February 2013

posted 28 Apr 2013, 11:59 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 21st February 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

                        Joan Snowdon

                        June Timperley

                        Margaret Varley

                       

                       


Apologies:       None

 

 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website.  GM

2.    Matters Arising

There were no matters arising.

3.    Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 44 members, 30 Norden, 13 Bury and 1 Slattocks.

4.    Treasurer’s Report

No change in funds.  We haven’t had the bill from LCC or United Utilities which will reduce the amount in the bank by quite a lot.  In real terms we have about £4-£5,000.

5.    Website  

131 visits, with quite a few international, average 3.5 pages per visit.  5 USA, 1 Canada, 1 Egypt, 1 Japan, 1 Thailand.  Dunham and Heap Road most popular pages.

6.    Social

25/2 – Happa
25/3 – Roger will be absent, Gwen to stand in.  Speaker is Peter the Professional Showman.
29/4 - Forum
20/5 - Global Herbs
June – Huntsman (Steven)
29/7 – 25 year celebration
19/8 – Quiz
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine
7/12 – Xmas Meal.

7.    Rochdale Rights of Way

No update as the last ROW meeting was cancelled.

Roger reported that Angie Tattersall had been approached by someone in the ginnell off Heap Road.  Its important that we keep riding it no matter what.  Need to find out what’s going on with this as the Inspector did pass it as a bridleway.

BB to email the reference for Heap Road to Irene.                                             BB

8.    Bury Rights of Way

Harwood Fields – IP reported that no-one was willing to help with the drains.  The problem has been passed to the maintenance team and Rochdale Council are going to look at the problem.  Nick Ball is the contact.  Smiths have some road plainings that could be used.

The gate handle at Elbut Lane end of Harwood Fields is too long.  Steven’s end gate attachment is the wrong way round.  IP got hooked up on it.  Needs removing before there is a serious incident.

Bradshaw Hill/Ninevah – This is going to be tarmacked.  New number for Bury ROW 0161 2263 5000.  Gill to publish on website.

Chesham Woods – IP has advised David Chadwick of Bury ROW that there is room for a step-over from Chesham Woods to Broadoaks.

Some ladies fromStacksteads have been to see IP to get help with getting a LEF grant.

Holcombe Moor – Helmshore – Edgeware.  Four gates need levers.  IP advised MV to send David Chadwick an email.  IP to let MV have his email address.        IP

Bridge – Irwell – Nuttall Park.  IP advised that the bridge is not safe to ride over.

MV said that there could be a circular route around Holcombe Hill if the path was improved.  We need to find out if it is a bridleway.  MV/JT to bring maps to the next meeting.                                                                                  MV/JT


9.    2013 Events

Trec – Date agreed – 18th August.  G. Morrell to plan.
Trec Practice.  Date to be agreed.  Can be held at Waterloo Farm.  IP to chair a sub-committee.
Treasure Hunt – Gill Ridings to arrange for July.
22nd September – 25 year celebration ride.


10.  Any Other Business

Gwen advised that the bridge in the Ashworth concessionary was now complete and was brilliant.  She is going to get a bottle of wine to give to Tia for her help with this.

Gill M. asked if Rosie could advertise on the website to clean people’s tack to raise money for a trip.  Everyone agreed that this was ok.

Easter ride to be arranged through Ashworth concessionary.

Calendars to be reduced to £2.00 each.


Next Meeting – 21st March 2013.

Comments