Constitution‎ > ‎Committee Meetings‎ > ‎

2015 Committee Meetings


October 2015

posted 24 Mar 2016, 07:01 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 22nd October 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Val Johnston

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                                               
Apologies:       Gwen Mann

                       

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be posted to website.                                                           GM

·         Matters Arising

None.

·         Secretary’s Report

3 New members – 63 in total.
Facebook page has 350 “Likes.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Balance of £5597.45 in the bank, plus the new membership fees above. 

·         Website  

No report

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

GM and JS went to ROW meeting.
Nothing done on the ramblers path survey.
No response to our queries, GM been to see Jim Gartside about Rainshore and the ROW officer has been up to look.  The cabin has now been moved.
Key problem at Ashworth has been resolved.

As we have money on account with Clive Houghton, Gill M to arrange to get a quote for Taylor Park bridleway.                                                                                          GM

·         Bury Rights of Way


IP has spoken to Robin Carr, there are no laws about higher rights.
Buckhurst – notices had gone up at either end on 21st August notice up at Nangreaves end but nothing at the other end.  IP has taken photos of notices and where they had been removed.  Ongoing.
IP and LT attended Local Access Forum, bridleway strategy has been handed in.
Ainsworth Loop – Chris Wilkinson has suggested a route at side of old railway.  We are getting lots of help from Bury Council.
Kingfisher Trail has fallen into disrepair but being renovated.  It is going along Irwell Valley to Jumbles.
Sillinghurst Farm – IP going to ask for permission to go round the buildings when activities are taking place.  IP will contact David Chadwick to approach the landowner.

·         Windfarms

Coronation Power – appeal on hold until end October.

Peel Holdings – Scout Moor extension.  Irene gave an update on this.  May be called in by Secretary of State.

New wind turbine at Gatehouse Farm, write to remind contractors that it is a bridleway and to be aware of horses.

·         Social

26th October – Judith Halstead – Equine Touch
30th November – Xmas Meal
25th January – AGM
29th February – pasture management
March – scrap – Easter Weekend
April
May – miss May – bank holiday weekend

·         Any Other Business

Gill thought the discussion which took place at the last meeting at the Pack Horse about the windfarm should have been conducted at a committee meeting and not in front of all the members.  Everyone  agreed.

·         Next Meeting


to be arranged in January.

September 2015

posted 24 Mar 2016, 07:00 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 24th September 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Gwen Mann

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Val Johnston

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                                               
Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Pat Tough

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be posted to website.                                                           GM

·         Matters Arising

None.

·         Secretary’s Report

Our Facebook page has reached 400 likes.  No further new members.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Balance of £5597.45 in the bank. 

·         Website  

121 hits with 105 new visits.  15 USA, 12 Zurich, 1 Dehli, 1 Russia.  The website is now up to date.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Nothing has been done at Lea Holme or Woodtop.  Will take to the meeting in October.

BB to let Gwen have copy of letter sent to Council about Rainshore building works. BB

As we have money on account with Clive Houghton, Gill M to arrange to get a quote for Taylor Park bridleway.                                                                                          GM

·         Bury Rights of Way


Track at Buckhurst has been given restricted byway status but still to be confirmed.  Residents will probably appeal.

IP experiencing problems in the area.

Lark Mount – no landowners are known for the lane.

Building at Lowes Road, put something on Facebook to make sure people keep riding the track when building starts properly.

·         Windfarms

Coronation Power – appeal on hold.

Peel Holdings – Scout Moor extension.  Irene gave an update on this.

·         Social

28th September – Pat Tough – Team of Three
26th October – Judith Halstead – Equine Touch
30th November – Xmas Meal

·         Any Other Business

Key on Ashworth concessionary had been isolated.  Problem now resolved.

Two riders caught galloping about in Greenbooth concessionary.  Gwen to speak to Tia at United Utilities to put a notice on the gate.

