Constitution‎ > ‎Committee Meetings‎ > ‎

2016 Committee Meetings


November 2016

posted 27 May 2017, 09:42 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 24th November 2016

Present: Heidi Jepson

                Val Johnston

                Helen Moore

                 Gill Morrell

                 Hayley Oliver

                 Irene Pope

                 Lesley Tierney

                 Pat Tough

 

Apologies: Barbara Brown

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

  

                 OK to publish on website                                                                                                     GM

 

·         Matters Arising

 

City of Trees proposal: an e-mail has been sent Tony Hothersall of City of Trees expressing an interest in taking part in discussions about the proposal with a view to including horse riding routes .

 

Greater Manchester Spatial Framework: Public consultation events are taking place. Irene went to see the one in Bury at The Elizabethan Suite on Monday 21st November 2016 and collected some information sheets about the areas in which equestrian activity is likely to be impacted. We propose to write in and express a wish that equestrian matters be considered, existing routes be protected and new routs created within any dvelopments.         IP/LT

 

There was a meeting in Bamford on the same day about proposals in Bamford.

DETAILS:

The meeting is to discuss the following:
The Greater Manchester Spatial Framework (GMSF).
A Neighbourhood Plan.
The re-forming of the Bamford Green Belt Action Group.

In layman’s terms: The GMSF is an ambitious plan to bring economic growth and to establish new homes, businesses, jobs and green spaces across the city region over the next 20 years.
Part of that plan will involve the building of 750 homes on Green Belt land in Bamford/Norden
which is owned by Peel Holdings.

Contact: Anne Shorrock (Chair of the Action Group)  01706 621087

 

·         Secretary’s Report

 

Secretary not present

·         Treasurer’s Report

 

No change

 

·         Website

 

234 sessions; 54 from Russia, 25 from Germany, 25 from Italy, 19 from Austria, 8 from Saudi Arabia, 4 from USA, 2 from Japan, 1 from India.

 

It was proposed that 2 people should be involved in posting on Facebook and up-dating the website in case one person was unavailable eg on holiday.

 

Facebook: Heidi volunteered to help Barbara.

Website: Irene will help Gill when Gill has time to instruct her into the mysteries of the website.

 

 

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

 

Northdene Drive: Evidence forms were distributed to members at the October meeting to be returned at the 2017 AGM in February.

 

Black Pitts Road: Work on the chimney adjacent to Black Pitts Road has resulted in riders having problems using Black Pitts Road to get from the Paperhouse river crossing to the main road. It has been decided to collect evidence forms and seek a creation order for a bridleway along this route.

 

Rainshore: This week Gen Mann noticed that the developers building the houses at Rainshore had opened up and access route onto the bridleway that passes the site. Action is being taken to remedy this situation as it is feared that the surface of the bridleway will be damaged and local residents will then seek to tarmac the route.

 

Rochdale Rights of Way Meeting: Helen Moore has kindly taken on the role of our representative at this meeting which happens approximately every 3 months. At the meeting in November 2016 Helen informed the Council of our action to seek an up-grade for Northdene Drive using evidence forms (see above)

 

Helen also requested information about our claim for a bridleway up-grade along Woodtop. No information was given on the latter as the Officer dealing with the claim was not present at the meeting. It was decided that prior to each meeting we should inform the Council of information we would like to be given at the meeting so they can come prepared.

 

We were informed that Rochdale are going to appoint a dedicated Rights of Way Officer at last and we were pleased to learn that Julie Simpson’s name had been mentioned for this job.

 

Helen reported to Tia who works for United Utilities that a gate on the concessionary route around Greenbooth Reservoir is difficult to manage.

 

 

 

 

 

 

·         Bury Rights of Way

 

Following a recent serious encounter between a horse rider and buggies on a bridleway in Bury it was decided to ask the Council to put up Section 56 notices on the bridleways. As the Council have pleaded poverty RBBA have offered to buy the signs if the Council put them up. These signs act as a warning so that if the police find people illegally riding motorbikes, quad bikes and buggies on bridleways they can confiscate the vehicles. Hopefully these signs will make it safer for horse riders in the area.

 

Many bridleways in the area are not properly signposted so car /van drivers do not realise the status of the route they are using. We have asked Bury Council to way mark bridleway routes and this has started in the Walmersley area.

