June 2013

posted 25 Oct 2013, 04:05 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 13th June 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell (part)

                        Irene Pope

                        Councillor Peter Winkler (as an observer)

                                               
Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Ridings

June Timperley

Margaret Varley

 

Roger welcomed Councillor Winkler to the meeting.

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website following change requested by IP                                                                  .           GM

·         Matters Arising

Mark Weston of the BHS had written to Bury Council about slippy road surface at the Chicken Farm.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 67 members, 2 new members since last meeting.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Still nothing from Lancashire regarding giving them the money for Dunham.  Down overall due to paying the money out for the bridge in Ashworth.  Currently just over £9000 in the bank.

·         Website  

Last month 133 visits average time spent per visit is 2min 34sec with 3.3 pages/visit viewed  International traffic 2 from Ireland (Dublin), 1 Italy and 1 USA this month.

·         Social

June – Huntsman (Steven) – The role of a professional hunt worker
29/7 – 25 year celebration – raffle prizes - £25, £15 and £10 vouchers
19/8 – Quiz
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine – booked with Horse Bits – they are keen and are already collecting prizes for raffle.
7/12 – Xmas Meal.


·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Mounting blocks need putting near the gates in Ashworth Concessionary.  Breeze blocks would do.                                                                                             GM

Gwen asked Gill if Nigel would go with her to cut the rushes next to the barbed wire fence.                                                                                                           GM/GM.

·         Bury Rights of Way

IP/VJ had attended a Bury ROW meeting on 22nd May.  There will be a local access forum on September 11th  Membership limited to user groups at the moment.

David Chadwick had written to the landowner about the path a Chesham Wood but had not received a reply.

Drainage on the path at Lowes Farm needs sorting out.

·         2013 Events

25 Year celebration – Gwen/Joan and Irene to get together to gather memorabilia for display.                                                                                                    IP/GM/JS

Treasure Hunt – in hand.                                                                                                BB

Le Trec 18th August – email something to Streetwise.                                      BB
Get posters up in tack shops/feed merchants.

·         Any Other Business

Windmill at Wolstenholme Hall Farm.  Need to check the location – could it have an effect when trying to open the gate from Lea Holme as the field is directly opposite   IP to send link to BB/GM.                                                                                  IP

GMorrell had spoken to someone who was clearing the field at the top of Dr. Dam.  He had no objection to horses going using it.

Next Meeting – 13th July 2013.  Main agenda item – getting displays ready for the 25 year celebration meeting.

Comments