Gill M asked for a volunteer to sit on a Norden Village plan committee.  Gwen volunteered.

Gill M said there was a BHS meeting called “out & about” on 5th October in Cheshire.  Gwen will check her rota to see if she is available.

Nigel Sarbutts has asked if he can advertise his stables on website.  Agreed.

VJ said a sign had gone on the quarry at Birtle for sale… she will keep her eye on it.

·         Next Meeting


To be confirmed.

(22nd October)

July 2015

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:59 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 23rd July 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Gwen Mann

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Val Johnston

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                       

                                               
Apologies:       Gill Morrell

                        Pat Tough

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be posted to website.                                                           GM

·         Matters Arising

Change date on minutes to read 23rd April

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that so far we had 58 members.  Our Facebook page has reached 301 likes.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report.

·         Website  

No report.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

The gates at Lea Holme have been reported, they need handles putting on.

There is a new structure at Rochdale ROW with 4 new enforcement officers.  There is a budget of £40k to cover legal costs and £100k for improvements and repairs.

Building has started at Rainshore and the builders have been using the bridleway for access to the site.  Planning reference is 15/00397/FUL.  BB to write to case officer and report that builders are using this path instead of through the old mill site.

·         Bury Rights of Way


There is a problem at Chesham Park with access to a new housing development crossing the bridleway.  A decision to be made on 28th July.  IP had sent a letter to make them aware of the bridleway.  Maps have been put up in livery yards in Birtle.

Bury bridleways strategy has been passed to someone in Simister to mark that area. 

IP had experienced problems in the Buckhurst area with speeding vehicles.  Needs to log with the police.

·         Windfarms

Coronation Power are going to appeal but don’t know when it will go in.  There is a plan to make a 2 meter wide path separated from the road by a 1.2 metre high fence).  Examples of how to behave around horses had been quoted in letter sent.  IP asked if we would be prepared to pay Robin Carr for his help and advice.  Agreed.

Peel Holdings – Scout Moor extension.  No objection as it does not affect our routes.  An alternative bridleway is being provided.

·         Social

27th July
24th August – captions competition
28th September – Pat Tough – Team of Three
26th October – Judith Halstead – Equine Touch
30th November – Xmas Meal

·         Any Other Business

Report to council about bridleway at the side of Taylor Park – needs clearing properly.  Bridleway Roc9a

Rupp at Red Lumb with locked gate which shouldn’t be locked.

·         Next Meeting


To be confirmed.

(24th September 2015)

May 2015

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:58 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 26th May 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Val Johnston

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                       

                                               
Apologies:       Gwen Mann

                        Gill Morrell

                        Pat Tough

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be posted to website.                                                           GM

·         Matters Arising

BB to contact Council about bridleway sign near bird sanctuary.
IP had not received any reply from Councillor at Edenfield
Woodtop claim is in a mess.  We will probably have to start again.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that so far we had 57 members.  Our Facebook page has reached 257 likes.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report.

·         Website  

No report.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

The Rochdale ROW meeting was on 15th April.  Gwen/Joan couldn’t attend.
IP has got another name for Rochdale Rights of Way and will email it to Gwen.

Bury Rights of Way


Ainsworth/Elton Loop – There are some houses being built between the railway lines and a recreational route around the edge has been approved.  IP to write to the head of planning to make sure that horses are included.

There are big plans in the pipeline for Burrs Country Park, IP to try and tag on to it and get a route through the park and possibly an arena.

Bury Bridleways Strategy – wishlist has been drawn up needs completing for Simister area.

Dickey Bird Estate – David Chadwick is going to contact the landowner.

Paths in Bury being checked by ramblers later this year.  (Already done in Rochdale).


·         Windfarms

Coronation Power – no decision to be made until after the election
Peel – objections need to be in by 29th April, not on Rossendale website yet.  IP stated we had no objection if the proposed route is going to be open for the 25 year duration of the windfarm.