 

“The Drains”, Bridleway 206 between Birtle and Buckhurst, has been damaged by the recent rainfall and the membrane is showing through in some places. We propose to see if it is possible for RBBA to get a contractor to re-distribute the stones which have been washed out of place and try and re-divert the offending flow of water so try to prolong the life of the surface. Many thousands of pounds were spent by Lancashire County Council in 2008 to install the current surface.

 

·         Social

 

28th November 2016: Xmas meal at the Pack Horse

 

 

30th January 2017: Talk on riding and road safety given by Greater Manchester Mounted Police

                                 Officers in conjunction with the BHS.

 

27th February 2017: AGM

 

·         Committee Meetings

 

It is proposed that committee meetings are held at the Pack Horse, subject to Carol’s agreement.

 

Provisional date for next committee meeting: 26th January 2017

      

October 2016

posted 27 May 2017, 09:40 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 27th October 2016

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Helen Moore

                        Gill Morrell

                        Hayley Oliver

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                       

Apologies:       Heidi Jepson

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Change to read Debbie Bachelor is Vice-Chairman of BHS Lancashire and is interested in following it up.  They can then go on the website.                                              BB.GM

·         Matters Arising

None

·         Secretary’s Report

It was agreed to give Ellen Shaw Honorary Life Membership for all the help she has given us.

·         Treasurer’s Report

We are currently £671.33 up on last year and have approximately £6,000 in the bank.  We will probably have to spend some as the deregulation bill comes into effect in 2017 to make the upgrade process easier and there will be a £200 charge.

·         Website

74 hits during the month, 2 Australia, 2 USA, 1 New Zealand, 68 UK including 10 in Manchester, 5 Rochdale, 3 Oldham, 4 Bury, plus Edinburgh, Birmingham, Tenby and Maindenhead.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way  -

Issues to take to follow up at next meeting are:

Prickshaw, water damage has been reported.
The ginnell from Northdene Drive to Bury Road – get evidence forms ready for Monday.  BB
Woodtop, IP has the name of the enforcement officer dealing with this.

·         Bury Rights of Way


Upgrade round Elton – two people have objected, however, there are two bridleways and two footpaths leading to an un-named road and sgtart at footpath 109 but it hasn’t existed since 1969.  The ladies have to prove “lack of dedication”.


City Park proposal around Bury, Bolton and Salford – ways for horses to be considered.

There is a proposal for building on greenbelt land at Simister, Whitefield and Trafford Park.

·         Windfarms

IP reported that the Public Inquiry was extended by two days and the BHS supported the extension to the windfarm.

·         Social

31st October – Members Forum
Presentation on how to access the definitive maps online and the use of ROW Maps website.  Also how to fill in an evidence form and what the Inspector is looking for.

28th November – Xmas Meal

·         Any Other Business

None.

·         Next Meeting


24th November at Helen’s – 1 Smallshaw Road, Lane Head.

 



September 2016

posted 23 Nov 2016, 11:14 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

   Committee Meeting – 21st September 2016

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Helen Moore

                        Gill Morrell

                        Hayley Oliver

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                       

                                               
Apologies:       Pat Tough

                       

           

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Ok to publish on website.                                                                                      GM

·         Matters Arising

None

·         Secretary’s Report

84 members,.
BB had spent £22.78 on new membership cards.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No further activity.

·         Website  

No report due to lack of time.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way  - Helen was attending meeting tonight.

HM/HO had attended Rochdale ROW meeting.

Stephen Pike thinks the papers for Woodtop will be with the Council.  HO to find out who had signed for them so we can try to track them down.                                                    HO

HM reported that Bev is struggling to attend the ROW meetings due to the timing of them.

Norden Forum – HJ and BB to attend future meetings.

A problem was reported at the ROW meeting about footpath between Northdene Drive through to Bury Road.  We need to gather evidence of use, raise at the October Forum meeting.  Get footpath number from Gwen.                                           HM

Rochdale Council is in the process of getting Definitive Map online and have a dedicated person working on it.

44 jobs had been completed, including clearing overgrowth on Overtown Lane and replacing horse stile on Furbarn Lane.

Need to get the reference for the bridleway from Broadley Station which goes up to Prickshaw.  Get number from Gwen.                                                                       HM

·         Rooley Moor Neighbourhood Forum

IP reported that the launch day on 14th August had been a good day.  Rochdale’s Mayor had asked us to get a nomination for the Queens Award for Voluntary Service.  The nomination has now gone in from Councillor Mike Holly.

