January 2013

posted 22 Feb 2013, 12:30 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 17th January 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Janet O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

                       

                       

                       


Apologies:       Gwen Mann

                        Gill Ridings

                        Joan Snowdon

 

 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website.  GM

2.    Matters Arising

There were no matters arising.

3.    Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.

4.    Treasurer’s Report

No change in funds.

It was agreed to keep subs to £10 and £15 with a non-rider fee of £5.

 

5.    Website  

129 visits, with quite a few international.  3 USA, 2 Brazil, 1 Canada, 1 France and 1 Tokyo.

6.    Social

JO’C has resigned. Everyone thanked Janet for the excellent job she had done over the past few years.

GR is new Social Secretary.  RM to contact her to get update on Social Calendar before AGM.                                                                                                   RM

IP suggested a visit to a simulator in Warrington.  She will raise this at the AGM to find out if there is any interest.                                                                              IP


.

7.    Rochdale Rights of Way

No update but Gwen had spoken to BB to confirm the meeting at the Town Hall next week and was there anything to raise.

- Status on Heap Road
- Roods Lane update, ie when is it going to Township?

BB to pass on to GM                                                                                            BB


8.    Bury Rights of Way

ROW meeting next week.

IP showed publicity items about Dunham, in Northern Horse and Bury Times.  IP to scan and GM to put on website.                                                     IP/GM

IP said she was still unhappy with the gate at the top of Dunham.  She has raised with LCC and they are thinking about what can be done.

IP to ask Council to provide some “No Motorbike” signs.                                    IP

Harwood Fields – IP to follow up, very muddy at Elbut Lane end and the gate is difficult to open and is very heavy.                                                                   IP

9.    Open Forum Meeting

BB issued the notes from the open forum meeting.  Everyone thought it had been a good meeting. 

10.  AGM

Invitation to join committee to be sent out before the meeting.  Deadline 27th January. 2 vacancies                                                                                   BB

Sandwiches and chips to be provided                                                                  GM

8.00 pm start.

Proposed agenda. Chairman’s report, Secretary’s report, Treasurer’s report, Social Calendar, Rochdale ROW, Bury ROW, Election of Officers, Any Other Business.

11.  Any Other Business

25 year celebration – circular ride.
25 year party –food, raffle, music. Tickets £2 to include raffle.  Possibly hold at Waterloo.  CM to speak to Karen.                                                                   CM
Le Trec – proposed date 19th May – to be confirmed. 
It was agreed to stop doing to 50/50 draw.

Next Meeting – 21st February 2013.

Comments