May 2016

posted 23 Nov 2016, 11:10 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 19th May 2016

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Helen Moore

                        Karen Morgan

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Hayley Oliver

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                                               
Apologies:      

                       

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Change date!                                                                                                        BB

·         Matters Arising

GM stated that no horses turned up to the opening of Taylor Park bridleway, however, there is going to be another opening day before 12th July.  GM to let BB know when so she can let others know and put it on Facebook.                                                 GM

·         Secretary’s Report

Barbara reported that we now had 71 members paid and 629 Likes on the Facebook page. 

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report due to lack of time.

·         Website  

No report due to lack of time.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Cassy Lanes – IP to speak to BO’C about issues in this area.  PT will help Bev in this area.                                                                                                                       IP

Woodtop – evidence forms done.  GM will scan before sending into the Council.  To be sent by Special Delivery.  Send copies to local councillors for information (and back-up!)-

Hayley asked if anything could be done with the big gate at the cattle grid in Lane Head. Its difficult to open from horseback so everyone uses the pedestrian gate.  Need to get people to report to council.



·         Bury Rights of Way


Buckhurst – One objection has been received and its going to public inquiry.

IP/LT/VJ attended a meeting about the Bury Bridleways Strategy, alongwith Deborah Bachelor of Lancs BHS and Darwen & Blackburn Bridleways Association.  Two routes look favourable, one to get into Holcolmbe Moor from East to West and a route through Burrs Country Park are being investigated.

Next Local Area Forum meeting is on 20th July.

Ainsworth Loop – claim is in for Elton Reservoir but nothing done yet.  Ainsworth Hall claim was sent in 12 months ago.  CP is taking to Secretary of State.

LT reported that there had been a few incidents recently on the main road in Ainsworth village.  A booklet has been produced by LT and IP and a copy given to councillors at the last LAF meeting.  The Ainsworth Community Group are fully supportive.  IP has some historical maps and has contacted Sue Hogg for help.

 

·         Windfarms

IP updated on the status of the windfarm extension.
The Public Inquiry is on Tuesday 11th October at Futures Park in Bacup.

·         Social

29th June              -  Ellen Shaw – Riding on Roads your responsibility and your rights.

25th July               = Natalie Fizio – Equine Palates Practitioner

·         Any Other Business

None

·         Next Meeting


21st July at Emma’s.

Comments