April 2013

posted 28 May 2013, 23:14 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 25th April 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                       

                       
Apologies:       Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Ridings

                        June Timperley

Margaret Varley

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website.  GM

·         Matters Arising

BB went through the responses from the Council to the letter sent asking for updates on various outstanding issues.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 54 members

·         Treasurer’s Report

Gill reported that we had £540.96 in excess of expenditure for this year.  We still had the £6,000 for Lancashire Council.  IP to email Tony Lund.                          IP
We currently have approximately £9,000 in the bank.

·         Website  

135 visits in the last month.  International hits - 9 from Dublin, 1 Germany, 1 Taiwan and 1 Nebraska

·         Social

The 25 year celebration on 29th July will be a buffet, BB to print tickets £2 which will includes a free raffle.  We need to prepare boards with photos, achievements, etc.  We will use the July Committee Meeting to put displays together.                            All

It was suggested inviting Northern Horse and the local press and doing a report for Streetwise Magazine.

20/5 - Global Herbs
June – Huntsman (Steven)
29/7 – 25 year celebration
19/8 – Quiz
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine
7/12 – Xmas Meal.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Heap Road – BB to contact Gordon Beverley on the outcome of the High Court action.  JS/GM reported that the Council have been told they have to get their definitive map updated and they are trying to get it electronically.

·         Bury Rights of Way

Harwood Fields –  has been re-surfaced, IP had thanked Mick Ball.  IP had spoken to one of the residents regarding the gate being on the wrong way and the old fasteners sticking out.  She had said they would look at it.

The BHS should have written to Bury Council, the surface is very slippy.  IP/VJ are going to attend the forum meeting to try to make something at the side of the tarmac.

·         Buckhurst

IP had collected evidence to put in for upgrade.  IP to give them to Chris Peat.

·         Holcolme

IP is attending a meeting with the MOD on 8th May regarding a concessionary route through their land.

IP asked if it was ok to sponsor a gate handle on a route where the gates need updating to make them easier to open.  This was agreed.

Need to collect evidence forms for Reddishaw Woods.

·         2013 Events

Trec – Date agreed – 18th August.  G. Morrell has had no time to contact Robinsons and we need to get location sorted.  VJ will go to see him.                               VJ

Trec Practice – IP to arrange.

25 Year celebration – Gwen will donate two bottles of wine and a bottle of whisky. GM

 

·         Any Other Business

We need No Cantering signs for Greenbooth, we will try laminated ones.          BB

We need some mounting blocks in Ashworth concessionary, possibly some big stones..JS to speak to Glenn Haughton.                                                             JS

Next Meeting – 16th May 2013.
Comments