January 2017

posted 27 May 2017, 09:47 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 17th January 2017

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

            Heidi Jepson

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes fine.  Can be published on website.                                                        GM

 

·         Matters Arising

BB to add HJ as admin on Facebook page.                                                        BB
GM & IP to meet to look at website admin.                                                          IP/GM
IP has picked up “No Motorbike” signs and is meeting with David Chadwick.    IP
IP to follow up on drains.                                                                                      IP~

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that the last post about the meeting in January had been seen by £6,500.  BB to send out email to members.                                                              BB

·         Treasurer’s Report

Accounts have been done ready for AGM we have about £6,500 in total including the £1,000 donated by Birtle Bridleways, some of this used to pay for the “No Motorbike” signs.  We have gained about £400 over the year.

·         Website

No report due to internet problems.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way  -

Black Pits – Gill will et soe evidence forms printed for the next meeting.                       GM

BB to put a reminder on Facebook at Northdene Drive.                                                  BB

Evidence forms to be collected for path behind Norden Library, the snicket from Shepherd Street to Moss Row.  Hopefully will be available at January meeting.                           GM

PT asked if it was worth asking Bamford Chapel for access to their car park to get off the road.  It was felt this was not practical as there is a chain across the entrance to the car park.


·         Bury Rights of Way


LT & IP are meeting D Chadwick on 19th January to go through the historical evidence they have collected.  They will submit it as a claim at the next LAF meeting on 15th February.

No update on Elton Reservoir claim although on Bury Council website it states it will be completed by November 16.

IP has written to the Spacial Framework project focussing on keeping the existing bridleways safe.  It was decided to keep watching for updates and plans for this and concentrate on the bridleway aspect and not the building.

·         Windfarms

IP reported that there were plans for another windfarm in Darwen and Blackburn but it was agreed that as it is not in our area and there are no bridlways in the area we are not going to get involved.

·         Social

30th January          - Riding & Road Safety
27th February        - AGM
27th March                        - North West Air Ambulance (BB)
24th April                - Members Forum
22nd May               - Equine First Aid (PT)

Summer Break

21st August            - Quiz
25th September     - TBA
30th October          - Forum
27th November      - Christmas Meal

·         Any Other Business

It was agreed to have a nominated charity for the year… this year North West Air Ambulance.

·         Next Meeting


21st February – 8.00 pm at the Pack Horse (DON’T HAVE ANY TEA!!)

 



Comments