Constitution‎ > ‎Committee Meetings‎ > ‎

2013 Committee Meetings

November 2013

posted 15 Feb 2014, 00:57 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 21st November 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Roger Mee

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

                        Joan Snowdon

                        June Timperley

                        Margaret Varley

 

Apologies:       Gwen Mann

Gill Morrell

                        Margaret Varley

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

BB reported that the Township Fun had awarded us £1,150.  Sharon Worrall is going to ask the Clean & Green Team for the remainder that we asked for.

·         Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.  Facebook page is getting very popular and has 100 members.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No treasurer’s report as Gill is unwell.

·         Website  

No website report as Gill is unwell

·         Social

25th November – Cheese & Wine at Horsebits.  From 7.00 pm

CM/RM will bring wine glasses
GR – wine/serviettes and Christmas cake
IP – nibbles & cheese
BB – fruit juice/cheese
MV - chutneys
JS – grapes

£1 donation towards wine.

7th December – Xmas Meal at Pack Horse.  BB to drop order in.                      BB

BB to send out reminder e-mail for both events.                                                  BB

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Roods Lane/Woodtop – GR confirmed that the documentation was ready to go to Council for the third time.  She was advised to go in person and get a receipt.         GR

Need to follow up bridleway signs for Heap Road and Lea Holme.                    BB

·         Bury Rights of Way

IP had attended the local access forum on 20th November.  The Rights of Way Improvement Plan for Bury  was discussed.

The lack of bridleways in the Tottington area has been raised.  IP to meet with DB about getting some bridleways in the Tottington area.                                     IP

IP to get some maps to find out where people want to ride.  MV and JT offered to help.                                                                                                                 IP/MV/JT

Nothing happening in Buckhurst.  C. Peat’s claim has gone in to Lancashire Council.

·         Any Other Business

Bagslate Quarry is blocked by a tree, needs moving with a chainsaw.

Chesham Park path 42 to Dicky Bird Estate.  David Chadwick has written to the landowner but he is ignoring his letters.  Need to get user evidence forms – one for next year.                                                                                                          IP

AGM – 27th January 2014.  Roger standing down.  GM to be Chairman.  GR is willing to stand down if someone else wants to join the committee.

Suggestions for next year:

 

-       Fire service rescuing large animals – EM to follow up

-       Tack marking

-       Riding for the Disabled

-       Long Distance – contact Jackie Lloyd from Lancashire Endurance..


Next Meeting – 16th January 2014

October 2013

posted 15 Feb 2014, 00:54 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association   [ updated 15 Feb 2014, 00:59 ]

Committee Meeting – 17th October 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

 

Apologies:       Emma Metcalfe
                        Gill Morrell

                        Margaret Varley

 

Copies:            Gill Ridings

                        June Timperley

                       

           

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

The physio for October meeting is Danni Paizis.

A discussion took place about Roods Lane, GM/JS to contact Julie Simpson for advice.  GM to give BB reference numbers for land registry to try to get evidence of ownership.                                                                                                                 GM/JS

·         Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.  Facebook page is getting very popular and has 97 members.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No treasurer’s report as Gill is unwell.

·         Website  

No website report as Gill is unwell

·         Social

28th October – Physio Danni Paizis
25th November – Cheese & Wine at Horsebits.  GM to contact them in Gill’s absence to make sure they are ok with it.                                                                                GM
7th December – Xmas meal at Pack Horse.  RM to speak to Carol to try to get a reduced price menu.  £20                                                                                 RM
BB to ask Gill to take menu off the website.

·         Next Year

The fire brigade will do a demonstration of getting a large animal out of a difficult situation.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

There had been a ROW meeting but no-one was available to attend.  GM had raised the issue of signs for Heap Road/Lea Holme prior to the meeting.

GM reported that £950 had been donated from township funds by Wera Hobhouse and Jim Gartside.  Once we know how much we can have we need to prioritise the work we are going to do.

Greenbooth concessionary has been re-surfaced and widened.

Road planings are still blocking the gate at the Buckhurst end of the Ashworth Concessionary.

Tia from United Utilities has asked if we would support a litter pick.  GM to confirm  GM



·         Bury Rights of Way

Nothing to report.

·         2013 Events

Celebration ride – 22nd September.  8 riders took part and had a very enjoyable ride.


·         Any Other Business

Gill reported that Peter Winkler is collecting evidence forms of use for the path behind the old library and Ashbourne.  She will get some forms for the next meeting.        GM

Next Meeting – 21st November 2013

First meeting of new year will be on 16th January 2014 prior to the AGM on 27th January.

