March 2012

posted 26 Apr 2012, 14:19 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 22nd March 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Janet O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

Gill Ridings

 

Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Pat Tough

 

 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed GM to post onto website.    GM

2.    Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.

3.    Membership Secretary’s Report

Report will be ready before the next meeting.

4.    Treasurer’s Report

In credit this year £138.25.  The grant has been received from Rochdale Township of £600.

5.    Website report

121 hits with an average of 4 pages per visit, staying on for 3 minutes 24 seconds.  Two international hits from Brazil and Germany.

6.    Social Calendar

Craig D’arcy is speaking at next Monday’s meeting.  Gill to bring laptop and projector.                                                                                           GR

Janet suggested we put a link on our website to Ann-Marie Ingram who was the speaker at the February meeting.  Everyone agreed.                                 GM

7.     Rochdale ROW

The Public Inquiry for Heap Road is on 18th April at Norden Cricket Club.  A meeting to discuss this arranged for 12th April.  GM to ask Chris Peat to attend.

The next Rochdale ROW meeting is on 17th April.  They no longer have any ROW Officers.  There will be a presentation about the windfarm at this meeting.

A number of people have objected to the grids put in on Overtown Lane in Red Lumb.  They now have to be removed and replaced with stone.

We have received permission from the landowner to complete the work needed on Splash Lane to remove the mud and replace the gate at the top of Nabs Wife.  This will probably go over budget.

The stones which had been put on Woodtop to shore up the banking have now been put back into position following vandals pushing them down.

8.     Bury ROW

IP reported that Tony Lund from Lancashire Council had taken over the Dunham project and was obtaining more quotes.  IP to speak to Chris Peat for advice and follow up with Tony Lund.

Lancs Council will get the drainage sorted out on “The Drains”.

Nothing further to report on the Windmills on Castle Hill Road.

A bridleway sign has gone up at Fairfield Hospital.

A local access forum is being set up for Bury/Bolton.  At the introduction meeting there were 5/6 horsey people.  It will be an advisory group meeting 2-3 times a year.

9.     Norden Community Association

Roger attended this meeting but arrived late.  One person had complained about horse muck on his car tyres

10.  Press Report

A press report has appeared in the Rochdale Observer.

11.  Any Other Business

Le Trec  - 27th August.  To be held at Robinsons if they agree.  Will need to find a new orienteering route.
Ideas wanted for 25th Anniversary next year.
It was suggested to hold a “lifesaver” ride… showing little “safe” nooks & crannies that get you off the roads.
There has been a big increase in motorbikes in Birtle due to them not being able to get into the quarry.  IP had asked if warning signs could be put up but David Chadwick of Bury ROW advised there was no money available.
BB advised of a problem on Tenterhill where a resident had deliberately set out to scare horses by being very aggressive with a petrol lawnmower.  He then proceeded to do a lot of ranting.

GM has been approached about a 40’s event being held in Heywood in July or September.  They wondered if we could organise a ride with riders wearing 40’s clothing.  GM to get more information.                                                                                         GM

12.  Next Meeting  - Thursday 19th April at 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s.

Comments