April 2012

posted 28 Jul 2012, 12:08 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 19th April 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

Gill Ridings

Pat Tough

 

Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Janet O’Connor

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed GM to post onto website.    GM

2.    Matters Arising

BB to order signs £96 from Sharalee Signs.

3.    Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.

4.    Membership Secretary’s Report

Approximately 70 members.

5.    Treasurer’s Report

In credit £190 this year to date..

6.    Website report

140 hits with an average of 3.25 pages per visit.  137 UK, 1 Australia, 1 Slovenia, 1 USA.

7.    Social Calendar

Next meeting is Sophie Gent, Equiscan.

28th May David Aldington, A day in the life of an equine vet.

8.     Rochdale ROW

Gwen attended a meeting on 16th April.  New committee as there are now no ROW officers.  The Chairman is Gordon Beverley.  They are going to get organised for an open forum.

Problems opening/closing the gates at Millcroft were raised as they have to be opened/closed from horseback.  Also there is a possibility of getting the gate near the road moved back.

There was a presentation about the windfarms and the paths through them.

The tree down on the bridleway leading to the golf links was reported.

Splash Lane has been cleared of mud, Roger Mee to contact Clive.                          RM

GR reported that Edenfield Road is very slippery where it has been resurfaced.  BB to contact the council.

9.     Bury ROW

Dunham – IP had contacted Tony Lund and he has contractors going to site tomorrow (20th April).  Andy Rowat the fund manager has extended the deadline to June.  When the quotes are ready they have to be sent in by IP.

No further information on the windmill at Birtle.

No work has commenced on the drains as at 16th April.  Lancashire CC are paying for this work.

10.  Press Report

Nothing to report

11.  2012 Projects

Le Trec – 27th August.  R Mee to speak to S. Robinson.                                            RM
Treasure Hunt 29th July – minimal road work.                                                 BB

12.  Working Parties

Work needs doing at Greenbooth to re-direct water into the culvert.  Gwen to contact United Utilities about getting tools down there.  Proposed date 20th May. 10.30 to 4.00 pm.

Stone-pick at Prickshaw – 13th June. 7.00 pm.

13.  Any Other Business

Ride to Irene’s for lunch – 7th May. Splash Lane/Pack Horse meeting at 10.30 am.

Heywood 40’s ride is 1st September.  They will give a donation to our funds for doing it.

IP suggested some signs in the ginnell on Heap Road to improve relations with residents, to kick horse muck to the side and a request to give way to pedestrians.

Next Meeting  - Thursday 17th May at 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s.
Comments