 



September 2013

posted 25 Oct 2013, 04:09 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 19th September 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

 

Apologies:       Emma Metcalfe

 

Copies:            Gill Ridings

                        June Timperley

                        Margaret Varley

           

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

No update on physio for October.

Mick Ball has reported that he has not received any evidence forms for Rood Lane or Woodtop since he gave them back to GR last year.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 70 members.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Bank Account is looking healthy although we still have the Dunham money sat there.  IP has spoken to Tony Lund at Lancashire CC and he is going to arrange to send an invoice through.

·         Website  

136 visits this month. 2 Queensland, 1 Bejing, 1 Germany, 1 France, 1 Netherlands, 1 United States.  Gwen suggested putting pictures of Committee members and their equine partners on the website.

·         Social

No report.

30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine – booked with Horse Bits – they are keen and are already collecting prizes for raffle.
7/12 – Xmas Meal – RM to get menu.                                                                 RM

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Carried forward from June meeting.  Mounting blocks need putting near the gates in Ashworth Concessionary.  Breeze blocks would do.   Need a working party.            GM

Carried forward from June meeting.  Gwen asked Gill if Nigel would go with her to cut the rushes next to the barbed wire fence.                                                            GM/GM.

Peter Winkler had referred to funds available.  Need to look at what we need and put a request in.

a.    RM to get quote from Clive for putting stones in on the stile at Paperhouse river crossing

b.    GM to get quote from Robert Naylor for path at the side of the water board towards.

c.    RM to get quote from Clive to scrape the surface of the track down towards Lea Holme.  (Permission is needed from the Council and the landowner before we do any work on this.)

BB to email Mick Balls bridleway signs at Lea Holme and Heap Road.              BB

GM/JS reported that the Council still own the old railway line at Healey Dell so are going to ask about us using it.

A pile of road planings has been dumped across the gate at the end of the Ashworth concessionary.  United Utilities have visited the culprit and they are to be moved.  An alternative exit has been arranged for Sunday’s ride.

·         Bury Rights of Way

IP/VJ attended the first local access/forum group meeting on 11th September, about 12 people attended.

Main points to be covered by these meetings are
- Off Roaders
- Invasive Plants – eg Himalayan Balsam.
- Open access to Holcombe, etc.
- Lack of bridleways in some areas, eg. Tottington and Ainsworth.
- Condition of ROW network
- Linking routes between different boundaries.

IP had met with Chris Wilkinson from Bury about the fronting of a bid to get a new bridge at Prettywood but after talking to landowners it doesn’t look like there is a feasible bridleway route.

·         2013 Events

Celebration ride – 22nd September.  Meet 10.30 at Waterloo, 11.30 at Ashworth Reservoir gate then going through Buckhurst, Drains, Dunham then calling at Church Inn or Pack Horse.  A special rosette to be given to all participants.  G Morrell to order after the event                                                                                   .                 GM

Trec 18th August – all went well.  A big thank you to Gill for doing a great job.


·         Any Other Business

Gill reported that Peter Winkler is collecting evidence forms of use for the path behind the old library and Ashbourne.  She will get some forms for the next meeting.        GM

Next Meeting – 17th October 2013

August 2013

posted 25 Oct 2013, 04:07 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 13th August 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell (part)

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

 

Apologies:       Margaret Varley

 

Copies:            Gill Ridings

                        June Timperley

           

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

No matters arising.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 69 members, 1 new member since last meeting.
BB showed report that had been published in the Rochdale Observer.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report due to time constraints.  IP had contacted Tony Lund at Lancs County Council.  He is going to follow up re our contribution to Dunham.

·         Website  

No report due to lack of time.

·         Social

No report.

19/8 – Quiz – IP to buy 4 mugs as prizes.                                                            IP
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine – booked with Horse Bits – they are keen and are already collecting prizes for raffle.
7/12 – Xmas Meal.

BB to contact GR to get details of physio arranged for October meeting.          BB


·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Carried forward from June meeting.  Mounting blocks need putting near the gates in Ashworth Concessionary.  Breeze blocks would do.   Need a working party.            GM

Carried forward from June meeting.  Gwen asked Gill if Nigel would go with her to cut the rushes next to the barbed wire fence.                                                            GM/GM.

