May 2013

posted 5 Jul 2013, 11:05 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 16th May 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell (part)

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

                        Joan Snowdon

                                               
Apologies:       June Timperley

Margaret Varley

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website.  GM

·         Matters Arising

BB went through the responses from the Council to the letter sent asking for updates on various outstanding issues.

BB still to make No Cantering signs for concessionaries.                        BB

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 65 members, 11 new members since last meeting, most in Bury.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No Treasurer’s report.

·         Website  

No website report.

·         Social

20/5 - Global Herbs
June – Huntsman (Steven) – The role of a professional hunt worker
29/7 – 25 year celebration – raffle prizes - £25, £15 and £10 vouchers
19/8 – Quiz
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine – booked with Horse Bits – they are keen and are already collecting prizes for raffle.
7/12 – Xmas Meal.

It was felt that in the current economic climate we should offer to pay petrol money for speakers rather than a bottle of wine.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

GR reported that the Council had lost the papers for the upgrade to Roods Lane.  BB had found some more forms and will bring for GR to Monday’s meeting.

·         Bury Rights of Way

MOD – David Chadwick had asked that we didn’t have a presence at the meeting with MOD.  He has reported that they are not keen for us to have a concessionary in their land.

The next Bury ROW meeting is on 22nd May.  IP to clarify if it is ok to put signs on gates.

IP had contacted Tony Lund at LCC to pay the money for Dunham but has heard nothing from them.

Buckhurst – IP is passing on her evidence forms to chris Peat.

Chicken Farm – BB to draft a letter on behalf of Association regarding slippy tarmac.  Send to IP to read before sending.                                                                 BB

·         2013 Events

25 Year celebration ride 22nd September – 2 rides that meet at Emma’s house.  Gill to arrange to get some commerative rosettes.  Stirrup cups to be provided.

Treasure Hunt – prepare one and see if we get the weather for it.  BB will redeem herself.                                                                                                          BB

Le Trec 18th August – will be held at Emma’s.  Level 3 body protectors necessary for obstacle course.

·         Any Other Business

Keys to be available immediately on joining, fee of £10 for key.

Trees on Golf Links need trimming back.

Next Meeting – 13th June 2013.

Comments