September 2014

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:43 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting –  25th September 2014

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon
                        Lesley Tierney

                                               

Apologies:       Gwen Mann

June Timperley

                        Margaret Varley

Barbara advised the Committee that June and Margaret were resigning from the committee for next year.
                       

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

Gwen had spoken to John Oliver on the telephone – remove the point from future minutes.

It was agreed to invite Vicky Oliver to speak at the October meeting – Equissage.

·         Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.

·         Treasurer’s Report

The Council have agreed to release the full amount of £2,062 for the bridleway improvements carried out earlier this year but need a further invoice for £47.50.  Gill advised that some gate latches had been ordered totalling £47.50.  BB to forward email containing the pictures to Joan.                                                                 BB

It was agreed that Gill should ask Clive Haughton to get some stone to put on the wet parts of Emma’s path.  Contact Joan when he’s doing the work so that it goes in the right place.

·         Website  

99 hits, including international from Canada, California, Missouri Mexico.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Next Rights of Way meeting next Tuesday, 30th September. JS and GM are attending.  Things to raise are gates at Shawfield Stones, Bridleway sign pointing to Lea Holme and an update on Woodtop.  BB to email Mick Balls and copy in Jim Gartside.


·         Bury Rights of Way


No update on Ainsworth.  IP had spoken to Graham Smith who hasn’t had many evidence forms.  May pick up over the winter period.

Bury Bridleway Strategy – next meeting 1st October.  LT has a copy of the definitive map and has marked some routes on it.

Dunham – gate near Castle Hill Road.  IP had found a long handle for £6, the landowner is going to fit it.

Buckhurst – no update.

 

·         Social

September – open forum.

October – Gill to speak to Vicky Oliver about a talk on Equissage.

November – It was agreed to have a meal.  People to book and pay on the night.  Minimal organisation.

·         Any Other Business

Windfarm
– IP read through the objection letter that her and Joan have put together.  Individuals also need to write in.


Next Meeting – 16th October at Emma’s.
Comments