Peter Winkler had referred to funds available.  Need to look at what we need and put a request in.                                                                                                           All

BB to email Nick Balls about Woodtop and bridleway signs at Lea Holme and Heap Road.                                                                                                            BB

GM reported that United Utilities are going to re-do the path over Greenbooth.  Willl confirm dates when known.

GM/JS are going to ask about access to old railway lines.

·         Bury Rights of Way

IP had emailed between meetings about Prettywood Bridge and the Association supporting this.  Nothing further to report.

There is a local access/forum group meeting on 11th September

·         2013 Events

Celebration ride – 22nd September.  IP to put a route together before Monday’s meeting.                                                                                                              IP
A special rosette to be given to all participants.  G Morrell to order.                    GM

Trec 18th August – everything in place.

Christmas meal – table booked for 7th December, menus not available yet.

·         Any Other Business

None.

Next Meeting – 19th September 2013

July 2013

posted 25 Oct 2013, 04:06 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 18th July 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell (part)

                        Irene Pope

June Timperley

Margaret Varley

                       

                                               
Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Gill Ridings

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website   GM

·         Matters Arising

BB to email Manchester BHS and invite them to Forum on 30th September.     BB

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 68 members, 1 new member since last meeting.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Still nothing from Lancashire regarding giving them the money for Dunham, IP to follow up.                                                                                                                     IP

·         Website  

No report due to lack of time.

·         Social

19/8 – Quiz
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine – booked with Horse Bits – they are keen and are already collecting prizes for raffle.
7/12 – Xmas Meal.


·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Carried forward from last meeting.  Mounting blocks need putting near the gates in Ashworth Concessionary.  Breeze blocks would do.   Need a working party.            GM


Carried forward from last meeting.  Gwen asked Gill if Nigel would go with her to cut the rushes next to the barbed wire fence.                                                            GM/GM.

ROW meeting to be held on 18th July at Green Lane.  GM followed up signage at Heap Road and Lea Holme.                                                                                          GM

New contact telephone number 0845 2261800

In a report it stated that in Rochdale MBC area there are 1476 footpaths, 179 bridleways and 167 restricted byways.

Rochdale Online now have maps on.

A local access forum is being set up for Rochdale area.

JM/GM to photograph the gates at Lea Holme as they don’t open and close very easily any more.

It was suggested to put numbers on gates to make it easier to identify them.

·         Bury Rights of Way

IP reported that the Bury Liaison Group could attend the Local Access Forum.  At the moment only consists of user groups and disabled.  The first meeting is on 11th September.

IP reported a problem she encountered on Chesham Fields and people who have been members galloping all over the field.  To be raised at the forum meeting in September.

·         2013 Events

25 Year celebration – Gwen/Joan and Irene to get together to gather memorabilia for display.                                                                                                    IP/GM/JS
IP to get the £50 Horse Bits voucher, BB to get the £30 and £15 Naylors vouchers.

Treasure Hunt – in hand.                                                                                                BB

·         Trec 18th August

RM/GM to visit Emma on Wednesday, 24th July at 7.00 pm                              RM/GM

BB to contact BHS for insurance purposes.                                                        BB

·         Any Other Business

None.

Next Meeting – 15th July 2013 at Roger’s 8.00 pm.

Meeting for Trec Helpers on 13th July at Gill Morrell’s.

June 2013

posted 25 Oct 2013, 04:05 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 13th June 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell (part)

                        Irene Pope

                        Councillor Peter Winkler (as an observer)

                                               
Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Ridings

June Timperley

Margaret Varley

 

Roger welcomed Councillor Winkler to the meeting.

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website following change requested by IP                                                                  .           GM

·         Matters Arising

Mark Weston of the BHS had written to Bury Council about slippy road surface at the Chicken Farm.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 67 members, 2 new members since last meeting.

·         Treasurer’s Report

Still nothing from Lancashire regarding giving them the money for Dunham.  Down overall due to paying the money out for the bridge in Ashworth.  Currently just over £9000 in the bank.

·         Website  

Last month 133 visits average time spent per visit is 2min 34sec with 3.3 pages/visit viewed  International traffic 2 from Ireland (Dublin), 1 Italy and 1 USA this month.

·         Social

June – Huntsman (Steven) – The role of a professional hunt worker
29/7 – 25 year celebration – raffle prizes - £25, £15 and £10 vouchers
19/8 – Quiz
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine – booked with Horse Bits – they are keen and are already collecting prizes for raffle.
7/12 – Xmas Meal.


·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Mounting blocks need putting near the gates in Ashworth Concessionary.  Breeze blocks would do.                                                                                             GM

Gwen asked Gill if Nigel would go with her to cut the rushes next to the barbed wire fence.                                                                                                           GM/GM.

