Constitution‎ > ‎Committee Meetings‎ > ‎

2012 Committee Minutes

November 2012

posted 17 Jan 2013, 14:08 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 22nd November 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Janet O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

                       

                       


Apologies:       Gwen Mann

                        Joan Snowdon

 

Copy:              Pat Tough



 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website.  GM

2.    Matters Arising

There were no matters arising.

3.    Secretary’s Report

One new member this month,

The calendars are printed, BB brought a copy of information.  It was agreed to take to Naylors on Monday and charge £4.50.

4.    Treasurer’s Report

£522 up this year.  £6, 650 in the bank.  £1500 going out to pay for Dunham.  The Halifax account has been closed and funds moved to Barclays pro-tem.


5.    Website  

154 visits, with quite a few international.  Average visit 2.5 minutes.

6.    Social


November – Cheese & Wine at Naylors 7.00 pm onwards.
BB             - Cheese/Crackers
GM                        - Wine
VJ/IP         - Cheese/pineapple sticks
CM                        - Philly crackers
GM                        - Xmas cake

December – Xmas dinner.  Cut off for booking and paying Monday night.


7.    Rochdale Rights of Way

No update.

Evidence for Roods Lane submitted.

8.    Bury Rights of Way

- Dunham Celebration Ride.  11 riders took part on Saturday, 2 turned up on Sunday!!! There were representatives from mountain bikers and ramblers.  A rep from Northern Horse attended.  Report sent to Bury Times and should be sent to Rochdale Observer.  There is a slight problem with the handle on the top gate.  IP asked if we could provide some kind of edging for Mr Tyrer’s lawn.  This was agreed.                                                                                           IP.

BB to order signs for publicity and shutting the gate.  IP to send.            IP
A volunteer is needed to put on.

Nothing can be done on Elbut Lane until the problem with water is resolved..

IP reported that Nigel Sowerbutts had said that quad bikes are going down to the river at Nabs Wife and had asked if some large rocks could be put in to stop them.  It was agreed that this should not be done as its too narrow and steep.

9.    Open Forum Meeting

BB issued the notes from the open forum meeting.  Everyone thought it had been a good meeting. 

10.  AGM

BB to send last year’s agenda to Roger                                                   BB

11.  Suggestions for Next Year’s Social

Quiz, Naylors, Xmas Dinner, 2 open forums, Huntsman, Bitting Expert, Horse Physio, Equisage, Police, Horse Holiday, BHS.

It was suggested that we buy a screen as the screwed up sheet we put up doesn’t look too good.

12.  Any Other Business

Events for 2013, Le Trec, Gymkhana, Treasurer Hunt.  GR agreed to do the treasure hunt.

Next Meeting – 17th January 2013.



October 2012

posted 23 Nov 2012, 12:24 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 25th October 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Janet O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

                        Joan Snowdon

                       


Apologies:       Gwen Mann



 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed following two amendments GM to post onto website.        GM

2.    Matters Arising

There were no matters arising.

3.    Secretary’s Report

One new member this month, Norden area.

4.    Social

October – Open Forum

November – Cheese & Wine at Naylors 7.00 pm onwards.  Also open to the public due to staffing the larger store.  Discount given only with membership card.  BB to make Members’ Enclosure sign and bring joining forms for possible recruitment of new members on the night.

December – Christmas Dinner

January - AGM

5.    Rochdale Rights of Way

No update from sub-contractors on track from waterboard at Red Lumb.
No update on grids at Red Lumb.
The surface on Splash Lane has been reported to the council.
The gate at Black Dads which is tied up with string and very heavy needs reporting to the Council.
Roods Lane.  GR has had meeting with Council, evidence forms have been submitted.
Wolstenholme Lane – in 1967 there was a bridleway sign at the bottom.

6.    Bury Rights of Way

- Dunham.  Is now complete.  Send photos to LEF people.
IP to organise celebration ride and invite two riders from each livery yard in Birtle area, along with ramblers, cyclists, etc.

The ditch on the drains has been dug out and resurfaced.

Elbut Lane.  IP sent email in support of resurfacing.

Bridleway 37 Lowes Park has been reported to Bury Council.  David Chadwick is going to take a look at it.