·         Bury Rights of Way


Document for Ainsworth Village completed approximately 300 pages for 6 bridleways making up a heritage trail which highlights places of historical interest.  Need to get this printed to submit to Bury Council.

Upgrade round Elton.  Contact made with the house where the locked gate was to try to persuade them not to object.

Affetside – Deborah Bachelor is meeting with the vice chairman of BHS Lancashire to follow up.

·         Windfarms

Proofs of evidence have been issued.  Public Inquiry starts on 11th October and will last for 8 days.  IP speaking on Thursday, 13th.  BB to put on Facebook page.                       BB

·         Social

26th September     - Quiz Night.  Teams of up to 4, £1 each.  Split money for prize.  BB to share to Ainsworth Riders page.
31st October – Members Forum
28th November – Xmas Meal

·         Any Other Business

GM asked if someone could attend Norden Plan meetings.  A new initiative to keep a watch on new developments in the village.  HJ and BB to attend.

·         Next Meeting


27th October at Helen’s – 1 Smallshaw Road, Lane Head.

 

August 2016

posted 23 Nov 2016, 11:13 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

   Committee Meeting – 25th August 2016

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Pat Tough

                                               
Apologies:       Helen Moore

                        Joanna Smith

                        Lesley Tierney

                       

                       

                       

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Ok to issue after changing date of next meeting.                                                                        BB

·         Matters Arising

None

·         Secretary’s Report

81 members, 662 likes.
BB had a copy of a write up on the Rights and Responsibilities riding on roads talk.  Put on website and Facebook, if possible.                                                                   BB/GM 

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report but balance back to about £4,500.

·         Website  

No report due to lack of time.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way  - Helen was attending meeting tonight.

Woodtop – Evidence forms have been sent to the Council for the attention of Mark Widdop, Head of Environmental Services by Registered Post.  Special Delivery cost £7.68 and postage was £8.55.  GM to send email confirming that 6 Wolstenholme Fold (Mr & Mrs Morris) had had notification via RBBA email.                                 GM

Red Lumb concession through Angie Collinge’s.  PT to arrange a site visit with EM and Gwen.                                                                                                                 PT

IP confirmed that a donation of £50 had been given to Sue Hogg, South Pennine Pack Horse Trails Trust as a thank you for her help with historical claims.

·         Rooley Moor Neighbourhood Forum

IP reported that the launch day on 14th August had been a good day.  Rochdale’s Mayor had asked us to get a nomination for the Queens Award for Voluntary Service.           IP

·         Bury Rights of Way


Document for Ainsworth Village completed approximately 300 pages for 6 bridleways making up a heritage trail which highlights places of historical interest.

There is a list of modification orders on Bury Council’s website and the Elton one is on there awaiting action.

Picture of the gateway to go on Facebook page – BB to get it off Ainsworth Riders page.

IP has now started looking into possible routes in the Tottington area.

 

·         Windfarms

IP gave an update on the windfarm..

·         Social

26th September     - Quiz Night
31st October – Members Forum
28th November – Xmas Meal

·         Any Other Business



·         Next Meeting


21st September at Irene’s.

July 2016

posted 23 Nov 2016, 11:11 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 21st July 2016

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Bev O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                                               
Apologies:       Joanna Smith

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Hayley Olivery

                       

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Ok to issue following a couple of changes.                                                                      BB

·         Matters Arising

None

·         Secretary’s Report

Problem raised by a former member about drains.  Already reported to Lancashire Council. 

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report due to lack of time.

·         Website  

No report due to lack of time.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way  - meeting cancelled to be re-arranged.

Cassy Lanes – BO’C had been unable to get in touch with Lee Walker at the Council.  Only pruning needed.  The path that goes to Crimble is not owned by the Council.  BO’C will keep working at it.``                                                                                    BO’C

Woodtop – A few more evidence forms to come in before being submitted to the Council.  IP asked if everyone was ok that BB was contact in Rochdale area.  No objections.  When all are received send to Mark Widdop, Environmental Services Director by Registered Post.                                                                                               IP

Angie Collinge has said she would be happy for a path to go through her land up to Scount Moor.  PT to visit with EM and possibly Gwen to discuss any conditions, route, etc.

