January 2014

posted 15 Feb 2014, 01:03 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association   [ updated 15 Feb 2014, 01:03 ]

Committee Meeting – 16th January 2014

 

Present:           Barbara Brown
                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee
                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

                        Joan Snowdon

                        June Timperley

                        Margaret Varley

 

Apologies:       Emma Metcalfe

                       

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

None

·         Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.  Facebook page is getting very popular and has 113 members.  We have 12 paid up members to date.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Gill went through the accounts.  We had received a donation of £1,100 from Birtle Bridleways which is no longer in existence.  The money will be put aside for work in the Birtle area.  G. Morrell to send a letter of acknowledgement.                                   GM

GM to check the amount we paid to Lancashire for Dunham.                            GM

·         Website  

109 hits in the last month average 2.5 pages per visit.  International visits from Vietnam, Kuala Lumper, Ghana, France and 3 from USA.  The website fees have been paid.

·         Social

Emma is checking to see if the fire brigade can do a demonstration of rescuing large animals for us and also talking to an endurance rider, Jackie Lloyd.

IP knows someone who drives who may be willing to give a talk (Sandra and Geoff) and other people were subgested, Sue Day and Stacey Holden as possibilities.

Other ideas put forward were western, a gel pad clinic by Hazel Cox (one for a weekend), treeless saddles forum, Alpenhorn outside in the summer, pasture management, quiz, cheese & wine, bbq, treasure hunt.
There was a brief discussion about a Trec competition but decided it may be a struggle to organise one.  A suggestion to have a training day or just an obstacle course and control of paces was discussed rather than having a full blown trec.

February meeting – Gill Ridings to arrange to Heather Hardy to talk about using horses to aid communication.                                                                                          GR

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

We have been awarded £2,000 approx from Rochdale Township Fund to pay for the track up to Emma’s, the track behind Lea Holme and the river crossing near Paperhouse Bridge.  Roger needs to speak to Gaunts to get permission to do the work behind Lea Holme.                                                                                         RM

Gwen to arrange with Robert Naylor to do the path up to Emma’s                     GM

Roger to arrange with Clive Haughton to do the river crossing.                          RM

BB asked if we could do away with the step which is at the top of the steep bit as she had received several complaints about it being too high, particularly for smaller ponies.

Progress on Woodtop – GR reported that all evidence is with the Council.  GR to contact the councillors to follow up.  GR to contact Mick Balls to find out which meeting its going to be brought to for approval.                                                       GR

A discussion took place about a court case pending about the grids at Red Lumb.

There is still a pile of rubble at the gate at the end of the Ashworth Concessionary.

A planning application had been submitted for a radio mast inside Ashworth Concessionary.  GM to email Jim Gartside to say we are ok with this.

·         Bury Rights of Way

IP reported another incident in Chesham Park with inconsiderate riders.  GM to put something on the website.

We had received a request from a rider about bridleways on an outward trail.  IP had contacted her but had no response back.

Lowes Farm bridleway is flooding gardens which border the route.  We had a letter from one of the residents.  This has been passed to David Chadwick who will hopefully arrange for it to be scraped back.

Nothing happening in Buckhurst.

IP reported there were rumours of a car park being built for Walmsley Golf Club off Castle Hill Road.  One to watch out for.

David Chadwick hopes to have permission  to change a gate and also have permission from the landowner to put horse handles on gates in the Holcome area.


·         AGM

BB to email agenda to Roger.
The positions of Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer need to be proposed and seconded.
One nomination for committee had been received from Lesley Tierney.
Roger standing down
Gill R standing down.
VJ and IP will continue to go to Bury ROW
MV & JT will look after Holcombe area.
We have no social secretary but will do it between us.
GM to order sandwiches                                                                          GM
BB to print rules for concessionary routes.                                              BB

·         Any Other Business

IP suggested a bit bank with our old bits to raise a bit of money.


Next Meeting – 13th February 2014 – at Emma’s (Rough Lea Farm)


Comments