May 2012

posted 28 Jul 2012, 12:09 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 17th May 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

Gill Ridings

 

Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Janet O’Connor

                        Gwen Mann

                        Joan Snowdon

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed GM to post onto website.    GM

2.    Matters Arising

Slippy road surface on Edenfield Road.  Council have no money to put horse friendly surface down.

Heap Road – order upheld.  Roger suggested putting signs up to warn of pedestrians.  BB to contact council re do we need planning permission.

3.    Secretary’s Report

Membership – currently 57 members.

4.    Treasurer’s Report

No update.  Not yet got invoice from Clive for Nabbs Wife.  He is still trying to find a suitable gate.

5.    Website report

157 hits, average 3.1 pages per visit.  1 from Sydney, 1 Lagos, 1 Faro, 1 New York.

6.    Social Calendar

Last meeting Sophie Gent, Equiscan was excellent.

Next meeting David Aldington, A day in the life of an equine vet.
25th June – Equine Touch – to be confirmed.
30th July – Freestyle dressage demonstration.
August – Quiz night.
September – Worm Counts (Mary Lennon)

7.     Rochdale ROW

BB to request bridleway sign at the bottom of Heap Road.

Blocked bridleway at Broadhalgh, has the tree been moved?  BB to contact Council.

8.     Bury ROW

Dunham – deadline extended to end of summer.  LCC have offered £6000 towards quote…, £1500 from us and £4000 from Environment Fund, leaves a large shortfall.  Option to find quote to match the available money.  GMorrell to contact Tony Lund in Irene’s absence to see if she can get him to move faster.  Another funding pot could be Natural England.

The bridleway behind houses near Irene’s (Lowes Park) is very boggy due to water running down from quarry.  No money available from council to help clear it.  Can we have it done?  IP to speak to Bury ROW Officer and Clive for a quote. IP

9.     Press Report

Nothing to report

10.  2012 Projects

Le Trec – 27th August.  R Mee to speak to S. Robinson.                                            RM
Sub-committee meeting for Trec on 31st May.  Robinsons have it in the diary.  Would it be possible to have Trec Practices at Sally Ashworths?  Lianne from Friezland will help out.

Treasure Hunt 29th July – minimal road work.                                                 BB

11.  Future Bridleway Upgrades

Wolstenholme Lane – not been ridden since before 1968.  Gill Ridings to gather evidence for this.  All relevant forms are available on website.  Gill Morrell suggested trying to have concessionary through corner of field into Harewood Road which would be a cheaper and easier option.

Woodtop – should be able to get this route dedicated.

Bird Sanctuary through Dexine.

Any Other Business

BB to write to Council enforcement officer about grids at Lea Holme.

Next Meeting  - Thursday 21st June at 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s
Comments