September 2017

posted 1 Apr 2018, 02:07 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 19th September 2017

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

Val Johnston
Gwen Mann
Gill Morrell
Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                       

Irene welcomed Gwen back to the Committee.

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be published on website.                                                                  GM

 

·         Secretary’s Report

No changes to membership.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report

·         Website

No report

·         Rochdale Rights of Way  -

Irene stated that whenever we do an upgrade whoever is leading it must share with the Committee where they are up to and make sure everyone is happy with it.  Evidence must be analysed to make sure it is of a good quality.  She has a useful leaflet from Natural England which she will forward to Gill to put on the website.    IP/GM

It was agreed that we should pull the report on Northdene Drive from the Township Meeting on 4th October and re-submit our claim once we have further good evidence.

We need Helen to formally hand over ownership to Pat.  The next Rochdale ROW meeting is on 21st September.  PT suggested speaking to Liz McInnes.

GM to progress the Norden paths now she has more time.                                GM

·         Bury Rights of Way


Bury LAF meeting is on 20th September and Bury Bridleway Strategy is on the agenda.  IP hoping to get an update on Elton and Ainsworth Hall Road which was put in by Gordon Hartley.

There is a Bury Local Plan for a community circuit (a multi-userway).

Buckhurst – no update on when the public inquiry will be.  The Council are going to start the process on Selses Hill.
The bridleway which comes out opposite the Packhorse in Birtle will be closed some time in the next few weeks to put new pipes in.

Irene asked if she could use a researcher to get information from field books.  The cost is approximately £90.  IP will raise again prior to it being done.


·         Queen’s Award

Replica Crystals were £25 if we order between 1 and 10.  Gill to order and then we will repay. GM to ask Clive Entwistle if he wants one, IP will ask Leila.                      IP/GM


·         Social

25th September.    - Wendy Davies from Bury Chiropractors
30th October          - to be decided (collect evidence/general chat?
27th November      - Meal/buffet – BB to invite Liz Greenwood from Air Ambulance


Treasure hunt was cancelled due to weather and lack of interest, will re-schedule in Spring.


·         Any Other Business

.

 

Next Meeting

Tuesday, 17th October 2017
Comments