May 2014

posted 23 Jul 2014, 12:30 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association   [ updated 23 Jul 2014, 12:31 ]

Committee Meeting – 15th May 2014

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Gwen Mann

                        Emma Metcalfe
                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                       

                       

Apologies:       Val Johnson

June Timperley
            Margaret Varley

                       

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

None.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we now had 82 members and the Facebook Group and Page were attracting more people weekly.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Contractors had been paid, needs some stone putting down on Emma’s track.  No formal report due to broken pc..

·         Website  

No report due to broken PC.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Rochdale have found their Definitive Map.

Gate at Shawfield Stones is very difficult to open.

John Oliver wants the path behind Norden Library upgrading.  GM to invite him to next meeting.                                                                                                  GMorrell

Windfarm – no progress.  Planning application not yet submitted.  Protest meeting 10.30 am at cattle grid on Rooley Moor Road on Sunday, 25th May.

Woodtop – Gwen has left message for GR and asked if she would contact JS or GM to have a meeting.  Gwen has sent her maps direct to the council.

BB to contact GR by Facebook to see if everyone who needed a new map has been given one.


·         Bury Rights of Way


No update on Buckhurst and no further notices have been put up.  Waiting for Chris Peat to speak to the legal department.

Ainsworth Loop - Gordon from Horse Bits has put in a claim for Ainsworth Hall Road last week.  Graham Smith has given evidence forms out and someone else has 15 on the go.

Dunham – Mrs Tyrer has spoken to Irene about a problem with motor bikes.  Lancashire Council signs are being put up.  It was agreed to fund a different fastener for small gate at the end of the lane, a place in Burnley have some.

The path at Lowes Farm is in a really bad condition due to dumped soil – IP has reported to Bury Council.

·         Social

Gwen has spoken to Dee – she will do a talk on western riding – check out if she can do 28th October.                                                                                        Gwen

Gwen has bought some raffle tickets.

Speaker for next meeting needs a projector and laptop – IP will bring one.        IP

June – Alpenhorn, we should have a collection for air ambulance or mountain rescue.


·         Any Other Business

IP asked if we were doing anything during the summer.  A ride was suggested.  BB will try to put a treasure hunt together.

Gwen asked who the owner of Dr Dam was – no-one knows.


Next Meeting – 26thJune 2014 – at Emma’s (Rough Lea Farm)