February 2015

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:50 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association   [ updated 24 Mar 2016, 06:53 ]

Committee Meeting – 12th February 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Gill Morrell

                        Val Johnston

                        Irene Pope

                        Lucy Rylands

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                       

                       
Apologies:       Gwen Mann
                        Emma Metcalfe

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

BB read reply from Mick Balls regarding sign for Lea Holme.  A Restricted Byway sign should be installed in the next couple of weeks.

LT will ask Gill Ridings for a letter to give to Mick Balls to hand over Roods Lane to us.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that so far we had 40 members, 11 Bury, 28 Rochdale and 1 Castleton, included 9 family memberships.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Gill stated that she had another £410 in memberships and £45 to take off for sandwiches at the AGM.  BB thought membership was £430 so would check for additional monies at home.                                                                              BB.

·         Website  

No report.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

No-one was available to go to the Rochdale ROW meeting , but Joan and Gwen would go to the next Norden Forum meeting.  Gill to ask Nigel to ask Mick Balls to attend.

BB reported that a “footpath” sign had gone up on the bridleway opposite Springbank Lane off Norden Road.  Has notified the Council through the website.


·         Bury Rights of Way


Ainsworth/Elton Loop – need more evidence forms for claim put in by Gordon at Horse bits.  IP is trying to get custody of the claim.  Next bit nearly ready for submission.  BB to try to link ainsworth Riders to our Facebook page.                                             BB

Buckhurst – landowners had received more notification letters about the upgrade.

PT reported that shail had been dumped on the bridleway up to the quarry near the Fisherman’s Retreat.

Gincroft Lane – BOAT upgrade – IP reported that the windfarm people were getting a bit twitchy about this.

 

Slippy Tarmac at Buckhurst – IP to find out who the councillors area and make contact

  IP

·         Social

February – Marnie Holt, show producer, schools and sells equestrian items.  She will bring some items with her and people can order on the night.

March – Forum meeting

Pat will do the raffle.

LR suggested getting Peter Fenton to do a talk about something.  BB to ask for suggestions, something different to worming and laminitis.                          BB

·       Any Other Business

Gwen has ordered 8 new padlocks and 40 keys, total spend £214 including VAT

Joan showed a sample keyring for concessionary keys.  Everyone agreed wwe should get some.                                                                                                         JS

Windfarm – IP said that objections to the 8 turbine plan need to be submitted by 5th March.  LT to speak to the possible expert witness that she knows.              LT

BB asked if we could get a quote for the bridleway up the side of the golf course which is overgrown now that there is no way to get through Taylor Park.  JS to get Rob Naylor to quote.                                                                                              JS

LR reported that the gate near Fisherfield Farm Nursery is hanging off.  LR and BB will contact the Council about this.                                                             LR/BB

Suggestions for this year, arrange some rides, preferable with trailer parking.  Print some more ride route leaflets and include on website.

BB to draft a letter to the member who had had their membership suspended.  BB

·         Next Meeting


26th March 2015 - .8.00 pm at Emma’s.



Next Meeting – 12th February at 8.00 pm at Gill’s.

.
Apologies from Emma.

Comments