July 2018

posted 24 Sep 2019, 03:27 by Gill Morrell

Committee Meeting – 24th July 2018

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

Val Johnston

Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

Pat Tough

Julie Gray – Birtle Trust (Part only)

Apologies        Gill Morrell

                        Gwen Mann

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes ok to be published on website.                                                                GM

·         Secretary’s Report

55 members – two new this month,

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report.

·         Website

No report – RMBC phone number incorrect on website needs updating.           GM

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Alan Rawstern is trying to get funding for some gates on Rooley Moor to try to deter motorbikers.  He has been unsuccessful to date.

Pat asked for details of any bridleway signs which are illegible or missing in Rochdale area to be reported to her so that RMBC can replace them.  Ones we were aware of were Martlett Avenue, Overtown Lane, Caldershaw/Redfern Wood.  BB to include in email to members.                                                                                                                 BB

Julie Gray wanted our opinion on what would stop motorbikes/quads getting into the quarry.  We suggested Tiger Traps and also some Section 59 signs.





·         Bury Rights of Way


IP/LT/VJ attended LAF Meeting.

Holcombe Moor bridleway is eroded.  This is going to be put right.
IP showed a picture of cycle track on some old railway lines, now experiencing trouble with quad bikes.

Elton Reservoir Claim – no decision yet.  Paperwork is done and will give them 6 weeks before contacting the Secretary of State.

Buckhurst – IP and VJ had attended interviews with Lancashire Council about their evidence forms for Selsis Lane

 

·         Rendezvous Ride

Went well, took £290 in entry fees.

The paramedic on duty donated his fee of £90 for air ambulance.  IP to let BB have his name.                                                                                                                 IP

·         Social

July – quiz

9th Sept – Treasure Hunt

VJ to contact Graham Steeden about October meeting.                                                VJ

November – Christmas meal at Pack Horse – pie & peas.

·         Any Other Business

QAVS on Wednesday via Twitter..not enough knowledge.  IP will apologise to them.

·          

Next Meeting

Tuesday, 21st August
Comments