July 2016

posted 23 Nov 2016, 11:11 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 21st July 2016

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Bev O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                                               
Apologies:       Joanna Smith

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Hayley Olivery

                       

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Ok to issue following a couple of changes.                                                                      BB

·         Matters Arising

None

·         Secretary’s Report

Problem raised by a former member about drains.  Already reported to Lancashire Council. 

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report due to lack of time.

·         Website  

No report due to lack of time.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way  - meeting cancelled to be re-arranged.

Cassy Lanes – BO’C had been unable to get in touch with Lee Walker at the Council.  Only pruning needed.  The path that goes to Crimble is not owned by the Council.  BO’C will keep working at it.``                                                                                    BO’C

Woodtop – A few more evidence forms to come in before being submitted to the Council.  IP asked if everyone was ok that BB was contact in Rochdale area.  No objections.  When all are received send to Mark Widdop, Environmental Services Director by Registered Post.                                                                                               IP

Angie Collinge has said she would be happy for a path to go through her land up to Scount Moor.  PT to visit with EM and possibly Gwen to discuss any conditions, route, etc.

Cow Lane – opposite Norden Road.  Has been resurfaced.  BB to put something on Facebook page to make riders aware.  Marilyn Jackson started upgrade process a few years ago.
Tack Lea Farm – planning application for distribution centre/warehouse.  Does not affect bridleway.

·         Rooley Moor Neighbourhood Forum

14th August launch day in conjunction with BBC.  IP has loads of stuff to put on stall.

Bury Rights of Way


LAF meeting  new routes around Ainsworth Village claim based on historical evidence.  IP asked if she should buy a map and make a donation to Pennine Pack Horse Trails Trust for their help.  Agreed.                                                                     IP

IP asked if we had contact details for Gareth, policeman who spoke at the last meeting at the Pack Horse.  BB to contact Ellen Shaw.                                                      BB

Buckhurst – John Walsh had objected to various pieces of map evidence.

 

·         Windfarms

Successful walk up to Waughs Well.
The Planning Inspector is making a site visit.  IP to suggest a location which overlooks the impact the windfarm extension will make.

·         Social

25th July               - Natalie Fizio – Equine Palates Practitioner – Barbara apologies.
26th September     - Quiz Night

·         Any Other Business

Milnrow/Newhey Bridleways wanted help with setting up bridleways.  Invite to future Committee Meetig.

·         Next Meeting


25th September at Gill’s.

Comments