August 2013

posted 25 Oct 2013, 04:07 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 13th August 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell (part)

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

 

Apologies:       Margaret Varley

 

Copies:            Gill Ridings

                        June Timperley

           

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

No matters arising.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 69 members, 1 new member since last meeting.
BB showed report that had been published in the Rochdale Observer.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report due to time constraints.  IP had contacted Tony Lund at Lancs County Council.  He is going to follow up re our contribution to Dunham.

·         Website  

No report due to lack of time.

·         Social

No report.

19/8 – Quiz – IP to buy 4 mugs as prizes.                                                            IP
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine – booked with Horse Bits – they are keen and are already collecting prizes for raffle.
7/12 – Xmas Meal.

BB to contact GR to get details of physio arranged for October meeting.          BB


·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Carried forward from June meeting.  Mounting blocks need putting near the gates in Ashworth Concessionary.  Breeze blocks would do.   Need a working party.            GM

Carried forward from June meeting.  Gwen asked Gill if Nigel would go with her to cut the rushes next to the barbed wire fence.                                                            GM/GM.

Peter Winkler had referred to funds available.  Need to look at what we need and put a request in.                                                                                                           All

BB to email Nick Balls about Woodtop and bridleway signs at Lea Holme and Heap Road.                                                                                                            BB

GM reported that United Utilities are going to re-do the path over Greenbooth.  Willl confirm dates when known.

GM/JS are going to ask about access to old railway lines.

·         Bury Rights of Way

IP had emailed between meetings about Prettywood Bridge and the Association supporting this.  Nothing further to report.

There is a local access/forum group meeting on 11th September

·         2013 Events

Celebration ride – 22nd September.  IP to put a route together before Monday’s meeting.                                                                                                              IP
A special rosette to be given to all participants.  G Morrell to order.                    GM

Trec 18th August – everything in place.

Christmas meal – table booked for 7th December, menus not available yet.

·         Any Other Business

None.

Next Meeting – 19th September 2013

Comments