October 2014

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:45 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting –  16th October 2014

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gwen Mann

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                       

                                               

Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                       

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

Gill has got 4 gate catches to give to farmers on any difficult gates.  First one to be given for the gate at the end of Dairy House Farm’s lane.

·         Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Nothing to report due to illness.

·         Website  

No report due to illness.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Gwen had attended the Rights of Way meeting.  Someone had already reported the gates at Shawfield Stones.  BB to email Mick Balls about Woodtop and signs for Lea Holme.  Councillor Sullivan asked about two bridleways at the meeting, one behind the cricket club and the other across fields to Jowkin Lane.

·         Bury Rights of Way


Irene had attended the LAF (Local Access Forum).  Elton Reservoir bridleway 111 now has new gates instead of stiles.  She is going to try for grants to improve the surface, this would be part of the Ainsworth Loop.

The path from the Dickey Bird Estate to Chesham Park has now been cleared.  The Council will get in touch with the owner who has recently opened a livery yard so may be amenable.

Gordon from Horse Bits has submitted evidence for Ainsworth Hall Road.  No progress as yet.

·         Bury Bridleways Strategy

Irene stated that Lesley had pencilled in paths for the Ainsworth area and given the maps to someone else for the Tottington and Pilsworth areas which will all be copied onto the main map.  There is a need to review the Definitive Map, IP offered to help.

·         Social

October – No speaker available.  Chat evening.

November – It was agreed to have a meal.  Suggested pass the parcel, call my bluff, re-write the 12 Days of Christmas, Pin the Tail on the Donkey.  Raffle.

·         Any Other Business

Windfarm
– EM said there was a meeting for commoners on 22nd October at The Riverside in Whitworth.  Peel Holdings plans are changing.

Gill is meeting with Dr Tudor at Black Dad’s on 30th October.


Next Meeting – 20th October at Emma’s.
Comments