7.    Treasurer’s Report

£600 received from Council for Nabbs Wife work.  The Halifax are stopping holding charity accounts, Gill to move it to Barclays. 

8.    Website report

No Report

9.    Forum Meeting - October

Roger to start with update on general matters.
Proposed committee for next year
Meeting start time
25 year anniversary celebration
Trec – suitable date
Ideas for talks

10.  Next Meeting – 22nd November 2012.



September 2012

posted 23 Nov 2012, 12:23 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 20th September 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gwen Mann

                        Janet O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

                        Pat Tough

                       


Apologies:       Gill Morrell

Joan Snowdon


Barbara arrived late and passed on apologies.  Minutes started to be taken part way through point 3.

 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed GM to post onto website.    GM

2.    Matters Arising

There were no matters arising.

3.    Rochdale Rights of Way

- Wolstenholme Lane
.  GR to investigate what the previous status of this path was and get some historical evidence.  A discussion about upgrade of Wolstenholme Lane took place and GR will obtain map references and current status, etc.

- Millcroft.  Rubber matting has been put across half of the grids and as far as we know no-one is having a problem.  BB to get in touch with Karen Dutton and get her to contact Nick Ball to get it signed off as satisfactory.

- Broadhalgh.  RMee has cleared brambles along the bridlepath where it was blocked by a holly bush, the bush has now been removed.  He has also cleared the path behind Bamford Academy.

The next Rights of Way meeting is on 2nd October at 7.00 pm at the Town Hall.  Gwen and Joan will attend.

4.    Bury Rights of Way

- Dunham.  Will be finished by the beginning of next week.
On completion we need to arrange a celebration ride.  IP to arrange and invite walkers and cyclists.  Suggested start at Birtle Riding Centre and try to include a disabled rider.  Local press to be invited alongwith Paul France\Stephen & Tracy Robinson\Carol & John from the Pack Horse\Tony Lund LCC\LEF and Chris Peat from the BHS.


- LEF Annual Event.  IP attended and brought literature which gave details of where donations where given.

IP to send a thank you letter to Mr Tyrer.  BB to send letter head to IP.

-Drains.  A ditch needs digging out on the drains.  Groundwork have been asked to carry out the work.                                                                            DONE

-Bury Rights of Way Meeting.  Was cancelled.  Next meeting is January.

- Bridleway 37.  All work done by Electricity Board but the path is in a sorry state.

Lesley Tierney has visited Irene and copied the definitive map.  She is going to draw routes on the maps.  She will take it to the next Bury ROW meeting.  IP advised her to get in touch with David Chadwick.

Birtle Trust have asked for support to get the road re-surfaced.  IP to write to councillors on behalf of the Bridleways Association.

Following the resurfacing of Bridleway 34 in July/August and planning permission being sought after the event IP wanted to know what our procedure would be if something like this happened that did have a big impact on the horse community.  It was agreed that a quorum could make any decisions.  Should include Secretary and Chairman or Vice Chairman.  This needs to be added to the constitution.                                                                                                    BB

- Harwood Fields.  This route is in a disgusting state.  IP’s next project.  She is going to contact Clive Haughton to survey it.  IP will do fund raiser.  IP to contact Nick Ball regarding any work being undertaken and also contact Stephen Robinson     IP

 

5.    Secretary’s Report

No report, due to late arrival.

6.    Treasurer’s Report

No update. 

7.    Website report

No Report

8.    Social Calendar

September – Worm Counts (Mary Lennon)
October – Open Forum
November – Shopping at Naylors
December – Xmas meal at Pack Horse.  It was agreed to go for the £22 menu which the Pack Horse will give us for £20,


9.     Any Other Business

Gwen has spoken with United Utilities and they now have a quote for putting in an Irish Bridge on the Ashworth Concessionary.  It is for just over £5000.  She asked if we could put half the money up.  It was agreed to donate £2,500 to this as it benefits members in Rochdale and Bury areas.  BB to email Ann Metcalfe to see if we can use her £250 township money for this project.                                                                              BB


RMee suggested committee format for the AGM and asked if everyone wanted to continue.  Gwen doesn’t want to be Chairman.