·         Social

It was agreed to cancel the April and May meetings.

29th June – Peter Fenton – Modern Dental Techniques.  Needs to go on website.   GM

·         Any Other Business

JS still to get a quote for the bridleway up the side of the golf course which is overgrown now that there is no way to get through Taylor Park.  JS

Motorbike show at Pack Horse on Sunday.. notice on Facebook to warn riders..

It was agreed to contribute to improve the surface of the bridleway behind Joan’s.

Gill

·         Next Meeting


18th June 2015 - .8.00 pm – venue to be confirmed.



Next Meeting – 12th February at 8.00 pm at Gill’s.

.
Apologies from Emma.

April 2015

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:52 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association   [ updated 24 Mar 2016, 06:56 ]

Committee Meeting – 23rd April 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Val Johnston

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                       

                                               
Apologies:       Gwen Mann

                        Gill Morrell

                        Pat Tough

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

Minutes can be posted to website.                                                           GM

·         Matters Arising

BB to contact Council about bridleway sign near bird sanctuary.
IP had not received any reply from Councillor at Edenfield
Woodtop claim is in a mess.  We will probably have to start again.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that so far we had 57 members.  Our Facebook page has reached 257 likes.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report.

·         Website  

No report.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

The Rochdale ROW meeting was on 15th April.  Gwen/Joan couldn’t attend.
IP has got another name for Rochdale Rights of Way and will email it to Gwen.

Bury Rights of Way


Ainsworth/Elton Loop – There are some houses being built between the railway lines and a recreational route around the edge has been approved.  IP to write to the head of planning to make sure that horses are included.

There are big plans in the pipeline for Burrs Country Park, IP to try and tag on to it and get a route through the park and possibly an arena.

Bury Bridleways Strategy – wishlist has been drawn up needs completing for Simister area.

Dickey Bird Estate – David Chadwick is going to contact the landowner.

Paths in Bury being checked by ramblers later this year.  (Already done in Rochdale).


·         Windfarms

Coronation Power – no decision to be made until after the election
Peel – objections need to be in by 29th April, not on Rossendale website yet.  IP stated we had no objection if the proposed route is going to be open for the 25 year duration of the windfarm.

·         Social

It was agreed to cancel the April and May meetings.

29th June – Peter Fenton – Modern Dental Techniques.  Needs to go on website.   GM

·         Any Other Business

JS still to get a quote for the bridleway up the side of the golf course which is overgrown now that there is no way to get through Taylor Park.  JS

Motorbike show at Pack Horse on Sunday.. notice on Facebook to warn riders..

It was agreed to contribute to improve the surface of the bridleway behind Joan’s.

Gill

·         Next Meeting


18th June 2015 - .8.00 pm – venue to be confirmed.



Next Meeting – 12th February at 8.00 pm at Gill’s.

.
Apologies from Emma.

March 2015

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:50 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 26th March 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Gwen Mann

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Val Johnston

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                                               
Apologies:       Lucy Rylands

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting needs Fordon changing to Gordon.  Can then be posted to website.

·         Matters Arising

IP had emailed councillor for Edenfield but had not received a response.

There is no bridleway sign pointing the way to the Tea Gardens at the bird sanctuary end.  BB to contact council through their website.                                BB

Horse handle has now been fitted to the gate at Dairyhouse Farm.

Gwen has got a letter from Gill Ridings handing over ownership of the upgrade of Roods Lane.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that so far we had 50 members.  Our Facebook page has reached 250 likes.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Gill had received a bill for £286,40 for the work carried out at Rough Lea.  Recent expenditure on keys, keyrings and signs.  We have £5,500 in the bank.

·         Website  

120 hits each hit spending 2 minutes on average.  4 USA, 2 Poland, 1 Brazil, 1 Canada, 1 China, 1 Indonesia, 1 New Zealand and 1 Russia.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Next Rochdale ROW meeting is in April.  Gwen/Joan couldn’t attend the recent Norden forum.  Nigel M to arrange a litter pick.

