November 2013

posted 15 Feb 2014, 00:57 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 21st November 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Roger Mee

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

                        Joan Snowdon

                        June Timperley

                        Margaret Varley

 

Apologies:       Gwen Mann

Gill Morrell

                        Margaret Varley

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

BB reported that the Township Fun had awarded us £1,150.  Sharon Worrall is going to ask the Clean & Green Team for the remainder that we asked for.

·         Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.  Facebook page is getting very popular and has 100 members.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No treasurer’s report as Gill is unwell.

·         Website  

No website report as Gill is unwell

·         Social

25th November – Cheese & Wine at Horsebits.  From 7.00 pm

CM/RM will bring wine glasses
GR – wine/serviettes and Christmas cake
IP – nibbles & cheese
BB – fruit juice/cheese
MV - chutneys
JS – grapes

£1 donation towards wine.

7th December – Xmas Meal at Pack Horse.  BB to drop order in.                      BB

BB to send out reminder e-mail for both events.                                                  BB

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Roods Lane/Woodtop – GR confirmed that the documentation was ready to go to Council for the third time.  She was advised to go in person and get a receipt.         GR

Need to follow up bridleway signs for Heap Road and Lea Holme.                    BB

·         Bury Rights of Way

IP had attended the local access forum on 20th November.  The Rights of Way Improvement Plan for Bury  was discussed.

The lack of bridleways in the Tottington area has been raised.  IP to meet with DB about getting some bridleways in the Tottington area.                                     IP

IP to get some maps to find out where people want to ride.  MV and JT offered to help.                                                                                                                 IP/MV/JT

Nothing happening in Buckhurst.  C. Peat’s claim has gone in to Lancashire Council.

·         Any Other Business

Bagslate Quarry is blocked by a tree, needs moving with a chainsaw.

Chesham Park path 42 to Dicky Bird Estate.  David Chadwick has written to the landowner but he is ignoring his letters.  Need to get user evidence forms – one for next year.                                                                                                          IP

AGM – 27th January 2014.  Roger standing down.  GM to be Chairman.  GR is willing to stand down if someone else wants to join the committee.

Suggestions for next year:

 

-       Fire service rescuing large animals – EM to follow up

-       Tack marking

-       Riding for the Disabled

-       Long Distance – contact Jackie Lloyd from Lancashire Endurance..


Next Meeting – 16th January 2014

Comments