August 2014

posted 24 Mar 2016, 06:41 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting –  14th August 2014

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon
                        Lesley Tierney

                                               

                         

 

Apologies:       June Timperley

                        Margaret Varley
                       

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

C/F Gill M to invite John Oliver to a meeting re upgrade of footpath in Norden.
GM had given some locks and keys to Bev O’Connor.  A £30 donation received.
GM still to contact Dee re a western talk for October meeting.  Gill reported that Vicky Oliver could do a talk if Dee isn’t available.

·         Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.

·         Treasurer’s Report

The accounts had been updated, this year we are £2899 up but a lot of it was the donation from Birtle Group.  Not much income from raffles as we haven’t held many.

·         Website  

109 hits, average 1.5 minutes and looking at two pages.  Still getting international hits.  Gill needs to change description of Pastures New on website to racehorse rehabilitation.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Shawfield gates still needs to be raised.
Bev O’Connor is dealing with the position of the horse stile at the end of Joy Street.

Woodtop – No response from Mick Balls.  EM advised Gwen to email him rather than ring and copy Jim Gartside in.  That way they have to respond.  GR had asked people to sign maps at the last meeting.

Bridleway signs had gone up at the bottom of Heap Road but still none at the end of Lea Holme track.


Bury Rights of Way


Gorsey Bank Quarry – motorbike trials held in the quarry.  Signs have been put up to warn against riding bikes on bridleways  A van parkiong up and unloading bikes has been reported to the Council.

Ainsworth Loop – no update.

Bury Bridleways Strategy – involved other user groups and Chris Peat.  A map is being circulated.

Castle Hill quarry – IP is going to try to find out what is going on,           IP

 

·         Social

IP suggested trying to organise a trip to see the Spanish riding School in Scheffield at the end of October to 2nd November, ticket prices are £22-£66.  Will be raised at the meeting on 28th July to see if anyone is interested.

18th August  - Pastures New. – It was agreed to split takings from the raffle with the charity.

September – open forum.

October – Gwen to talk to Dee to see if she is available for Western talk.          GM

November – Party night.

·         Any Other Business

Gate off at highfield has now been put back on.

A map of places EM used to ride has been passed to Chris Peat.

Windfarm meeting at the Town Hall.  Councillors could speak.



Next Meeting – 25th September at Emma’s.
Comments