Proposed Committee:

Chairman:   Roger
Secretary    Barbara
Treasurer     Gill Morrell
Social         Gill Ridings
R ROW       Gwen
B ROW       Irene/Val
+ 4 members:          Joan/Pat (+ 2)

The committee format needs to be included in the Constitution.                                 BB

Barbara had got prices for calendars.  Small desk calendars was £125.00.  Large wall calendars were £350 (both for 50).  Go ahead with desk calendars.  IP to send photos to BB.                                                                                                                       IP

10.  Next Meeting  - Thursday 25th October at 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s.

August 2012

posted 11 Oct 2012, 11:49 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 16th August 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Gwen Mann

                        Ann Metcalfe (Part)

                        Janet O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

Lesley Tierney (guest) + 1



Apologies:       Val Johnston

Joan Snowdon

Pat Tough

 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed GM to post onto website after moving Janet O’Connor to attendees                                      .           GM

2.    Matters Arising

There were no matters arising.

 

3.    Secretary’s Report

Currently 66 members following an influx from Swallows.

4.    Treasurer’s Report

No update.  Gill needs to speak to Township Office regarding getting the township money donated by Councillor Metcalfe, although we are still waiting for Clive to install a new gate at Nabbs Wife.

5.    Website report

152 people, 185 hits.  International visitors 6 USA, 2 France, 2 India, 1 German, 1 New Zealand and 1 Singapore.

6.    Social Calendar

September – Worm Counts (Mary Lennon)
October – Open Forum
November – Shopping at Naylors
December – Xmas meal at Pack Horse.  It was agreed to go for the £22 menu which the Pack Horse will give us for £20,


7.     Rochdale ROW

Councillor Metcalfe attended to update on the problem with Roods Lane and the kissing gate the council  had tried to install.  She has spoken to all landowners and they have agreed to dedicate the route, although the council are making it quite difficult. 

Ann suggested that with some of the money she has to spend there could be an information board put up in the village so that we could post notices of events, etc. on it.

Gwen had met with United Utilities regarding Ashworth and they have identified a contractor to put a bridge in and a quote is being prepared.

Overtown Lane has still not been fixed although it has been reported to the council and to the contractor.

BB highlighted a problem where the path has been washed away on Splash Lane which is down to the membrane.  The council have been informed.

Regarding the grids at Red Lumb, IP suggested putting some limestone chippings over the top of them so that the horses having problems can’t see the grids.  People need to keep ringing the council.  Ann Metcalfe said she would follow up.

8.     Bury ROW

Chris Peat has 3 claims in our area, through farm to Nangreaves, Simpsons at Buckhurst and Irwell Vale.

IP reported that the plan for the wind turbines on Castle Hill Road had been rejected.  One of the reasons given was that they would frighten horses.

Dunham Work may start week commencing 20th August.  Once complete we need to arrange some publicity with LEF people and have an inaugural ride.  Get a report/picture in Observer, Bury Times and Heywood Advertiser and the BHS Tracks Magazine and Northern Horse.  This should be late September/October.  We also need signs to say that it has been funded by RBBA, LEF and LCC.

IP advised that bridleway 27 behind Lowes Farm is going to be closed for 2/3 weeks for electricity works.  IP to send email to David Chadwick to make sure surface is restored. IP          

9.     2012 Projects

The Treasure Hunt 5th August raised £52.00
Le Trec – 27th August – cancelled due to lack of entries and poor weather forecast.

10.  Any Other Business

Gwen mentioned the 25 year anniversary next year and suggested a social night at the Pack Horse with music and food and have a bit of a party.  She has provisionally spoken to Carole at the Pack Horse who has said she will organise everything.

Also, organise some rides on paths that we have got open or managed to save from being closed.

IP brought a calendar she had put together.  BB to get costs of printing a calendar.   BB

Lesley Tierney and a friend attended the meeting to ask for advice about setting up a group or joining our group for the Ainsworth area of Bury.  There are approximately 100 horses.  She said there was a problem with Barrett Fold Farm and someone suggested they attend the Bury ROW meeting.

Gill Morrell mentioned that there is £6,000 ward fund £2,500 to go to different causes.  Maybe we could apply to get some equipment for path clearances.

11.  Next Meeting  - Thursday 20th September at 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s.

July 2012

posted 17 Aug 2012, 03:24 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 19th July 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Joan Snowdon

                        Gwen Mann

                        Janet O'Connor

Apologies:       Val Johnston

Irene Pope
Gill Ridings

 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed GM to post onto website.    GM

2.    Matters Arising

There were no matters arising.

