March 2016

posted 23 Nov 2016, 11:07 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 17th March 2016

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Karen Morgan

                        Bev O’Connor

                        Hayley Oliver

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                                               
Apologies:       Helen Moore

                        Joanna Smith


Before the meeting started Irene asked what had happened about Joan/Gwen’s honorary life membership.  BB/GM confirmed that they had their membership cards and Gwen had had a refund.  IP/LT to organise plaques for them.                                                                        IP/LT

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be posted to website after changing 2015 to 2016                                      GM

·         Matters Arising

It was agreed that BO’C, HO and Gwen would go to the next Rochdale Rights of Way meeting, possible one other.

BO’C had spoken to the landowners on Cassy Racetrack and they were willing to do the work if they could get a bit of funding towards fuel and time.  It was agreed to give them up to £300.

GM confirmed that work had started on the bridleway adjacent to Taylor Park.

·         Secretary’s Report

Barbara reported that we now had 57 members paid and 573 likes on the Facebook page.

BB to put something on Facebook from the 25 year leaftlet we had.  IP will put something together.                                                                                                                     IP

·         Treasurer’s Report

GM reported that we were £416.11 up and we had received £510 in membership fees.

·         Website  

No report, GM planning to meeting with Joanna Smith about the website.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Woodtop – ongoing.  Currently collecting evidence.

Gill asked if anyone knew if the tree in Meadowcroft Mills had been cleared.  BB confirmed that it had.

BB reported that she had contacted the council about the gates on Shawfield Stones being impossible to open/close on horseback.  This to be raised at the Rochdale ROW meeting.                                                                                                          BO’C

Windmill shadows – IP reported she had sent pictures to the experts.

·         Bury Rights of Way


Sillingurst Farm – David Chadwick has visited the landowner who has now agreed never to obstruct the bridleway.  Notices have been put up to notify people that it is a working farm.  He has said he will put a gate on the back but he still needs access to his sheds on a daily basis.  IP will monitor.

Buckhurst – ongoing, no update.

IP reported that the next LAF meeting was on 27th April and she was asking for surfaces for public rights of way to be put on the agenda and the Council are not adhering to the policy which is on their website.

Elton Reservoir – a new surface has been put down which is uncomfortable to walk on and totally inappropriate..

Bury Bridleway Strategy.  A meeting is to be held with David Chadwick on 15th April to discuss this.  LT, IP and VJ will attend alongwith with someone from Darwen & Blackburn Bridleways Association and someone from Prestwich & Simister Bridleways Association.

·         Windfarms

Ongoing. IP is attending a meeting on 31st March.

·         Social

March                    – No meeting (Easter)
25th April                –  Members’ Forum – information evening. Evidence Forms


HO has arranged for Natalie Fizio an Equine Palates practioner to come to our July meeting.
                             

·         Any Other Business

BB had a form from the BHS for getting funding.  BO’C took the form to see if we can get anything towards Cassy Racetrack.

·         Next Meeting


14th April 2016 at Emma’s

Comments