July 2013

posted 25 Oct 2013, 04:06 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 18th July 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell (part)

                        Irene Pope

June Timperley

Margaret Varley

                       

                                               
Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Gill Ridings

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

BB to email Manchester BHS and invite them to Forum on 30th September.     BB

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 68 members, 1 new member since last meeting.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Still nothing from Lancashire regarding giving them the money for Dunham, IP to follow up.                                                                                                                     IP

·         Website  

No report due to lack of time.

·         Social

19/8 – Quiz
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine – booked with Horse Bits – they are keen and are already collecting prizes for raffle.
7/12 – Xmas Meal.


·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Carried forward from last meeting.  Mounting blocks need putting near the gates in Ashworth Concessionary.  Breeze blocks would do.   Need a working party.            GM


Carried forward from last meeting.  Gwen asked Gill if Nigel would go with her to cut the rushes next to the barbed wire fence.                                                            GM/GM.

ROW meeting to be held on 18th July at Green Lane.  GM followed up signage at Heap Road and Lea Holme.                                                                                          GM

New contact telephone number 0845 2261800

In a report it stated that in Rochdale MBC area there are 1476 footpaths, 179 bridleways and 167 restricted byways.

Rochdale Online now have maps on.

A local access forum is being set up for Rochdale area.

JM/GM to photograph the gates at Lea Holme as they don’t open and close very easily any more.

It was suggested to put numbers on gates to make it easier to identify them.

·         Bury Rights of Way

IP reported that the Bury Liaison Group could attend the Local Access Forum.  At the moment only consists of user groups and disabled.  The first meeting is on 11th September.

IP reported a problem she encountered on Chesham Fields and people who have been members galloping all over the field.  To be raised at the forum meeting in September.

·         2013 Events

25 Year celebration – Gwen/Joan and Irene to get together to gather memorabilia for display.                                                                                                    IP/GM/JS
IP to get the £50 Horse Bits voucher, BB to get the £30 and £15 Naylors vouchers.

Treasure Hunt – in hand.                                                                                                BB

·         Trec 18th August

RM/GM to visit Emma on Wednesday, 24th July at 7.00 pm                              RM/GM

BB to contact BHS for insurance purposes.                                                        BB

·         Any Other Business

None.

Next Meeting – 15th July 2013 at Roger’s 8.00 pm.

Meeting for Trec Helpers on 13th July at Gill Morrell’s.

Comments