 

3.    Secretary’s Report

Currently 60 members.

4.    Treasurer’s Report

Currently £30 down on last year.  Still awaiting new gate for Nabbs Wife so that we can claim grant from Township Funds.

5.    Website report

134 Hits, average visit 2.6 pages spending 2.5 minutes on the site.  International visitors 2 from Paris, 1 Cork, 2 Holland, 1 Norway, 1 Bay of Plenty, 1 Moscow, 1 Russia.

6.    Social Calendar

Last meeting was an open forum.  It was agreed to start the meetings at 8.00 pm.

30th July – Freestyle dressage demonstration had to be cancelled. Need to book Pack Horse..
August – Quiz night.
September – Worm Counts (Mary Lennon)
October – Open Forum
November – Shopping at Naylors
December – Xmas meal at Pack Horse.  It was agreed to go for the £22 menu which the Pack Horse will give us for £20,



7.     Rochdale ROW

Gwen reported that there had been no correspondence since the previous ROW meeting and none of the issues raised had been dealt with.

Legally no money was not an excuse .

Broadhalgh path needs clearing,
Meadowcroft needs cutting back.

8.     Bury ROW

Dunham Tony Lund from LCC has quotes for his spec in the region of £10,000.  Bridleways are contributing £1500, £4,500 from grant and LCC have agreed to fund the balance.  Still awaiting start date

9.     2012 Projects

Treasure Hunt 5th August
Le Trec – 27th August

10.  Any Other Business

Bridleway in front of Church Inn has had concrete blocks dumped in the puddles.  Rochdale Council are aware.

11.  Next Meeting  - Thursday 16th August at 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s.

May 2012

posted 28 Jul 2012, 12:09 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 17th May 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

Gill Ridings

 

Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Janet O’Connor

                        Gwen Mann

                        Joan Snowdon

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed GM to post onto website.    GM

2.    Matters Arising

Slippy road surface on Edenfield Road.  Council have no money to put horse friendly surface down.

Heap Road – order upheld.  Roger suggested putting signs up to warn of pedestrians.  BB to contact council re do we need planning permission.

3.    Secretary’s Report

Membership – currently 57 members.

4.    Treasurer’s Report

No update.  Not yet got invoice from Clive for Nabbs Wife.  He is still trying to find a suitable gate.

5.    Website report

157 hits, average 3.1 pages per visit.  1 from Sydney, 1 Lagos, 1 Faro, 1 New York.

6.    Social Calendar

Last meeting Sophie Gent, Equiscan was excellent.

Next meeting David Aldington, A day in the life of an equine vet.
25th June – Equine Touch – to be confirmed.
30th July – Freestyle dressage demonstration.
August – Quiz night.
September – Worm Counts (Mary Lennon)

7.     Rochdale ROW

BB to request bridleway sign at the bottom of Heap Road.

Blocked bridleway at Broadhalgh, has the tree been moved?  BB to contact Council.

8.     Bury ROW

Dunham – deadline extended to end of summer.  LCC have offered £6000 towards quote…, £1500 from us and £4000 from Environment Fund, leaves a large shortfall.  Option to find quote to match the available money.  GMorrell to contact Tony Lund in Irene’s absence to see if she can get him to move faster.  Another funding pot could be Natural England.

The bridleway behind houses near Irene’s (Lowes Park) is very boggy due to water running down from quarry.  No money available from council to help clear it.  Can we have it done?  IP to speak to Bury ROW Officer and Clive for a quote. IP

9.     Press Report

Nothing to report

10.  2012 Projects

Le Trec – 27th August.  R Mee to speak to S. Robinson.                                            RM
Sub-committee meeting for Trec on 31st May.  Robinsons have it in the diary.  Would it be possible to have Trec Practices at Sally Ashworths?  Lianne from Friezland will help out.

Treasure Hunt 29th July – minimal road work.                                                 BB

11.  Future Bridleway Upgrades

Wolstenholme Lane – not been ridden since before 1968.  Gill Ridings to gather evidence for this.  All relevant forms are available on website.  Gill Morrell suggested trying to have concessionary through corner of field into Harewood Road which would be a cheaper and easier option.

