March 2013

posted 28 Apr 2013, 12:00 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 21st March 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        June Timperley

                        Margaret Varley

                       

                       


Apologies:       Roger Mee
                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Ridings

Margaret Varley

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website after removing “too” from the paragraph about Harwood Fields .           GM

·         Matters Arising

Heap Road – After checking the Inspectorate Website and speaking to their office it seems the hold-up is with Rochdale Council due to there being an objection being lodged with the High Court.  If the objection is successful we may have to start the process all over again!

Treasure Hunt – it was agreed that the treasure hunt could not go through either of the concessionary routes as non-members are not allowed.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 52 members, 31 Norden, 15 Bury, 1 Slattocks, 1 Accrington and 3 non-riders.

BB showed a certificate of thanks received from HAPPA for the donation given at the last meeting.  IP suggested making a scrap book.                                                  BB

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report due to lack of time, however, Gill reported that we had paid the United Utilities bill for Ashworth and also the BHS affiliation fee.  We had received the £250 from Rochdale Township.

·         Website  

No report.


·         Social

25/3 – Roger will be absent, Gwen to stand in.  Speaker is Peter the Professional Showman.  It was felt that Gill should introduce the speaker – his full name is needed.                                                                                                        GR

Gill Morrell will get a bottle of wine.                                                                      GM

29/4 - Forum
20/5 - Global Herbs
June – Huntsman (Steven)
29/7 – 25 year celebration
Invitations to be sent to the people involved at the beginning, eg. Mavis Denny, Shelly and Sue Stott.

BB to print some tickets - £5 including raffle and food.                                       BB

19/8 – Quiz
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine
7/12 – Xmas Meal.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

No report but we have loads to raise at the next meeting.

·         Bury Rights of Way

Harwood Fields –  As at 19th February the problem has been passed to the maintenance team by Nick Ball and Rochdale Council are going to look at the problem.  No further update received but there was some work going on in the field below the bridleway last week.

Bridleway 33 (Chicken Farm) has been re-surfaced with tarmac.  Bury ROW have written to the land owners asking them to put down a gritty surface on the top.  IP has spoken to Chris Peat who suggested getting in touch with Mark Weston the Access & Rights of Way man at the BHS and he said he would write the Bury Council.  Bury say no planning permission is needed which contradicts what the BHS say.

Buckhurst

IP has spoken to the land owners.  We need to get some evidence forms from Lancashire Council.  IP to contact Chris Peat to see exactly what she is claiming.  IP

It was agreed that we should send a letter to Rochdale Council asking for an update on the following Harwood Fields, Overtown Lane Red Lumb, Grids at Red Lumb, Splash Lane, Roods Lane, Heap Road.                                                                            BB

·         2013 Events

Trec – Date agreed – 18th August.  G. Morrell to plan.  GM to speak to Robinsons to confirm we can hold it there.                                                                                 GM
Trec Practice.  Date to be agreed.  June Timperley and Margaret Varley will help Irene arrange this.                                                                                IP/JT/MV


Treasure Hunt – Gill Ridings to arrange for July.                                     GR

22nd September – 25 year celebration ride.  Route to be agreed.

·         Any Other Business

Gill M had received an email from Val White in the Township Office about horse muck on pavements around Norden.  This was once again raised at the Norden Forum meeting.  We have put a request on the website asking members to be considerate and if their horses poo on pavements to go back and kick it into the road where this is possible.

Gill M had received an email about people galloping over Caldershaw.  Once again we have asked our members not to do this, particularly if there are other people using the area.

Gill M received a telephone call from a girl looking for a horse she had put out on loan in the Rochdale area and asked if we could forward to members and put on website.  This was agreed.

Next Meeting – 25th April 2013.
Comments