September 2013

posted 25 Oct 2013, 04:09 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 19th September 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

 

Apologies:       Emma Metcalfe

 

Copies:            Gill Ridings

                        June Timperley

                        Margaret Varley

           

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

No update on physio for October.

Mick Ball has reported that he has not received any evidence forms for Rood Lane or Woodtop since he gave them back to GR last year.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 70 members.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Bank Account is looking healthy although we still have the Dunham money sat there.  IP has spoken to Tony Lund at Lancashire CC and he is going to arrange to send an invoice through.

·         Website  

136 visits this month. 2 Queensland, 1 Bejing, 1 Germany, 1 France, 1 Netherlands, 1 United States.  Gwen suggested putting pictures of Committee members and their equine partners on the website.

·         Social

No report.

30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine – booked with Horse Bits – they are keen and are already collecting prizes for raffle.
7/12 – Xmas Meal – RM to get menu.                                                                 RM

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Carried forward from June meeting.  Mounting blocks need putting near the gates in Ashworth Concessionary.  Breeze blocks would do.   Need a working party.            GM

Carried forward from June meeting.  Gwen asked Gill if Nigel would go with her to cut the rushes next to the barbed wire fence.                                                            GM/GM.

Peter Winkler had referred to funds available.  Need to look at what we need and put a request in.

a.    RM to get quote from Clive for putting stones in on the stile at Paperhouse river crossing

b.    GM to get quote from Robert Naylor for path at the side of the water board towards.

c.    RM to get quote from Clive to scrape the surface of the track down towards Lea Holme.  (Permission is needed from the Council and the landowner before we do any work on this.)

BB to email Mick Balls bridleway signs at Lea Holme and Heap Road.              BB

GM/JS reported that the Council still own the old railway line at Healey Dell so are going to ask about us using it.

A pile of road planings has been dumped across the gate at the end of the Ashworth concessionary.  United Utilities have visited the culprit and they are to be moved.  An alternative exit has been arranged for Sunday’s ride.

·         Bury Rights of Way

IP/VJ attended the first local access/forum group meeting on 11th September, about 12 people attended.

Main points to be covered by these meetings are
- Off Roaders
- Invasive Plants – eg Himalayan Balsam.
- Open access to Holcombe, etc.
- Lack of bridleways in some areas, eg. Tottington and Ainsworth.
- Condition of ROW network
- Linking routes between different boundaries.

IP had met with Chris Wilkinson from Bury about the fronting of a bid to get a new bridge at Prettywood but after talking to landowners it doesn’t look like there is a feasible bridleway route.

·         2013 Events

Celebration ride – 22nd September.  Meet 10.30 at Waterloo, 11.30 at Ashworth Reservoir gate then going through Buckhurst, Drains, Dunham then calling at Church Inn or Pack Horse.  A special rosette to be given to all participants.  G Morrell to order after the event                                                                                   .                 GM

Trec 18th August – all went well.  A big thank you to Gill for doing a great job.


·         Any Other Business

Gill reported that Peter Winkler is collecting evidence forms of use for the path behind the old library and Ashbourne.  She will get some forms for the next meeting.        GM

Next Meeting – 17th October 2013
Comments