Woodtop – should be able to get this route dedicated.

Bird Sanctuary through Dexine.

Any Other Business

BB to write to Council enforcement officer about grids at Lea Holme.

Next Meeting  - Thursday 21st June at 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s

April 2012

posted 28 Jul 2012, 12:08 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 19th April 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

Gill Ridings

Pat Tough

 

Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Janet O’Connor

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed GM to post onto website.    GM

2.    Matters Arising

BB to order signs £96 from Sharalee Signs.

3.    Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.

4.    Membership Secretary’s Report

Approximately 70 members.

5.    Treasurer’s Report

In credit £190 this year to date..

6.    Website report

140 hits with an average of 3.25 pages per visit.  137 UK, 1 Australia, 1 Slovenia, 1 USA.

7.    Social Calendar

Next meeting is Sophie Gent, Equiscan.

28th May David Aldington, A day in the life of an equine vet.

8.     Rochdale ROW

Gwen attended a meeting on 16th April.  New committee as there are now no ROW officers.  The Chairman is Gordon Beverley.  They are going to get organised for an open forum.

Problems opening/closing the gates at Millcroft were raised as they have to be opened/closed from horseback.  Also there is a possibility of getting the gate near the road moved back.

There was a presentation about the windfarms and the paths through them.

The tree down on the bridleway leading to the golf links was reported.

Splash Lane has been cleared of mud, Roger Mee to contact Clive.                          RM

GR reported that Edenfield Road is very slippery where it has been resurfaced.  BB to contact the council.

9.     Bury ROW

Dunham – IP had contacted Tony Lund and he has contractors going to site tomorrow (20th April).  Andy Rowat the fund manager has extended the deadline to June.  When the quotes are ready they have to be sent in by IP.

No further information on the windmill at Birtle.

No work has commenced on the drains as at 16th April.  Lancashire CC are paying for this work.

10.  Press Report

Nothing to report

11.  2012 Projects

Le Trec – 27th August.  R Mee to speak to S. Robinson.                                            RM
Treasure Hunt 29th July – minimal road work.                                                 BB

12.  Working Parties

Work needs doing at Greenbooth to re-direct water into the culvert.  Gwen to contact United Utilities about getting tools down there.  Proposed date 20th May. 10.30 to 4.00 pm.

Stone-pick at Prickshaw – 13th June. 7.00 pm.

13.  Any Other Business

Ride to Irene’s for lunch – 7th May. Splash Lane/Pack Horse meeting at 10.30 am.

Heywood 40’s ride is 1st September.  They will give a donation to our funds for doing it.

IP suggested some signs in the ginnell on Heap Road to improve relations with residents, to kick horse muck to the side and a request to give way to pedestrians.

Next Meeting  - Thursday 17th May at 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s.

March 2012

posted 26 Apr 2012, 14:19 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 22nd March 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Janet O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

Gill Ridings

 

Apologies:       Joan Snowdon

                        Pat Tough

 

 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed GM to post onto website.    GM

2.    Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.

3.    Membership Secretary’s Report

Report will be ready before the next meeting.

4.    Treasurer’s Report

In credit this year £138.25.  The grant has been received from Rochdale Township of £600.

5.    Website report

121 hits with an average of 4 pages per visit, staying on for 3 minutes 24 seconds.  Two international hits from Brazil and Germany.

6.    Social Calendar

Craig D’arcy is speaking at next Monday’s meeting.  Gill to bring laptop and projector.                                                                                           GR

Janet suggested we put a link on our website to Ann-Marie Ingram who was the speaker at the February meeting.  Everyone agreed.                                 GM

7.     Rochdale ROW

The Public Inquiry for Heap Road is on 18th April at Norden Cricket Club.  A meeting to discuss this arranged for 12th April.  GM to ask Chris Peat to attend.

The next Rochdale ROW meeting is on 17th April.  They no longer have any ROW Officers.  There will be a presentation about the windfarm at this meeting.

A number of people have objected to the grids put in on Overtown Lane in Red Lumb.  They now have to be removed and replaced with stone.

We have received permission from the landowner to complete the work needed on Splash Lane to remove the mud and replace the gate at the top of Nabs Wife.  This will probably go over budget.

