October 2013

posted 15 Feb 2014, 00:54 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association   [ updated 15 Feb 2014, 00:59 ]

Committee Meeting – 17th October 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

 

Apologies:       Emma Metcalfe
                        Gill Morrell

                        Margaret Varley

 

Copies:            Gill Ridings

                        June Timperley

                       

           

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

The physio for October meeting is Danni Paizis.

A discussion took place about Roods Lane, GM/JS to contact Julie Simpson for advice.  GM to give BB reference numbers for land registry to try to get evidence of ownership.                                                                                                                 GM/JS

·         Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.  Facebook page is getting very popular and has 97 members.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No treasurer’s report as Gill is unwell.

·         Website  

No website report as Gill is unwell

·         Social

28th October – Physio Danni Paizis
25th November – Cheese & Wine at Horsebits.  GM to contact them in Gill’s absence to make sure they are ok with it.                                                                                GM
7th December – Xmas meal at Pack Horse.  RM to speak to Carol to try to get a reduced price menu.  £20                                                                                 RM
BB to ask Gill to take menu off the website.

·         Next Year

The fire brigade will do a demonstration of getting a large animal out of a difficult situation.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

There had been a ROW meeting but no-one was available to attend.  GM had raised the issue of signs for Heap Road/Lea Holme prior to the meeting.

GM reported that £950 had been donated from township funds by Wera Hobhouse and Jim Gartside.  Once we know how much we can have we need to prioritise the work we are going to do.

Greenbooth concessionary has been re-surfaced and widened.

Road planings are still blocking the gate at the Buckhurst end of the Ashworth Concessionary.

Tia from United Utilities has asked if we would support a litter pick.  GM to confirm  GM



·         Bury Rights of Way

Nothing to report.

·         2013 Events

Celebration ride – 22nd September.  8 riders took part and had a very enjoyable ride.


·         Any Other Business

Gill reported that Peter Winkler is collecting evidence forms of use for the path behind the old library and Ashbourne.  She will get some forms for the next meeting.        GM

Next Meeting – 21st November 2013

First meeting of new year will be on 16th January 2014 prior to the AGM on 27th January.

 



Comments