Constitution‎ > ‎Committee Meetings‎ > ‎

2017 Committee Meetings

April 2017

posted 27 May 2017, 09:53 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association   [ updated 6 Jun 2017, 11:28 ]

Committee Meeting – 18th April 2017

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                       

Apologies:       Gill Morrell
                        Helen Moore

                        Hayley Oliver

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes fine.  Can be published on website following amendments.       GM

 

·         Matters Arising

No matters arising.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we had 49 members so far this year.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report.

·         Website

No report.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way  -

No update.

·         Bury Rights of Way


IP reported that the motorbike signs had still not been put up but they are in the system.

IP has found that the route of the bridleway through the chicken farm runs down the house side of the road where waggons are parking.  David Chadwick is looking into this.

Builders at Lowes Park want to temporarily close bridlepath number 37 in order to install gas and electricity.  A timescale needs to be included.

Route around Chesham Woods – need to ask at the next meeting for anyone interested in this to fill in an evidence form.

IP had asked Simister & Prestwich Bridleways if they want to join us.  BB and PT felt that would make our area too big.  PT suggested having a vote.  It was agreed to wait and see what happened at their AGM on 19th April.

·         Social

24th April                - Members Forum
22nd May               - Equine First Aid – Simon Constable
21st August            - Quiz
25th September.    - Chiropractor
30th October          - Forum

BB to arrange a treasure hunt ride to raise money for air ambulance.

·         Next Meeting

Tuesday, 16th May at the Pack Horse.

March 2017

posted 27 May 2017, 09:51 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 21st March 2017

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Helen Moore

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                       

Apologies:       Gill Morrell

                        Hayley Oliver

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes fine.  Can be published on website.                                                        GM

 

·         Matters Arising

No matters arising.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we had 40 members so far this year.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report.

·         Website

No report.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way  -

No meeting held since last committee meeting.

HM reported that a “Friends of Ashworth Valley Group” had been set up to tackle litter problems and fly-tipping and was going to ask about advice on the “quiet lane” status which applies to School Lane.

IP had read a report that Rochdale had a ROW budget of £130k+ which was huge compared to Bury.  The Rochdale Definitive Map should be finished by end of March.

HM to send the minutes of the ROW meetings to IP for information.                             HM

What upgrades are going to be done in Rochdale – Northdene Drive evidence currently being collected.  GM was looking at Blackpits, No update on Woodtop.

PT advised that she had written to Rochdale Council about missing Bridleway sign on Crimble Lane.  HM to follow up at next ROW meeting.  PT to copy email to HM.`      HM/PT

·          

·         Bury Rights of Way


IP reported that the Section 56 signs are still not up, she had walked the area with David Chadwick to decide where the signs should be put up.  Ongoing.

IP had met a girl on a horse who had met 6 bikes in a line across the roads, IP had advised her to speak to her MP.

At our forum in April stress that all incidents should be reported to BHS.

Elton Reservoir Claim – awaiting the opposition to produce evidence of a sign giving permission.  They had until 10th March.  We now need to contact the people who have filled in evidence forms.  The objectors are having a meeting, IP is going to see if she can attend.

At the LAF meeting it was advised that Holcombe Moor was being designated a Site of Scientific interest. The Vice Chairman has had a meeting with BHS reps K Bruce, A Calvern from Natural England and C Peat.  What effect is the SSSI going to have on horse riders’ access and rights to graze.  IP has sent a letter on behalf of RBBA.

Path watch to survey all footpaths – 1 to 51 have been done and all are being collected and put into a library of information on RoW.

IP asked if LAF minutes and ROW minutes should be shared with committee.  This was agreed.        IP to email the minutes to committee members.                                IP

Ainsworth Hall Road – claim put in but does not show where they are claiming properly so needs to be re-done.

IP reported that 8 upgrades had been put into Bury in the last two years.  Will raise at the LAF to try to get them looked at.  LT has seen an article about funding being available from Central Government for this.

Route around Chesham Woods – need to ask at the next meeting for anyone interested in this to fill in an evidence form.


