February 2012

posted 22 Mar 2012, 15:58 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 16th February 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Janet O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

Gill Ridings

Joan Snowdon

Pat Tough

 

Apologies:       Gwen Mann

                       

 

Roger welcomed Pat on to the committee.

 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed GM to post onto website.    GM

2.    Secretary’s Report

30 Members, £318 in subs £80 50/50.  Chris and Roger are going to visit some yards during the next few weeks.        CM Taking over membership from BB.                                                                                                                         CM/RM

3.    Treasurer’s Report

So far this year we have a £100 deficit after paying for Furbarn Lane and new locks/keys.

4.    Website report

196 hits, average 3.38 pages per visit., 4 USA, 1 Brazil, 1 France, 1 Macedonia.

5.    Social Calendar

Irene said that Jenny Johnson was willing to do a freestyle dressage demonstration.  We will have to book the school at Birtle Riding Centre so will have to charge admission.  £2 for members, £4 non-members.  We need to advertise.

Other ideas:

First aid for horse riders.
Trip out
Open forum night
Quiz night in August (20th).  IP/VJ/PT will organise.  Teams of 3?




6.     Bury ROW

£4,500 has been confirmed and accepted by IP.  Another two quotes are needed by approved contractors.  The work has to be completed by May.  Once done, IP will organise a ride to publicise.  IP to follow up with Tony Lund.                                    IP

A sign should be put up at either end of the path.  “RBBA initiative, funded by Lancashire Environment Fund”.

ROW Meeting – Bury still have 1 ROW Officer at 1st April.  The ROW budget has been reduced to £25,000.

IP Needs evidence for Chesham Woods.
No update on sign at Fairfield Hospital.
A local Access Forum is being set up for Bury/Bolton.
Birtle Quarry.  We don’t need to get involved with this.

7.     Rochdale ROW

Heap Road.  BB to send statement of use to Pat, Janet, Gill and Jane so they can do one.  The statement of case needs to be sent in next week..

There is a dodgy gate at Black Dads.

Roger advised that Clive had looked at scraping mud off the path at the bottom of Splash Lane.  Joan said we needed permission from the landowner.  Gwen to try to get contact details for C Tomlinson.                                                                    GM

We should put some signs up on Furbarn Lane so that people know who has paid for the work to be done.  BB to contact Sharalee Signs to get a quote for some.

8.     Norden Community Association

The next Norden Community Association meeting is on the 2nd Tuesday in March.  Roger had checked the grass at Caldershaw for hoofprints and there weren’t any.  He will feedback to the Association.                                                                             RM

9.     Press Report

Roger will do a press report for our 2011 achievements.                                            RM

10.  Any Other Business

Le Trec  - 27th August.  Venue to be agreed.
Treasure Hunt – 29th July from Rooley Moor Road.  BB will organise.                         BB
Working parties – as and when required.  Some digging out on path over Greenbooth is required.
United Utilities are going to fix the gates on Greenbooth concessionary.

BB advised that Ann Metcalfe asked if we could ask for volunteers for a litter pick on 25th Feb at 10.00 am at the top of Woodhouse Lane and the top of Overtown Lane.

11.  Next Meeting  - Thursday 22nd March. 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s.

Comments