Cow Lane – opposite Norden Road.  Has been resurfaced.  BB to put something on Facebook page to make riders aware.  Marilyn Jackson started upgrade process a few years ago.
Tack Lea Farm – planning application for distribution centre/warehouse.  Does not affect bridleway.

·         Rooley Moor Neighbourhood Forum

14th August launch day in conjunction with BBC.  IP has loads of stuff to put on stall.

Bury Rights of Way


LAF meeting  new routes around Ainsworth Village claim based on historical evidence.  IP asked if she should buy a map and make a donation to Pennine Pack Horse Trails Trust for their help.  Agreed.                                                                     IP

IP asked if we had contact details for Gareth, policeman who spoke at the last meeting at the Pack Horse.  BB to contact Ellen Shaw.                                                      BB

Buckhurst – John Walsh had objected to various pieces of map evidence.

 

·         Windfarms

Successful walk up to Waughs Well.
The Planning Inspector is making a site visit.  IP to suggest a location which overlooks the impact the windfarm extension will make.

·         Social

25th July               - Natalie Fizio – Equine Palates Practitioner – Barbara apologies.
26th September     - Quiz Night

·         Any Other Business

Milnrow/Newhey Bridleways wanted help with setting up bridleways.  Invite to future Committee Meetig.

·         Next Meeting


25th September at Gill’s.

May 2016

posted 23 Nov 2016, 11:10 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 19th May 2016

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Helen Moore

                        Karen Morgan

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Hayley Oliver

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                                               
Apologies:      

                       

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Change date!                                                                                                        BB

·         Matters Arising

GM stated that no horses turned up to the opening of Taylor Park bridleway, however, there is going to be another opening day before 12th July.  GM to let BB know when so she can let others know and put it on Facebook.                                                 GM

·         Secretary’s Report

Barbara reported that we now had 71 members paid and 629 Likes on the Facebook page. 

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report due to lack of time.

·         Website  

No report due to lack of time.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Cassy Lanes – IP to speak to BO’C about issues in this area.  PT will help Bev in this area.                                                                                                                       IP

Woodtop – evidence forms done.  GM will scan before sending into the Council.  To be sent by Special Delivery.  Send copies to local councillors for information (and back-up!)-

Hayley asked if anything could be done with the big gate at the cattle grid in Lane Head. Its difficult to open from horseback so everyone uses the pedestrian gate.  Need to get people to report to council.



·         Bury Rights of Way


Buckhurst – One objection has been received and its going to public inquiry.

IP/LT/VJ attended a meeting about the Bury Bridleways Strategy, alongwith Deborah Bachelor of Lancs BHS and Darwen & Blackburn Bridleways Association.  Two routes look favourable, one to get into Holcolmbe Moor from East to West and a route through Burrs Country Park are being investigated.

Next Local Area Forum meeting is on 20th July.

Ainsworth Loop – claim is in for Elton Reservoir but nothing done yet.  Ainsworth Hall claim was sent in 12 months ago.  CP is taking to Secretary of State.

LT reported that there had been a few incidents recently on the main road in Ainsworth village.  A booklet has been produced by LT and IP and a copy given to councillors at the last LAF meeting.  The Ainsworth Community Group are fully supportive.  IP has some historical maps and has contacted Sue Hogg for help.

 

·         Windfarms

IP updated on the status of the windfarm extension.
The Public Inquiry is on Tuesday 11th October at Futures Park in Bacup.

·         Social

29th June              -  Ellen Shaw – Riding on Roads your responsibility and your rights.

25th July               = Natalie Fizio – Equine Palates Practitioner

·         Any Other Business

None

·         Next Meeting


21st July at Emma’s.

April 2016

posted 23 Nov 2016, 11:09 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 14th April 2016

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Helen Moore

                        Karen Morgan

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann (Part)

                        Karen Morgan

                        Bev O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

                        Joanna Smith

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                                               
Apologies:       Hayley Oliver

                       

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Bury ROW Elton Reservoir change to read that a new surface has been put down which is uncomfortable to walk on and is totally inappropriate.  Then they can be published on website.                                                                                                          GM

·         Matters Arising

GM reported that Taylor Park bridleway will have an official opening on 23rd April and hoped that some riders would attend.

