May 2018

posted 24 Sep 2019, 03:26 by Gill Morrell   [ updated 30 Sep 2019, 07:44 ]

Committee Meeting – 22nd May 2018

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

Val Johnston

Gwen Mann
Hayley Oliver
Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

Pat Tough

Apologies        Gill Morrell

                       

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes ok to be published on website.                                                                GM

·         Secretary’s Report

53 members up to now.  No new members since last meeting.
BB had received 19 replies to the GDPR email.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report.  IP had spoken to Gill Morrell about receiving payments online.  GM is going to look into it.

·         Website

No report

·         Rendezvous Ride

IP reported that everything is in place for Sunday’s ride.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

IP reported that the Rochdale ROW meeting was on 31st May at 6.30 at No.1 Riverside.  PT and GM to attend.  Things to bring up were Hargate Avenue gateway, Joan’s bridleway – IP to speak to Roy Thornily about the state of this, thank the Council for the great job at Black Dads, Harwood Fields being waterlogged when wet by Moorbank, gate at top of Woodhouse Lane (PNS supposed to be fixing this), gate at Cattlegrid at Lane Head.

GM/HO reported that a ditch had been dug all along Knacks Lane preventing horses access to the moors.  To be followed up with the Council.


·         Bury Rights of Way


IP reported that new fence had been erected near the two motorway bridges and it was now broken.

IP stated that Bury Council had raised concern about financial implications of Elton Reservoir upgrade application.  IP to contact Mark Weston for advice.                                IP

Cycle Way on Bury/Bolton Railway line – IP reported that a kissing gate had been installed where the path meets the bridleway.  Being followed up.

IP attended Simister/Prestwich Bridleways Association AGM and is going to help them to put a claim in.

·         Social

July – quiz

9th Sept – Treasure Hunt

September – BB to contact Graham Steeden. He has suggested doing a talk on his experiences on riding holidays.                                                                                        BB

November – Christmas meal.  It was suggested the Committee go to the Waggon at Birtle for a meal.

·         Any Other Business

None

·          

·         Next Meeting

Tuesday, 24th July.

Comments