·         Social

24th April                - Members Forum
22nd May               - Equine First Aid (PT)
21st August            - Quiz
BB to contact donkey sanctuary for meeting on 25th September.                                  BB
30th October          - Forum

HM reported that HO was going to ask Graham Brierley about using their facilities for a Trec competition.

BB to arrange a treasure hunt ride to raise money for air ambulance.

·         Next Meeting

Tuesday, 18th April at the Pack Horse.

February 2017

posted 27 May 2017, 09:50 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association   [ updated 27 May 2017, 09:56 ]

Committee Meeting 21st February 2017

Present: Irene Pope

                 Lesley Tierney

                 Gill Morrell

                 Helen Moore

                 Heidi Jepson

                 Valerie Johnston

 

Apologies: Barbara Brown

                    Hayley Oliver

 

                    Pat Tough

 

Minutes of Previous Meeting

 

OK to publish on website

 

Matters Arising

 

None

 

Secretary’s Report

 

Secretary not present

 

Treasurer’s Report

 

All were given a copy of the year-end accounts to peruse ready for the AGM.

 

Officers for 2017

 

Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer stated that they were happy to carry on these roles in 2017 unless someone else on the committee would like to take over.

 

 

 

Rochdale Rights of Way

 

Helen Moore reported on the minutes of the previous Rochdale Rights of Way meeting .

 

Northdene Drive: there is a conflict of interest between local residents and horse riders over the use of the path linking Northdene Drive to the main Rochdale and Bury Road. RBBA is in the process of collecting user evidence forms prior to submitting a claim to have this path upgraded to bridleway status. No action to be taken until request for upgrade received and considered and future of the path resolved.

 

RUPP 7 near Healey Dell: This route has recently been refurbished by Rochdale Council. It now has a crushed stone surface, the water is directed to the sides  and there are shallow horse steps on the route. Thank you to Helen for causing this to happen.

 

Helen reported that the next Rochdale ROW meeting was next Thursday, 2nd March 2017.

 

The committee asked Helen to inquire about the progress of the Woodtop upgrade claim and  to report the need for remedial work on BW 48, Harwood Fields off Elbut Lane. Also to report that the step-over on Splash Lane from Ashworth Road needs repairing and a gate on Splash Lane is not horse rider friendly.            

 

 

The committee then considered a number of possible upgrades suggested by Gill Morrell.

 

Black Pitts Road behind Dexine to Paperhouse Bridge

War Memorial to Ashbourne Street (behind old Norden Library)

Quarry to Ashbourne Street/Furbarn Lane (where the tiger trap is)

Back of Moss Row to Paperhouse Bridge

Clay Lane to Fisherfield

 

It was decided to tackle these routes one at a time in the order shown above and ask members to fill in a form to say which routes they could provide user evidence for together with their contact details.

                                     

It was reported that BW 8 near Bagslate Moor Road has been resurfaced.

 

Residents using BW 9a near Taylor Park are complaining that the surface of the bridleway behind their houses is being churned up because horses are using the route after the refurbishment of the network in that area last year! Gill has visited the area and reported that the surface is in an acceptable state for horse use and not badly poached .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bury Rights of Way

 

Elton Reservoir upgrade to bridleway claim. The investigation into the strength of this claim is coming to a conclusion and a decision is expected  in the near future.

 

Ainsworth bridleways: At the Local Access Forum meeting on 15th February 2017 Claims based on historical evidence and some user evidence were submitted for 6 routes to be upgraded to bridleway status in and around Ainsworth village to the west of Bury.

 

Heritage Trail: Plans for a proposed multi-user Heritage Trail to the west of Bury were submitted to the Local Access Forum on 15th February 2017. This trail is a circular route visiting Ainsworth village and Elton Reservoir and passing several sites of interest concerning Bury’s industrial past. The plan was well received has been passed on the Bury Council’s Head of Planning and Assistant Director.

 

East-west bridleway link: A possible bridleway link between areas to the west of Bury and those east of Bury has been identified from Gin Hall off Walmersley Road to Baldingstone on Walmersley Old Road. This area has been ear-marked for industrial development on the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework. If this development goes ahead we will pursue a possible bridleway route to provide the link, connecting with Rowlands Road (a by-way)to the west  and the routes around Buckhurst and Walmersley to the east.