·         Secretary’s Report

Barbara reported that we now had 64 members paid and 612 likes on the Facebook page.  Someone had reported to BB riders in Norden village with a dog running loose.  It was agreed that we couldn’t really do anything about it and hope that the people who see them say something to them.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Norden Agricultural need paying for work done on Taylor Park bridleway and the invoices have been sent to the Council.

·         Website  

126 hits during the month with 9 from USA, 6 Bangladesh, 1 Czech Republic, Denmark, Japan and Russia.


 

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Gwen attended the meeting to give an update on Ashworth Concessionary.  There is a new route marked with orange posts.  Tia from United Utilities will attend the next meeting at the Pack Horse to explain the changes.  A different lock is to be installed on the gate on Ashworth Road and will be changed once per year.  BB to put on Facebook to try to get as many people at the meeting on 25th April as possible.                                    BB

BB reported that she had contacted the council about the gates on Shawfield Stones being impossible to open/close on horseback.  This to be raised at the Rochdale ROW meeting.                                                                                                          BO’C

Castleton Lanes (Racetrack) – BO’C had met with the Rights of Way Officer and will keep following up.  She has walked the track with the landowners and agreed to ask the Council if they will dedicate fp64 between Bw63 and Bolton Road.  There is a stile on RUPP15 where it joins Bw65 so horses cannot access the northern end which runs into Fp144.  We need access through to Bw63.                                                        BO’C

Bw67 has a break in the middle joined by Fp19 and 17.  Can we get the landowner to dedicate Fp144?                                                                                                   BO’C

Bw18 (Overtown Lane).  Someone wants it tarmacked.  A sign marking it as a bridleway need installing before the houses are built.  Raise at ROW meeting                  BO’C

The lock on the bridleway near Billy Lords at Red Lumb needs removing.

The gates at Lea Holme need handles on and the gate near the road is dangerous.  If anyone gets injured they need to sue the Council.

Woodtop – ongoing.  Currently collecting evidence forms.  Bev and Helen have left forms at livery yards in the area.

·         Bury Rights of Way


LT/IP/VJ are going to meet with David Chadwick to discuss the Bury Bridleway Strategy which will hopefully lead to more bridleways in Bury.

Buckhurst – ongoing, no update.

Chicken Farm – clearing out time is imminent so it will be interesting to see what measures are taken by the landowner.

Ainsworth – There was a recent incident where a horse had to jump on to a banking because a lorry came too fast.  Going to try to get Council to put some signs up.  There are 221 horses in quarter of a mile and LT is going to attend a community meeting to make them aware of this.

Ainsworth Riders Facebook Page has 200 Likes.


 

·         Windfarms

Irene attended a Scout Moor Extension pre inquiry meeting and she asked if we were happy for her to represent us as a Committee.  She can’t say it’s all the Association as other members may be in favour of it.  All new Committee Members agreed.  Agreed.

There is a protest walk to Waugh Well on 29th May meet either 9.30 at Waterfoot or 11.00 at Catley Lane Head.

The Public Inquiry is on Tuesday 11th October at Futures Park in Bacup.

·         Social

25th April                –  Members’ Forum – information evening. Evidence Forms
25th June               -  To be arranged.  Suggestions welcome.


HO has arranged for Natalie Fizio an Equine Palates practitioner to come to our July meeting.
                             

·         Any Other Business

Gill confirmed that it was the Harriers Race weekend in Norden on 12th/13th June, which is also Carnival Weekend.

BHS Northern Access Conference is at Scotch Corner on 12th June should anyone wish to attend.  Gill said she had been to one previously and it was very informative.

·         Next Meeting


19th May 2016 at Emma’s



March 2016

posted 23 Nov 2016, 11:07 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 17th March 2016

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Karen Morgan

                        Bev O’Connor

                        Hayley Oliver

                        Irene Pope

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                                               
Apologies:       Helen Moore

                        Joanna Smith


Before the meeting started Irene asked what had happened about Joan/Gwen’s honorary life membership.  BB/GM confirmed that they had their membership cards and Gwen had had a refund.  IP/LT to organise plaques for them.                                                                        IP/LT

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be posted to website after changing 2015 to 2016                                      GM

·         Matters Arising

It was agreed that BO’C, HO and Gwen would go to the next Rochdale Rights of Way meeting, possible one other.

BO’C had spoken to the landowners on Cassy Racetrack and they were willing to do the work if they could get a bit of funding towards fuel and time.  It was agreed to give them up to £300.

