June 2014

posted 14 Aug 2014, 11:17 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association   [ updated 24 Mar 2016, 06:40 ]

Committee Meeting –  23rd June 2014

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Emma Metcalfe
                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                        June Timperley

                        Margaret Varley

                       

                       

Apologies:       Gill Morrell

                       

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

BB tried to contact Gill Ridings about Woodtop, no response.
Gill M to invite John Oliver to a meeting re upgrade of footpath in Norden..

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we now had 85 members and the Facebook Group and Page were attracting more people weekly.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report due to Treasurer being unable to attend meeting...

·         Website  

No report due to Treasurer being unable to attend meeting.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

ROW meeting 24th June at 6.00 pm.
Gates at Shawfield Stones – Gwen to take to ROW meeting.                            GM
Houses being built near St. Annes Academy.  Gwen to take to ROW meeting. GM

Windfarm – no planning application submitted yet.  Lots of people turned up for the demonstration.

Woodtop – GM to ring Gill Ridings/Mick Balls for update.                                   GM

Emma stated that they had had lots of motorbikes going past on their lane so be aware when riding up there.



·         Bury Rights of Way


Notices at Buckhurst had been posted for a 2nd time.  48 hours later they had all disappeared again.

Ainsworth Loop – LEF meeting on 25th June.  No update.

Dunham – “No Motorbike” notices have been put up.

Lowes Farm – Houses to be built on old landfill site next to bridleways.  David Chadwick had visited and will try to schedule some work to clear the bridleway by scraping mud and cutting back.  He can’t do anything about the drainage.

IP suggested sending a letter.  IP to draft and send to BB for distribution to the Committee.                                                                                               IP

IP had an agenda for the Bury Local Access Forum, point 5 is “ROW Improvement Plan Bury Bridleways Strategy” awaiting update on what this is.

·         Social

June – Helen Grundy - Alpenhorn, we should have a collection for air ambulance or mountain rescue.

28th July – Fire Service

18th August  - Lesley to see if Pastures New can do a talk.                                 LT

September – open forum.

October – Gwen to talk to Dee to see if she is available for Western talk.          GM

November – Party night.

·         Any Other Business

Gwen raised an issue with a member taking a non-member through Greenbooth Concessionary and none of them wearing any hi viz.  Gill M to put on website that anyone infringing the rules in this way will not have their key renewed when the locks are changed.  BB to draft a letter and put something on Facebook.        G Morrell/BB

Suggested date for committee ride – 10th August – Cowm, weather permitting.

Next Meeting – 17th July 2014 – at Gill Morrell’s.

Comments