September 2016

posted 23 Nov 2016, 11:14 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

   Committee Meeting – 21st September 2016

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Helen Moore

                        Gill Morrell

                        Hayley Oliver

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                       

                                               
Apologies:       Pat Tough

                       

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Ok to publish on website.                                                                                      GM

·         Matters Arising

None

·         Secretary’s Report

84 members,.
BB had spent £22.78 on new membership cards.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No further activity.

·         Website  

No report due to lack of time.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way  - Helen was attending meeting tonight.

HM/HO had attended Rochdale ROW meeting.

Stephen Pike thinks the papers for Woodtop will be with the Council.  HO to find out who had signed for them so we can try to track them down.                                                    HO

HM reported that Bev is struggling to attend the ROW meetings due to the timing of them.

Norden Forum – HJ and BB to attend future meetings.

A problem was reported at the ROW meeting about footpath between Northdene Drive through to Bury Road.  We need to gather evidence of use, raise at the October Forum meeting.  Get footpath number from Gwen.                                           HM

Rochdale Council is in the process of getting Definitive Map online and have a dedicated person working on it.

44 jobs had been completed, including clearing overgrowth on Overtown Lane and replacing horse stile on Furbarn Lane.

Need to get the reference for the bridleway from Broadley Station which goes up to Prickshaw.  Get number from Gwen.                                                                       HM

·         Rooley Moor Neighbourhood Forum

IP reported that the launch day on 14th August had been a good day.  Rochdale’s Mayor had asked us to get a nomination for the Queens Award for Voluntary Service.  The nomination has now gone in from Councillor Mike Holly.

·         Bury Rights of Way


Document for Ainsworth Village completed approximately 300 pages for 6 bridleways making up a heritage trail which highlights places of historical interest.  Need to get this printed to submit to Bury Council.

Upgrade round Elton.  Contact made with the house where the locked gate was to try to persuade them not to object.

Affetside – Deborah Bachelor is meeting with the vice chairman of BHS Lancashire to follow up.

·         Windfarms

Proofs of evidence have been issued.  Public Inquiry starts on 11th October and will last for 8 days.  IP speaking on Thursday, 13th.  BB to put on Facebook page.                       BB

·         Social

26th September     - Quiz Night.  Teams of up to 4, £1 each.  Split money for prize.  BB to share to Ainsworth Riders page.
31st October – Members Forum
28th November – Xmas Meal

·         Any Other Business

GM asked if someone could attend Norden Plan meetings.  A new initiative to keep a watch on new developments in the village.  HJ and BB to attend.

·         Next Meeting


27th October at Helen’s – 1 Smallshaw Road, Lane Head.

 

Comments