GM confirmed that work had started on the bridleway adjacent to Taylor Park.

·         Secretary’s Report

Barbara reported that we now had 57 members paid and 573 likes on the Facebook page.

BB to put something on Facebook from the 25 year leaftlet we had.  IP will put something together.                                                                                                                     IP

·         Treasurer’s Report

GM reported that we were £416.11 up and we had received £510 in membership fees.

·         Website  

No report, GM planning to meeting with Joanna Smith about the website.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Woodtop – ongoing.  Currently collecting evidence.

Gill asked if anyone knew if the tree in Meadowcroft Mills had been cleared.  BB confirmed that it had.

BB reported that she had contacted the council about the gates on Shawfield Stones being impossible to open/close on horseback.  This to be raised at the Rochdale ROW meeting.                                                                                                          BO’C

Windmill shadows – IP reported she had sent pictures to the experts.

·         Bury Rights of Way


Sillingurst Farm – David Chadwick has visited the landowner who has now agreed never to obstruct the bridleway.  Notices have been put up to notify people that it is a working farm.  He has said he will put a gate on the back but he still needs access to his sheds on a daily basis.  IP will monitor.

Buckhurst – ongoing, no update.

IP reported that the next LAF meeting was on 27th April and she was asking for surfaces for public rights of way to be put on the agenda and the Council are not adhering to the policy which is on their website.

Elton Reservoir – a new surface has been put down which is uncomfortable to walk on and totally inappropriate..

Bury Bridleway Strategy.  A meeting is to be held with David Chadwick on 15th April to discuss this.  LT, IP and VJ will attend alongwith with someone from Darwen & Blackburn Bridleways Association and someone from Prestwich & Simister Bridleways Association.

·         Windfarms

Ongoing. IP is attending a meeting on 31st March.

·         Social

March                    – No meeting (Easter)
25th April                –  Members’ Forum – information evening. Evidence Forms


HO has arranged for Natalie Fizio an Equine Palates practioner to come to our July meeting.
                             

·         Any Other Business

BB had a form from the BHS for getting funding.  BO’C took the form to see if we can get anything towards Cassy Racetrack.

·         Next Meeting


14th April 2016 at Emma’s

February 2016

posted 24 Mar 2016, 07:04 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 18th February 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Helen Moore

                        Gill Morrell

                        Heidi Jepson

                        Val Johnston

                        Bev O’Connor

                        Hayley Oliver

                        Irene Pope

                        Joanna Smith

                        Lesley Tierney

                                               
Apologies:       Pat Tough

Irene welcomed all the new committee members to their first meeting.

It was agreed that Lesley should be elected as Vice Chairman for 2016.

                       

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be posted to website.                                                                       GM

·         Matters Arising

BO’C asked what was happening with Taylor Park.  Gill gave an update on the quote obtained and possible ward funding.

·         Secretary’s Report

Barbara reported that we now had 42 members paid and 533 likes on the Facebook page.

A discussion took place about how to communicate with the general horsey population about the work we do behind the scenes.  More pictures and information to be put on the website and Facebook page.

Gill and Joanna to get together to look at the website.                                         JS/GM

Lesley stated that the Ainswoirth Riders Facebook page had 150 likes.

Barbara to email contact details for all committee members to the committee. BB

·         Treasurer’s Report

An additional £335 in memberships had been added to the accounts presented at the AGM. 

·         Website  

No report

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Following Joan & Gwen’s resignations we needed someone to attend the Rochdale Rights of Way meetings, held quarterly at No. 1 Riverside.  Bev agreed to go and Hayley will go with her.  The next meeting is on 19th April at 6.30 pm.                BO’C/HO

Barbara to email Ian Trickett to confirm change of contact.                   BB

Woodtop -
We have got all the documentation back from the Council.  Irene if going to take a look through it but the general feeling was that we should probably start it again.  Bev agreed to do this with help.  Barbara confirmed that there was a procedure for upgrades on the website.

Castle Hill Quarry diversion of bridleway in the 1970’s.  Irene is going to walk along to see if it is worth looking into but some of it had been quarried away.  No diversion/ stopping up order recorded.  Irene to check with David Chadwick to see if it came under Bury.                                                                                                     IP

Bev stated the old racetrack off Castleton Lanes is overgrown and needs clearing.  Gill to get a quote from Norden Agricultural.                                                          GM

Rainshore – if anyone has any comments on the work going on they should be direct to Nigel Morrell.  Gill to contact Gwen as she is keeping her eye on it.     GM

Gill said there was a tree down in Meadowcroft Mills.  It has been reported.