·         Bury Rights of Way

IP/VJ had attended a Bury ROW meeting on 22nd May.  There will be a local access forum on September 11th  Membership limited to user groups at the moment.

David Chadwick had written to the landowner about the path a Chesham Wood but had not received a reply.

Drainage on the path at Lowes Farm needs sorting out.

·         2013 Events

25 Year celebration – Gwen/Joan and Irene to get together to gather memorabilia for display.                                                                                                    IP/GM/JS

Treasure Hunt – in hand.                                                                                                BB

Le Trec 18th August – email something to Streetwise.                                      BB
Get posters up in tack shops/feed merchants.

·         Any Other Business

Windmill at Wolstenholme Hall Farm.  Need to check the location – could it have an effect when trying to open the gate from Lea Holme as the field is directly opposite   IP to send link to BB/GM.                                                                                  IP

GMorrell had spoken to someone who was clearing the field at the top of Dr. Dam.  He had no objection to horses going using it.

Next Meeting – 13th July 2013.  Main agenda item – getting displays ready for the 25 year celebration meeting.

May 2013

posted 5 Jul 2013, 11:05 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 16th May 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Morrell (part)

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

                        Joan Snowdon

                                               
Apologies:       June Timperley

Margaret Varley

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website.  GM

·         Matters Arising

BB went through the responses from the Council to the letter sent asking for updates on various outstanding issues.

BB still to make No Cantering signs for concessionaries.                        BB

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 65 members, 11 new members since last meeting, most in Bury.

·         Treasurer’s Report

No Treasurer’s report.

·         Website  

No website report.

·         Social

20/5 - Global Herbs
June – Huntsman (Steven) – The role of a professional hunt worker
29/7 – 25 year celebration – raffle prizes - £25, £15 and £10 vouchers
19/8 – Quiz
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine – booked with Horse Bits – they are keen and are already collecting prizes for raffle.
7/12 – Xmas Meal.

It was felt that in the current economic climate we should offer to pay petrol money for speakers rather than a bottle of wine.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

GR reported that the Council had lost the papers for the upgrade to Roods Lane.  BB had found some more forms and will bring for GR to Monday’s meeting.

·         Bury Rights of Way

MOD – David Chadwick had asked that we didn’t have a presence at the meeting with MOD.  He has reported that they are not keen for us to have a concessionary in their land.

The next Bury ROW meeting is on 22nd May.  IP to clarify if it is ok to put signs on gates.

IP had contacted Tony Lund at LCC to pay the money for Dunham but has heard nothing from them.

Buckhurst – IP is passing on her evidence forms to chris Peat.

Chicken Farm – BB to draft a letter on behalf of Association regarding slippy tarmac.  Send to IP to read before sending.                                                                 BB

·         2013 Events

25 Year celebration ride 22nd September – 2 rides that meet at Emma’s house.  Gill to arrange to get some commerative rosettes.  Stirrup cups to be provided.

Treasure Hunt – prepare one and see if we get the weather for it.  BB will redeem herself.                                                                                                          BB

Le Trec 18th August – will be held at Emma’s.  Level 3 body protectors necessary for obstacle course.

·         Any Other Business

Keys to be available immediately on joining, fee of £10 for key.

Trees on Golf Links need trimming back.

Next Meeting – 13th June 2013.

April 2013

posted 28 May 2013, 23:14 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 25th April 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                       

                       
Apologies:       Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Ridings

                        June Timperley

Margaret Varley

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website.  GM

·         Matters Arising

BB went through the responses from the Council to the letter sent asking for updates on various outstanding issues.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 54 members

·         Treasurer’s Report

Gill reported that we had £540.96 in excess of expenditure for this year.  We still had the £6,000 for Lancashire Council.  IP to email Tony Lund.                          IP
We currently have approximately £9,000 in the bank.

·         Website  

135 visits in the last month.  International hits - 9 from Dublin, 1 Germany, 1 Taiwan and 1 Nebraska

·         Social

The 25 year celebration on 29th July will be a buffet, BB to print tickets £2 which will includes a free raffle.  We need to prepare boards with photos, achievements, etc.  We will use the July Committee Meeting to put displays together.                            All

It was suggested inviting Northern Horse and the local press and doing a report for Streetwise Magazine.

