January 2015

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:48 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 15th January 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Emma Dunham

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                       
Apologies:       Gwen Mann
                        Val Johnston

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

BB needs to arrange signs for Black Dads.                                                         BB
Still no reply from Mick Balls, BB to chase.                                                         BB

·         Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report

·         Treasurer’s Report

Gill went through the final accounts to be presented at the AGM.
LT advised of grants available to voluntary groups.  More information if we need to follow up.

·         Website  

108 hits, average 2 minutes, 5 Moscow, 2 Canada, 1 France, 1 Norway and 1 USA.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Joan and Gwen had attended the Norden Forum meeting.  Val White is going to chase up the Bridleway Signs at Lea Holme.  Gill to get Nigel to try to get Mick Balls to attend Norden Forum.

Joan had fixed the gate at Ashworth.  Irene reported that she had seen a plan for a wind turbine next to the gate at Ashworth.  She will forward on to committee.


·         Bury Rights of Way


IP and Lesley had attended the Local Access Forum.  There was a presentation on the West Pennine Moors Path – a route for ramblers.

Chesham Woods to Dickey Birds estate – David Chadwick is going to contact the landowner.

The path behind Lowes Farm has been cleared but is flooded at one end.

The fence on the Birtle side of the motorway bridge has collapsed and is on the floor.  This has been reported.

Irene had an incident with a van speeding on the new tarmac on Croston Close Road.  The driver was very aggressive.  IP has written to Lancashire Council but has had no response to date.

Ainsworth – two lots of evidence forms have been collected.  IP/LT to chase up a few of them.  It is in progress.  IP is meeting David Chadwick next week.

Lesley asked about a route from Fairfield along the river to Roch Valley.  Emma said Roch Valley Park was in the early stage of development but she would see what she could find out.                                                                                                 EM

·         Bury Bridleways Strategy

The Bridleway Strategy map is ¾ finished.

·         Social

February – Marnie Holt, show producer, schools and sells equestrian items.  She will bring some items with her and people can order on the night.

·         Any Other Business

The locks on the concessionary routes need to be changed this year.  A discussion took place about how to deal with people breaking the rules.  BB to forward the letter sent to a member to the other committee members.                               BB
Joan to get Gwen to dig out the original agreement with United Utilities to the AGM. JS

Joan said that Gwen wanted to resign as Chairman but would carry on if no-one else wanted to do it.

Windfarm – Irene updated us on the status of the windfarm plans.  She is meeting with the Prickshaw group next week.  Lesley knows someone who trained police horses and says she may be an expert witness for a donation to some animal charity.



Next Meeting – 12th February at 8.00 pm at Gill’s.

.
Apologies from Emma.
Comments