IP has got another name for Rochdale Rights of Way and will email it to Gwen.

The footpath sign at Broadhalgh has now been changed to Bridleway sign.


·         Bury Rights of Way


Ainsworth/Elton Loop – Ongoing.

Buckhurst – two claims have gone in, past the school and through farm up to Nangreaves.  These have been agreed at a meeting on 8th January.  Notices need to be posted for six weeks to allow for objections and then it will probably go to a public inquiry.  IP has tried to contact one of the landowners but he won’t speak to her. 

More “No horses” signs have gone up.

The second claim is Gindles Lane and across to Croston Close Road.  The owners for part of it are unknown.  There are two mistakes in the letters sent from the council.  IP will ask Chris Peat if they have been followed up.                              IP

IP wants to get some evidence collected for the lane near her in case there is a problem in the future.

·         Winfarms

Coronation Power – no decision to be made until after the election.  IP attending a meeting tomorrow.

Peel Planning has gone in in the last two weeks.  IP only worried about two turbines.

Social

March – Forum meeting

April – possibly side-saddle – Gill Morrell to follow up or PT will do a talk on Team of 3.  Will go to Irene’s to see if her pictures will work on screen.

Cancel May meeting.

·         Any Other Business

JS still to get a quote for the bridleway up the side of the golf course which is overgrown now that there is no way to get through Taylor Park.  JS

Gwen reported she is still waiting to see some members insurance.

Gill Morrell reported a blockage at  Caldershaw

Arrange RBBA litter pick when the weather gets better.

BB to email all members to remind them to bring their insurance documents before they can go through concessionary routes.

Gill has given signs to Dr Tudor.

·         Next Meeting


23rd April 2015 - .8.00 pm at Emma’s.



Next Meeting – 12th February at 8.00 pm at Gill’s.

.
Apologies from Emma.

February 2015

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:50 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association   [ updated 24 Mar 2016, 06:53 ]

Committee Meeting – 12th February 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Gill Morrell

                        Val Johnston

                        Irene Pope

                        Lucy Rylands

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                        Pat Tough

                       

                       
Apologies:       Gwen Mann
                        Emma Metcalfe

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

BB read reply from Mick Balls regarding sign for Lea Holme.  A Restricted Byway sign should be installed in the next couple of weeks.

LT will ask Gill Ridings for a letter to give to Mick Balls to hand over Roods Lane to us.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that so far we had 40 members, 11 Bury, 28 Rochdale and 1 Castleton, included 9 family memberships.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Gill stated that she had another £410 in memberships and £45 to take off for sandwiches at the AGM.  BB thought membership was £430 so would check for additional monies at home.                                                                              BB.

·         Website  

No report.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

No-one was available to go to the Rochdale ROW meeting , but Joan and Gwen would go to the next Norden Forum meeting.  Gill to ask Nigel to ask Mick Balls to attend.

BB reported that a “footpath” sign had gone up on the bridleway opposite Springbank Lane off Norden Road.  Has notified the Council through the website.


·         Bury Rights of Way


Ainsworth/Elton Loop – need more evidence forms for claim put in by Gordon at Horse bits.  IP is trying to get custody of the claim.  Next bit nearly ready for submission.  BB to try to link ainsworth Riders to our Facebook page.                                             BB

Buckhurst – landowners had received more notification letters about the upgrade.

PT reported that shail had been dumped on the bridleway up to the quarry near the Fisherman’s Retreat.

Gincroft Lane – BOAT upgrade – IP reported that the windfarm people were getting a bit twitchy about this.

 

Slippy Tarmac at Buckhurst – IP to find out who the councillors area and make contact

  IP

·         Social

February – Marnie Holt, show producer, schools and sells equestrian items.  She will bring some items with her and people can order on the night.