20/5 - Global Herbs
June – Huntsman (Steven)
29/7 – 25 year celebration
19/8 – Quiz
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine
7/12 – Xmas Meal.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

Heap Road – BB to contact Gordon Beverley on the outcome of the High Court action.  JS/GM reported that the Council have been told they have to get their definitive map updated and they are trying to get it electronically.

·         Bury Rights of Way

Harwood Fields –  has been re-surfaced, IP had thanked Mick Ball.  IP had spoken to one of the residents regarding the gate being on the wrong way and the old fasteners sticking out.  She had said they would look at it.

The BHS should have written to Bury Council, the surface is very slippy.  IP/VJ are going to attend the forum meeting to try to make something at the side of the tarmac.

·         Buckhurst

IP had collected evidence to put in for upgrade.  IP to give them to Chris Peat.

·         Holcolme

IP is attending a meeting with the MOD on 8th May regarding a concessionary route through their land.

IP asked if it was ok to sponsor a gate handle on a route where the gates need updating to make them easier to open.  This was agreed.

Need to collect evidence forms for Reddishaw Woods.

·         2013 Events

Trec – Date agreed – 18th August.  G. Morrell has had no time to contact Robinsons and we need to get location sorted.  VJ will go to see him.                               VJ

Trec Practice – IP to arrange.

25 Year celebration – Gwen will donate two bottles of wine and a bottle of whisky. GM

 

·         Any Other Business

We need No Cantering signs for Greenbooth, we will try laminated ones.          BB

We need some mounting blocks in Ashworth concessionary, possibly some big stones..JS to speak to Glenn Haughton.                                                             JS

Next Meeting – 16th May 2013.

March 2013

posted 28 Apr 2013, 12:00 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 21st March 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Joan Snowdon

                        June Timperley

                        Margaret Varley

                       

                       


Apologies:       Roger Mee
                        Emma Metcalfe

                        Gill Ridings

Margaret Varley

 

 

·         Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website after removing “too” from the paragraph about Harwood Fields .           GM

·         Matters Arising

Heap Road – After checking the Inspectorate Website and speaking to their office it seems the hold-up is with Rochdale Council due to there being an objection being lodged with the High Court.  If the objection is successful we may have to start the process all over again!

Treasure Hunt – it was agreed that the treasure hunt could not go through either of the concessionary routes as non-members are not allowed.

·         Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 52 members, 31 Norden, 15 Bury, 1 Slattocks, 1 Accrington and 3 non-riders.

BB showed a certificate of thanks received from HAPPA for the donation given at the last meeting.  IP suggested making a scrap book.                                                  BB

·         Treasurer’s Report

No report due to lack of time, however, Gill reported that we had paid the United Utilities bill for Ashworth and also the BHS affiliation fee.  We had received the £250 from Rochdale Township.

·         Website  

No report.


·         Social

25/3 – Roger will be absent, Gwen to stand in.  Speaker is Peter the Professional Showman.  It was felt that Gill should introduce the speaker – his full name is needed.                                                                                                        GR

Gill Morrell will get a bottle of wine.                                                                      GM

29/4 - Forum
20/5 - Global Herbs
June – Huntsman (Steven)
29/7 – 25 year celebration
Invitations to be sent to the people involved at the beginning, eg. Mavis Denny, Shelly and Sue Stott.

BB to print some tickets - £5 including raffle and food.                                       BB

19/8 – Quiz
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine
7/12 – Xmas Meal.

·         Rochdale Rights of Way

No report but we have loads to raise at the next meeting.

·         Bury Rights of Way

Harwood Fields –  As at 19th February the problem has been passed to the maintenance team by Nick Ball and Rochdale Council are going to look at the problem.  No further update received but there was some work going on in the field below the bridleway last week.

Bridleway 33 (Chicken Farm) has been re-surfaced with tarmac.  Bury ROW have written to the land owners asking them to put down a gritty surface on the top.  IP has spoken to Chris Peat who suggested getting in touch with Mark Weston the Access & Rights of Way man at the BHS and he said he would write the Bury Council.  Bury say no planning permission is needed which contradicts what the BHS say.

Buckhurst

IP has spoken to the land owners.  We need to get some evidence forms from Lancashire Council.  IP to contact Chris Peat to see exactly what she is claiming.  IP

It was agreed that we should send a letter to Rochdale Council asking for an update on the following Harwood Fields, Overtown Lane Red Lumb, Grids at Red Lumb, Splash Lane, Roods Lane, Heap Road.                                                                            BB

·         2013 Events

Trec – Date agreed – 18th August.  G. Morrell to plan.  GM to speak to Robinsons to confirm we can hold it there.                                                                                 GM
Trec Practice.  Date to be agreed.  June Timperley and Margaret Varley will help Irene arrange this.                                                                                IP/JT/MV


Treasure Hunt – Gill Ridings to arrange for July.                                     GR

22nd September – 25 year celebration ride.  Route to be agreed.

