a letter from the landowner about private vehicular access on bridleways.

IP is gathering evidence for the path from Mather Road to the motorway bridges.  Notices have been put up in local livery yards with no response.

IP had received a response from Lancashire Council about Dunham and the Drains after contacting Tony Lund.  The farmer is going to sort the drain out at Dunham when the weather is better and the Council are going to look at the Drains.

IP had started to put a statement of case together for Elton Reservoir and Northdene Drive using the Heap Road one.  GM said we need to make sure that the legislation hasn’t changed.  We also need to think about witnesses.

 

·         Beelines – The report contains the comment that horse riders are going to benefit.

·         GMSF – IP is responding.

Social

24th February – Ride to Cowm Reservoir
25th February – Evidence gathering for Furbarn Lane, Path by Plumpton Cottages, Mather Road to motorway brides.  BB to send out email.

GM to try to sort out a visit to Hough End Stables                                         GM

14th April – Hayley’s Pass Wide & Safe Ride.

Ask members for ideas

January 2019

posted 24 Sep 2019, 03:11 by Gill Morrell   [ updated 24 Sep 2019, 03:11 ]

Committee Meeting – 15th January 2019

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

Gill Morrell

Hayley Oliver
Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

Pat Tough


Apologies:       Heidi Jepson

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes ok to be published on website.                                                                            GM

·         Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report

·         Treasurer’s Report

Gill handed out copies of the accounts for 2019

·         Website

Website has been renewed at a cost of £11.99 a year.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Northdene Drive – going to Township next week.  The report in the pack is the same as last time.

Furbarn Lane, etc.  IP has collated the evidence forms, we need more.  BB to include request in email.                                                                                                                           BB

Knacks Lane – A request had been made by a local farmer for us to replace the catch on the gate as it is being left open by riders.  BB thought that the ones leaving the gate would still leave it as the main problem is going back up to close it and then backing out of the tight space available.  IP is going to raise the issue of the cattle grid and gate at the ROW meeting on Thursday.

IP to ask J Simpson why she has changed her stance on the tarmac which has been laid.

Crimble Mill – There is a proposed development on Crimble Fields and the mill.  Access is planned via the bridleway from Bolton Road.  IP has asked Tom Whitehead about using bridleways for access roads.


·         Bury Rights of Way


Elton Reservoir Claim – No update.  The LAF is tomorrow.

Ainsworth Hall Road.  Gordon Hartley has handed the upgrade over to us.  IP is handing in tomorrow along with one for Tottington and one for Affetside.

IP reported that grants of £100 are available from the BHS for upgrade claims put in during 2018/19

IP is planning to start gathering evidence for the footpath at the back of the mill near her house.

Beelines – cyclists & walkers with no mention of horse-riders.  IP advised to talk to Mike Holly as he sits on some committee in Manchester.

IP reported that the was a good page on Facebook called Horse Access Campaign.

·         Social

21st January AGM

Gill has a contact to arrange a visit to Hough End Stables.
LT to ask someone if they would do a talk on making jewellery from horsehair.            LT
HO/PT will see if someone with a water treadmill would come and give us a talk.                                                                                                                                       PT/HO
Hayley offered to take a ride out.  It was then suggested to tie in with the Pass Wide & Slow Campaign rides on 14th April.                                                                           HO

·         Any Other Business

None

·         Next Meeting

Tuesday, 19th February at 8.00 pm.

1-6 of 6