April 2014

posted 23 Jul 2014, 12:28 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association   [ updated 23 Jul 2014, 12:30 ]

Committee Meeting – 10th April 2014

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Gwen Mann

                        Emma Metcalfe
                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Lesley Tierney

                       

                       

Apologies:       Val Johnson

June Timperley
            Margaret Varley

                       

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

Lesley to check if Racehorse Rehabilitation can do April Meeting.  If not, we’ll have to think of something else.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported, 79 so far this year which is more than the last few years in total.  Facebook page has been created and has received 73 “Likes” and the group is attracting more members.  Also a small article going into Streetwise Magazine giving details of next three meetings.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Cheques ready to go to Contractors for work done on Norden bridleways, then we can claim the money back from the Council.  Gill M to speak to Clive about putting some road planings down on Emma’s track but not near Ashworth Road.  Apart from that an additional £30 paid in from new members.

·         Website  

169 hits, 144 new, 25% returning visitors… still getting lots of international visitors.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

GM didn’t attend meeting due to illness.  The next meeting is in June.

Rochdale has no Definitive Map, Gwen to ring Byways and Bridleways Trust for advice.  Also look at www.rowway.co.uk

John Oliver wants the path behind Norden Library upgrading.  GM to invite him to next meeting.                                                                                                  GMorrell


·         Bury Rights of Way


No update on Ainsworth apart from contacts and possibly 30 evidence forms could be completed via a farrier.

Chris Peat put up 6 notices at Sales Lane and around Buckhurst.  They went up on a Tuesday and by Thursday 4 out of 6 had gone.  IP has spoken with land owners and is now awaiting Chris Peat to let her know when to put notices back up.

·         Windfarm -

JS had put a letter together and asked for feedback.  Gill to add her bit about safety and pass back to Joan.

·         Woodtop

BB has copies of the map.  GMann to collect and give to Gill Ridings.  In view of Lynne Cramb’s comments about landowners having to maintain a dedicated route we need to go back to the evidence form route.  It was suggested writing a letter on Gill’s behalf to give persmission for someone else to go forward with this upgrade.

Social

April – ? to be confirmed
May – Jackie Lloyd – endurance rider
June – Alpenhorn
July – (Emma fire service)
August – Quiz
September – Forum
October – ?
November – end of year party – buffet/raffle (add a bit on price for raffle)



Next Meeting – 15th May 2014 – at Emma’s (Rough Lea Farm)