 

Simister and Prestwich Bridleways Association

 

Hannah Knaggs, who has been secretary for 14 years, is resigning and this may precipitate the folding of Simister and Prestwich Bridleways Association.  We are proposing to offer amalgamation with RBBA if they wish so that the expertise in that area is not lost.

 

 

Social

 

Barbara has organised North West Air Ambulance to come and talk to us at our March meeting on 27th. NWAA is our charity for the year.

 

Our April meeting on 24th will be a Members Forum.

 

It was decided to ask the membership what speakers could be suggested for other meetings this year.

 

BHS

 

An e-mail has been sent to Mark Weston, Director of Access at the BHS concerning the role of the BHS in the Scout Moor Wind Farm Expansion application and Public Inquiry, questioning the stance that they took.

 

Concessionary routes

 

Gwen Mann looks after the two concessionary routes. She has inspected the routes and says at present there is no necessity to change the locks.

 

 Greenbooth concession: the footpath on top of the cliff is dangerous and has been diverted onto our concessionary route. Fencing has been put up to separate walkers and horse riders in some places. A request has been made to put up signs along the route  to ask walkers to give way to horse and to ban cyclists.

 

Any Other Business

 

It was suggested that in matters of policy and financial expenditure that the results of a formal vote in committee  should be minuted. The suggestion was accepted by all.

 

It was noted that in July 2017 the BHS Access Team will be visiting the North West for an Access and Rights of Way Conference. It was decided to try and attend if venue and time were convenient.

 

Date and Time of next committee meeting

 

To be decided.

 Suggestions – 14th March, 21st March.

January 2017

posted 27 May 2017, 09:47 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 17th January 2017

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

            Heidi Jepson

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes fine.  Can be published on website.                                                        GM

 

·         Matters Arising

BB to add HJ as admin on Facebook page.                                                        BB
GM & IP to meet to look at website admin.                                                          IP/GM
IP has picked up “No Motorbike” signs and is meeting with David Chadwick.    IP
IP to follow up on drains.                                                                                      IP~

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that the last post about the meeting in January had been seen by £6,500.  BB to send out email to members.                                                              BB

·         Treasurer’s Report

Accounts have been done ready for AGM we have about £6,500 in total including the £1,000 donated by Birtle Bridleways, some of this used to pay for the “No Motorbike” signs.  We have gained about £400 over the year.

·         Website

No report due to internet problems.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way  -

Black Pits – Gill will et soe evidence forms printed for the next meeting.                       GM

BB to put a reminder on Facebook at Northdene Drive.                                                  BB

Evidence forms to be collected for path behind Norden Library, the snicket from Shepherd Street to Moss Row.  Hopefully will be available at January meeting.                           GM

PT asked if it was worth asking Bamford Chapel for access to their car park to get off the road.  It was felt this was not practical as there is a chain across the entrance to the car park.


·         Bury Rights of Way


LT & IP are meeting D Chadwick on 19th January to go through the historical evidence they have collected.  They will submit it as a claim at the next LAF meeting on 15th February.

No update on Elton Reservoir claim although on Bury Council website it states it will be completed by November 16.

IP has written to the Spacial Framework project focussing on keeping the existing bridleways safe.  It was decided to keep watching for updates and plans for this and concentrate on the bridleway aspect and not the building.

·         Windfarms

IP reported that there were plans for another windfarm in Darwen and Blackburn but it was agreed that as it is not in our area and there are no bridlways in the area we are not going to get involved.

·         Social

30th January          - Riding & Road Safety
27th February        - AGM
27th March                        - North West Air Ambulance (BB)
24th April                - Members Forum
22nd May               - Equine First Aid (PT)

Summer Break

21st August            - Quiz
25th September     - TBA
30th October          - Forum
27th November      - Christmas Meal

·         Any Other Business

It was agreed to have a nominated charity for the year… this year North West Air Ambulance.

·         Next Meeting


21st February – 8.00 pm at the Pack Horse (DON’T HAVE ANY TEA!!)

 



1-4 of 4