March – Forum meeting

Pat will do the raffle.

LR suggested getting Peter Fenton to do a talk about something.  BB to ask for suggestions, something different to worming and laminitis.                          BB

·       Any Other Business

Gwen has ordered 8 new padlocks and 40 keys, total spend £214 including VAT

Joan showed a sample keyring for concessionary keys.  Everyone agreed wwe should get some.                                                                                                         JS

Windfarm – IP said that objections to the 8 turbine plan need to be submitted by 5th March.  LT to speak to the possible expert witness that she knows.              LT

BB asked if we could get a quote for the bridleway up the side of the golf course which is overgrown now that there is no way to get through Taylor Park.  JS to get Rob Naylor to quote.                                                                                              JS

LR reported that the gate near Fisherfield Farm Nursery is hanging off.  LR and BB will contact the Council about this.                                                             LR/BB

Suggestions for this year, arrange some rides, preferable with trailer parking.  Print some more ride route leaflets and include on website.

BB to draft a letter to the member who had had their membership suspended.  BB

·         Next Meeting


26th March 2015 - .8.00 pm at Emma’s.



Next Meeting – 12th February at 8.00 pm at Gill’s.

.
Apologies from Emma.

January 2015

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:48 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 15th January 2015

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Emma Dunham

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                       
Apologies:       Gwen Mann
                        Val Johnston

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

BB needs to arrange signs for Black Dads.                                                         BB
Still no reply from Mick Balls, BB to chase.                                                         BB

·         Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report

·         Treasurer’s Report

Gill went through the final accounts to be presented at the AGM.
LT advised of grants available to voluntary groups.  More information if we need to follow up.

·         Website  

108 hits, average 2 minutes, 5 Moscow, 2 Canada, 1 France, 1 Norway and 1 USA.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Joan and Gwen had attended the Norden Forum meeting.  Val White is going to chase up the Bridleway Signs at Lea Holme.  Gill to get Nigel to try to get Mick Balls to attend Norden Forum.

Joan had fixed the gate at Ashworth.  Irene reported that she had seen a plan for a wind turbine next to the gate at Ashworth.  She will forward on to committee.


·         Bury Rights of Way


IP and Lesley had attended the Local Access Forum.  There was a presentation on the West Pennine Moors Path – a route for ramblers.

Chesham Woods to Dickey Birds estate – David Chadwick is going to contact the landowner.

The path behind Lowes Farm has been cleared but is flooded at one end.

The fence on the Birtle side of the motorway bridge has collapsed and is on the floor.  This has been reported.

Irene had an incident with a van speeding on the new tarmac on Croston Close Road.  The driver was very aggressive.  IP has written to Lancashire Council but has had no response to date.

Ainsworth – two lots of evidence forms have been collected.  IP/LT to chase up a few of them.  It is in progress.  IP is meeting David Chadwick next week.

Lesley asked about a route from Fairfield along the river to Roch Valley.  Emma said Roch Valley Park was in the early stage of development but she would see what she could find out.                                                                                                 EM

·         Bury Bridleways Strategy

The Bridleway Strategy map is ¾ finished.

·         Social

February – Marnie Holt, show producer, schools and sells equestrian items.  She will bring some items with her and people can order on the night.

·         Any Other Business

The locks on the concessionary routes need to be changed this year.  A discussion took place about how to deal with people breaking the rules.  BB to forward the letter sent to a member to the other committee members.                               BB
Joan to get Gwen to dig out the original agreement with United Utilities to the AGM. JS

Joan said that Gwen wanted to resign as Chairman but would carry on if no-one else wanted to do it.

Windfarm – Irene updated us on the status of the windfarm plans.  She is meeting with the Prickshaw group next week.  Lesley knows someone who trained police horses and says she may be an expert witness for a donation to some animal charity.



Next Meeting – 12th February at 8.00 pm at Gill’s.

.
Apologies from Emma.

1-8 of 8