September 2015

posted 24 Mar 2016, 07:00 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 24th September 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Gwen Mann

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Val Johnston

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                                               
Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Pat Tough

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be posted to website.                                                           GM

·         Matters Arising

None.

·         Secretary’s Report

Our Facebook page has reached 400 likes.  No further new members.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Balance of £5597.45 in the bank. 

·         Website  

121 hits with 105 new visits.  15 USA, 12 Zurich, 1 Dehli, 1 Russia.  The website is now up to date.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Nothing has been done at Lea Holme or Woodtop.  Will take to the meeting in October.

BB to let Gwen have copy of letter sent to Council about Rainshore building works. BB

As we have money on account with Clive Houghton, Gill M to arrange to get a quote for Taylor Park bridleway.                                                                                          GM

·         Bury Rights of Way


Track at Buckhurst has been given restricted byway status but still to be confirmed.  Residents will probably appeal.

IP experiencing problems in the area.

Lark Mount – no landowners are known for the lane.

Building at Lowes Road, put something on Facebook to make sure people keep riding the track when building starts properly.

·         Windfarms

Coronation Power – appeal on hold.

Peel Holdings – Scout Moor extension.  Irene gave an update on this.

·         Social

28th September – Pat Tough – Team of Three
26th October – Judith Halstead – Equine Touch
30th November – Xmas Meal

·         Any Other Business

Key on Ashworth concessionary had been isolated.  Problem now resolved.

Two riders caught galloping about in Greenbooth concessionary.  Gwen to speak to Tia at United Utilities to put a notice on the gate.

Gill M asked for a volunteer to sit on a Norden Village plan committee.  Gwen volunteered.

Gill M said there was a BHS meeting called “out & about” on 5th October in Cheshire.  Gwen will check her rota to see if she is available.

Nigel Sarbutts has asked if he can advertise his stables on website.  Agreed.

VJ said a sign had gone on the quarry at Birtle for sale… she will keep her eye on it.

·         Next Meeting


To be confirmed.

(22nd October)

Comments