July 2014

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:38 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting –  23rd June 2014

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                                               

                        Chris Peat, Cosi Towneley + 2

 

Apologies:       Emma Metcalfe, Lesley Tierney, Margaret Varley, June Timperley

Prior to the Committee Meeting, a discussion took place with FORBA members, about the extension to Scout Moor and the actions we could take regarding it.  Chris Peat will issue the actions agreed.

                       

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

C/F Gill M to invite John Oliver to a meeting re upgrade of footpath in Norden..
BB confirmed that Lesley had booked Pastures New for August meeting.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we no further members during the month but new people joining the Facebook Group all the time.

BB passed the feedback form for Rochdale Council to GM to complete the financial section and attach the invoices.                                                                            GM

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report due to Treasurer being very busy during the month.

·         Website  

No report due to Treasurer being very busy during the month.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

ROW meeting 24th June at 6.00 pm.  No-one attended.  Points to carry forward to next meeting:
Gates at Shawfield Stones – Gwen to take to ROW meeting.                            GM
Houses being built near St. Annes Academy.  Gwen to take to ROW meeting. GM

Windfarm – see above.

Woodtop – GM had left message for Mick Balls.  No response                          GM



·         Bury Rights of Way


Buckhurst – map not accompanied by field book, CP is trying to obtain this.  This has delayed the upgrade process.

Ainsworth Loop – No evidence forms received.

Lowes Farm – The planning application for new houses has been withdrawn, David Chadwick thinks it will be re-submitted.

IP attended Bury LEF meeting.  Bury want a map of “wants” to link up bridleways for the Improvement Plan.

·         Social

IP suggested trying to organise a trip to see the Spanish riding School in Scheffield at the end of October to 2nd November, ticket prices are £22-£66.  Will be raised at the meeting on 28th July to see if anyone is interested.

18th August  - Pastures New.                                                       

September – open forum.

October – Gwen to talk to Dee to see if she is available for Western talk.          GM

November – Party night.

·         Any Other Business

Gwen had received a phone call from Bev O’Connor about the position of the Tiger Trap at the end of Joy Street next to Healey Hotel.  GM to raise with Mick Balls.

Windfarm – It was agreed that our group should go down the objection route, and it was suggested a letter or email be sent to our MP’s and Councillors.

Two bridleway gates have been ordered to go into bridleway 110/111 at Elton Reservoir.

Path at Chesham Wood/Dicky Bird Estate – landowner has no objection so this is going ahead.

Suggested date for committee ride – 10th August – Cowm, weather permitting.

Next Meeting – 14th July 2014 – at Emma’s (to be confirmed).
Comments