Hayley asked if there was anything that could be done about a farmer feeding his cattle on the bridleways on the moors.  It was suggested that the best course of action would be to report it to the Council (Environment).                                   HO

 

·         Bury Rights of Way


Sillingurst Farm – David Chadwick has written to the landowner but had not yet had a reply, he has 28 days to respond.  Irene stated she only wants a diversion when they were carrying out the dangerous activities. 

Buckhurst – ongoing, no update.

Ainsworth Loop – a claim has been submitted for a path around Elton reservoir.
There is a section not on the definitive map and the old railway line between Bury and Bolton has been suggested as an alternative route by the planning officer, however, the ramblers are not happy about it.

Elton Reservoir – someone has put some stone down for machinery to go up to fix a leak in the reservoir.  This has been reported to David Chadwick.  Irene stated that she was going to get bridleways surfaces put on the agenda of the next LAF meeting so we can find out what the legal position is about re-surfacing.

·         Windfarms


Peel Holdings – Scout Moor extension is going to public enquiry.  Representations had to be submitted by 15th February.  Irene stated that the alternative bridleway had not been confirmed as being legal.   It had been agreed in principle but not sure if it was suitable for horses.

·         Social

29th February        – Miles Greenwood – Equine Pasture Management
March                    – No meeting (Easter)
April                       – Members’ Forum – information evening
                             

It was decided to have meetings bi-monthly for now and see what attendance is like.

·         Any Other Business

Val stated that a farm off Church Lane in Birtle was to be demolished so there would probably be more traffic using the lane.

Gill stated that Jim Gartside had raised concerns about young riders on Edenfield Road with no lights on at dusk/in the dark.  BB to put something on Facebook.     BB

Lesley asked if Joan/Gwen should get honorary life membership.  Everyone agreed that they should. 

·         Next Meeting


17th March 2016 at Emma’s

January 2016

posted 24 Mar 2016, 07:03 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 14th January 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Gwen Mann

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Val Johnston

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                                               
Apologies:       None

                       

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be posted to website.                                                           GM

·         Matters Arising

Taylor Park – Gill has walked with the contractor but not received quote yet.  Possible ward funds available.


Gwen confirmed that if builders at Rainshore want to use the bridleway route they have to put in a planning application.

·         Secretary’s Report

Facebook page has reached 500 “Likes”.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Gill presented the final accounts for review prior to the AGM. 

·         Website  

No report

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Gwen reported that no-one had attended the Rochdale Rights of Way meeting but they had requested an update on outstanding issues, ie. Woodtop, row through castle hill quarry diversion, Rainshore Mill bridleway.

JS meeting with S Pike on 2th January about the current position with Woodtop.  She will report back at the next Committee Meeting.

BB confirmed that the paths reported for possible flood damage funding were Black Dads, Nabbs Wife and Broadley to Prickshaw path.  Mine Street had been reported but had been fixed as the bin wagon couldn’t get up.




·         Bury Rights of Way


IP reported that permission had been refused for a wind turbine facing towards Edenfield.

Sillingurst Farm – no update from David Chadwick, IP will raise at the next LAF.  IP will keep a record of the activities.

Buckhurst – ongoing problems.

Ainsworth Loop – a claim has been submitted for a path around Elton reservoir.
There is a section not on the definitive map and the old railway line between Buryt and Bolton has been suggested as an alternative route by the planning officer.

There has been some flood damage on the motorway bridge approach which has been repaired by the golf club.

·         Windfarms

Coronation Power – Rooley Moor Windfarm is now dead!

Peel Holdings – Scout Moor extension has been called in by Secretary of State.  IP will circulate letter for review which has to be sent in by 15th February.

·         Social

25th January – AGM – Gwen & Joan are resigning. Order sandwiches/chips.
29th February – pasture management. BB has contact.
March – scrap – Easter Weekend
April
May – miss May – bank holiday weekend

·         Any Other Business

IP brought a copy of an article about a path in Waterfoot  where the council wants to tarcmac.  Following a demonstration there is now a temporary suspension of the plan.

·         Next Meeting


18th February 2016

1-10 of 10