June 2017

posted 1 Apr 2018, 02:03 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 6th June 2017

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

Val Johnston
Gill Morrell
Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                       

copy:               Helen Moore
                        Hayley Oliver

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be published on website.                                                                  GM

 

·         Matters Arising

Motorbike signs still not put up, waiting for Bury Council.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we had 58 members so far this year.
BB said that she had had a call from Mrs Sykes from Queen’s Award.  She rang to congratulate us on receiving the award and looked forward to seeing us at the presentation ceremony.
BB to prepare Treasure Hunt which will be held on 10th September.

LT asked if someone joins mid-year could they have next year’s membership free.  It was confirmed that in the constitution of the association if you join from October onwards you get next year’s membership too.

·         Treasurer’s Report

£700 up.

·         Website

1 international hit from Canada.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way  -

Northdene Drive claim has been submitted.
GM had maps for Norden upgrades which included Blackpits, Ginnell near Moss Row through to Shepherd Street, the track from Ashbourne Street down to Edenfield Road near Bamford Motor Company.  It was agreed to have a meeting at the Pack Horse on 31st July to try to get people to fill in Evidence Forms.

PT had got the bridleways sign which had come down on Crimble Lane.  Waiting for it to be put back up.



·         Bury Rights of Way


£154 spent on “No Motorbike” signs.  Not put up yet.
8 claims put in, we need to make sure they are processed in a reasonable time.
There were two objectors on the Elton route.  Council refused IP’s request to see them.  Maybe use Freedom of Information Act to see them.

·         Queen’s Award

We can now use the Queen’s Award logo on our letterheads.  It was agreed to use this instead of our horseshoe logo.

Badges to be given to committee and honorary life members.

BB to send press release to BHS magazine.                                                       BB

 

·         Social

21st August            - Quiz
10th Septmeber     - Treasure Hunt
25th September.    - Wendy Davies from Bury Chiropractors
30th October          - Forum

·         Any Other Business

IP attending National Federation of Bridleway Association meeting at Baxenden Village Hall on Thursday, LT can’t attend due to short notice.  GM agreed to go with IP.

 

Next Meeting

Tuesday, 15th August.  (BB may not be able to attend due to jet lag!)
Comments