November 2014

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:46 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting –  20th November 2014

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                       
Apologies:       Gwen Mann

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

Barbara had emailed Mick Balls but no reply todate.

Gill had had a meeting with Dr Tudor at Black Dad’s Farm.  The path from the gate has now been widened.  We need to get two signs to keep to the path and only ride in walk on the grass verge if your horse is slipping.                                               BB

·         Secretary’s Report

Barbara reported that we now had over 200 likes on our Facebook page.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Gill reported that we had received £2,062.52 from the Council for the recent bridleway improvements.

·         Website  

138 hits, 133 UK, 2 Netherlands, 1 Hungary, 1 Phillipines and 1 USA.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Joan had received a call that the key had been removed from Ashworth Concessionary, it has now been put back on.  JS will sort out another chain.  Joan had met Clive Houghton at Emma’s and discussed where to put the stone down and will sort out the drainage.  The cost will be £400-£500.


·         Bury Rights of Way


Lesley has set up a Facebook page for Ainsworth Riders.  It was proposed to arrange a meeting in Ainsworth in the new year.

LT reported that she had recently ridden down a path which was overgrown and had household items dumped on it.  She was going to investigate to see if we could get young offenders or Groundwork to do some clearing up on it.  Emma stated that Rochdale & Bury Groundwork had merged.

·         Bury Bridleways Strategy

Lesley had pencilled in paths for the Ainsworth area and given the maps to someone else for the Tottington and Pilsworth areas which will all be copied onto the main map.  Nothing back yet.

·         Social

Monday – Gwen to get flowers for Carol at the Pack Horse.  Any raffle prizes would be welcome.

It was agreed to have less speakers in 2015 and possible arrange some rides which could be advertised on Facebook and website.

·         Any Other Business

Bury – LAF
– Irene had walked Ainsworth Hall Road with David Chadwick on 5th November to show him the upgrade which we want.  Graham Smith had collected evidence for Brinks lane.  This is progressing.

New Contact at Rochdale – Irene gave details of a new Corporate Enforcement Officer at Rochdale Council.  Terry.whittaker@rochdale.gov.uk and his telephone number is 01706 922092.

Windfarm – Irene thanked everyone for their help with the survey and economics report.  Both have been sent to the Planning Department and all Councillors.

They are now looking into an alternative bridleway.  No decision will be taken until after Christmas.

Taylor Park – Gill reported that as part of next year’s Township in Bloom Taylor Park had had a lot of work done and someone had spoken to Nigel about concerns about horses using the new paths.  Gill to set up a meeting to discuss improvements to the existing bridleway which is impassable so that riders wouldn’t have to use Taylor Park.

  GM


Next Meeting – Mid-January, to be arranged.
Comments