February 2016

posted 24 Mar 2016, 07:04 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 18th February 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Helen Moore

                        Gill Morrell

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Bev O’Connor

                        Hayley Oliver

                        Irene Pope

                        Joanna Smith

                        Lesley Tierney

                                               
Apologies:       Pat Tough

Irene welcomed all the new committee members to their first meeting.

It was agreed that Lesley should be elected as Vice Chairman for 2016.

                       

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be posted to website.                                                                       GM

·         Matters Arising

BO’C asked what was happening with Taylor Park.  Gill gave an update on the quote obtained and possible ward funding.

·         Secretary’s Report

Barbara reported that we now had 42 members paid and 533 likes on the Facebook page.

A discussion took place about how to communicate with the general horsey population about the work we do behind the scenes.  More pictures and information to be put on the website and Facebook page.

Gill and Joanna to get together to look at the website.                                         JS/GM

Lesley stated that the Ainswoirth Riders Facebook page had 150 likes.

Barbara to email contact details for all committee members to the committee. BB

·         Treasurer’s Report

An additional £335 in memberships had been added to the accounts presented at the AGM. 

·         Website  

No report

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Following Joan & Gwen’s resignations we needed someone to attend the Rochdale Rights of Way meetings, held quarterly at No. 1 Riverside.  Bev agreed to go and Hayley will go with her.  The next meeting is on 19th April at 6.30 pm.                BO’C/HO

Barbara to email Ian Trickett to confirm change of contact.                   BB

Woodtop -
We have got all the documentation back from the Council.  Irene if going to take a look through it but the general feeling was that we should probably start it again.  Bev agreed to do this with help.  Barbara confirmed that there was a procedure for upgrades on the website.

Castle Hill Quarry diversion of bridleway in the 1970’s.  Irene is going to walk along to see if it is worth looking into but some of it had been quarried away.  No diversion/ stopping up order recorded.  Irene to check with David Chadwick to see if it came under Bury.                                                                                                     IP

Bev stated the old racetrack off Castleton Lanes is overgrown and needs clearing.  Gill to get a quote from Norden Agricultural.                                                          GM

Rainshore – if anyone has any comments on the work going on they should be direct to Nigel Morrell.  Gill to contact Gwen as she is keeping her eye on it.     GM

Gill said there was a tree down in Meadowcroft Mills.  It has been reported.

Hayley asked if there was anything that could be done about a farmer feeding his cattle on the bridleways on the moors.  It was suggested that the best course of action would be to report it to the Council (Environment).                                   HO

 

·         Bury Rights of Way


Sillingurst Farm – David Chadwick has written to the landowner but had not yet had a reply, he has 28 days to respond.  Irene stated she only wants a diversion when they were carrying out the dangerous activities. 

Buckhurst – ongoing, no update.

Ainsworth Loop – a claim has been submitted for a path around Elton reservoir.
There is a section not on the definitive map and the old railway line between Bury and Bolton has been suggested as an alternative route by the planning officer, however, the ramblers are not happy about it.

Elton Reservoir – someone has put some stone down for machinery to go up to fix a leak in the reservoir.  This has been reported to David Chadwick.  Irene stated that she was going to get bridleways surfaces put on the agenda of the next LAF meeting so we can find out what the legal position is about re-surfacing.

·         Windfarms


Peel Holdings – Scout Moor extension is going to public enquiry.  Representations had to be submitted by 15th February.  Irene stated that the alternative bridleway had not been confirmed as being legal.   It had been agreed in principle but not sure if it was suitable for horses.

·         Social

29th February        – Miles Greenwood – Equine Pasture Management
March                    – No meeting (Easter)
April                       – Members’ Forum – information evening
                             

It was decided to have meetings bi-monthly for now and see what attendance is like.

·         Any Other Business

Val stated that a farm off Church Lane in Birtle was to be demolished so there would probably be more traffic using the lane.

Gill stated that Jim Gartside had raised concerns about young riders on Edenfield Road with no lights on at dusk/in the dark.  BB to put something on Facebook.     BB

Lesley asked if Joan/Gwen should get honorary life membership.  Everyone agreed that they should. 

·         Next Meeting


17th March 2016 at Emma’s
Comments