·         Any Other Business

Gill M had received an email from Val White in the Township Office about horse muck on pavements around Norden.  This was once again raised at the Norden Forum meeting.  We have put a request on the website asking members to be considerate and if their horses poo on pavements to go back and kick it into the road where this is possible.

Gill M had received an email about people galloping over Caldershaw.  Once again we have asked our members not to do this, particularly if there are other people using the area.

Gill M received a telephone call from a girl looking for a horse she had put out on loan in the Rochdale area and asked if we could forward to members and put on website.  This was agreed.

Next Meeting – 25th April 2013.

February 2013

posted 28 Apr 2013, 11:59 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 21st February 2013

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

                        Joan Snowdon

                        June Timperley

                        Margaret Varley

                       

                       


Apologies:       None

 

 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website.  GM

2.    Matters Arising

There were no matters arising.

3.    Secretary’s Report

BB reported that we currently had 44 members, 30 Norden, 13 Bury and 1 Slattocks.

4.    Treasurer’s Report

No change in funds.  We haven’t had the bill from LCC or United Utilities which will reduce the amount in the bank by quite a lot.  In real terms we have about £4-£5,000.

5.    Website  

131 visits, with quite a few international, average 3.5 pages per visit.  5 USA, 1 Canada, 1 Egypt, 1 Japan, 1 Thailand.  Dunham and Heap Road most popular pages.

6.    Social

25/2 – Happa
25/3 – Roger will be absent, Gwen to stand in.  Speaker is Peter the Professional Showman.
29/4 - Forum
20/5 - Global Herbs
June – Huntsman (Steven)
29/7 – 25 year celebration
19/8 – Quiz
22/9 – Celebration ride
30/9 – Forum
Oct – Physio
Nov – Cheese & Wine
7/12 – Xmas Meal.

7.    Rochdale Rights of Way

No update as the last ROW meeting was cancelled.

Roger reported that Angie Tattersall had been approached by someone in the ginnell off Heap Road.  Its important that we keep riding it no matter what.  Need to find out what’s going on with this as the Inspector did pass it as a bridleway.

BB to email the reference for Heap Road to Irene.                                             BB

8.    Bury Rights of Way

Harwood Fields – IP reported that no-one was willing to help with the drains.  The problem has been passed to the maintenance team and Rochdale Council are going to look at the problem.  Nick Ball is the contact.  Smiths have some road plainings that could be used.

The gate handle at Elbut Lane end of Harwood Fields is too long.  Steven’s end gate attachment is the wrong way round.  IP got hooked up on it.  Needs removing before there is a serious incident.

Bradshaw Hill/Ninevah – This is going to be tarmacked.  New number for Bury ROW 0161 2263 5000.  Gill to publish on website.

Chesham Woods – IP has advised David Chadwick of Bury ROW that there is room for a step-over from Chesham Woods to Broadoaks.

Some ladies fromStacksteads have been to see IP to get help with getting a LEF grant.

Holcombe Moor – Helmshore – Edgeware.  Four gates need levers.  IP advised MV to send David Chadwick an email.  IP to let MV have his email address.        IP

Bridge – Irwell – Nuttall Park.  IP advised that the bridge is not safe to ride over.

MV said that there could be a circular route around Holcombe Hill if the path was improved.  We need to find out if it is a bridleway.  MV/JT to bring maps to the next meeting.                                                                                  MV/JT


9.    2013 Events

Trec – Date agreed – 18th August.  G. Morrell to plan.
Trec Practice.  Date to be agreed.  Can be held at Waterloo Farm.  IP to chair a sub-committee.
Treasure Hunt – Gill Ridings to arrange for July.
22nd September – 25 year celebration ride.


10.  Any Other Business

Gwen advised that the bridge in the Ashworth concessionary was now complete and was brilliant.  She is going to get a bottle of wine to give to Tia for her help with this.

Gill M. asked if Rosie could advertise on the website to clean people’s tack to raise money for a trip.  Everyone agreed that this was ok.

Easter ride to be arranged through Ashworth concessionary.

Calendars to be reduced to £2.00 each.


Next Meeting – 21st March 2013.

1-10 of 11