The stones which had been put on Woodtop to shore up the banking have now been put back into position following vandals pushing them down.

8.     Bury ROW

IP reported that Tony Lund from Lancashire Council had taken over the Dunham project and was obtaining more quotes.  IP to speak to Chris Peat for advice and follow up with Tony Lund.

Lancs Council will get the drainage sorted out on “The Drains”.

Nothing further to report on the Windmills on Castle Hill Road.

A bridleway sign has gone up at Fairfield Hospital.

A local access forum is being set up for Bury/Bolton.  At the introduction meeting there were 5/6 horsey people.  It will be an advisory group meeting 2-3 times a year.

9.     Norden Community Association

Roger attended this meeting but arrived late.  One person had complained about horse muck on his car tyres

10.  Press Report

A press report has appeared in the Rochdale Observer.

11.  Any Other Business

Le Trec  - 27th August.  To be held at Robinsons if they agree.  Will need to find a new orienteering route.
Ideas wanted for 25th Anniversary next year.
It was suggested to hold a “lifesaver” ride… showing little “safe” nooks & crannies that get you off the roads.
There has been a big increase in motorbikes in Birtle due to them not being able to get into the quarry.  IP had asked if warning signs could be put up but David Chadwick of Bury ROW advised there was no money available.
BB advised of a problem on Tenterhill where a resident had deliberately set out to scare horses by being very aggressive with a petrol lawnmower.  He then proceeded to do a lot of ranting.

GM has been approached about a 40’s event being held in Heywood in July or September.  They wondered if we could organise a ride with riders wearing 40’s clothing.  GM to get more information.                                                                                         GM

12.  Next Meeting  - Thursday 19th April at 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s.

February 2012

posted 22 Mar 2012, 15:58 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 16th February 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Janet O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

Gill Ridings

Joan Snowdon

Pat Tough

 

Apologies:       Gwen Mann

                       

 

Roger welcomed Pat on to the committee.

 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed GM to post onto website.    GM

2.    Secretary’s Report

30 Members, £318 in subs £80 50/50.  Chris and Roger are going to visit some yards during the next few weeks.        CM Taking over membership from BB.                                                                                                                         CM/RM

3.    Treasurer’s Report

So far this year we have a £100 deficit after paying for Furbarn Lane and new locks/keys.

4.    Website report

196 hits, average 3.38 pages per visit., 4 USA, 1 Brazil, 1 France, 1 Macedonia.

5.    Social Calendar

Irene said that Jenny Johnson was willing to do a freestyle dressage demonstration.  We will have to book the school at Birtle Riding Centre so will have to charge admission.  £2 for members, £4 non-members.  We need to advertise.

Other ideas:

First aid for horse riders.
Trip out
Open forum night
Quiz night in August (20th).  IP/VJ/PT will organise.  Teams of 3?




6.     Bury ROW

£4,500 has been confirmed and accepted by IP.  Another two quotes are needed by approved contractors.  The work has to be completed by May.  Once done, IP will organise a ride to publicise.  IP to follow up with Tony Lund.                                    IP

A sign should be put up at either end of the path.  “RBBA initiative, funded by Lancashire Environment Fund”.

ROW Meeting – Bury still have 1 ROW Officer at 1st April.  The ROW budget has been reduced to £25,000.

IP Needs evidence for Chesham Woods.
No update on sign at Fairfield Hospital.
A local Access Forum is being set up for Bury/Bolton.
Birtle Quarry.  We don’t need to get involved with this.

7.     Rochdale ROW

Heap Road.  BB to send statement of use to Pat, Janet, Gill and Jane so they can do one.  The statement of case needs to be sent in next week..

There is a dodgy gate at Black Dads.

Roger advised that Clive had looked at scraping mud off the path at the bottom of Splash Lane.  Joan said we needed permission from the landowner.  Gwen to try to get contact details for C Tomlinson.                                                                    GM

We should put some signs up on Furbarn Lane so that people know who has paid for the work to be done.  BB to contact Sharalee Signs to get a quote for some.

8.     Norden Community Association

The next Norden Community Association meeting is on the 2nd Tuesday in March.  Roger had checked the grass at Caldershaw for hoofprints and there weren’t any.  He will feedback to the Association.                                                                             RM

9.     Press Report

Roger will do a press report for our 2011 achievements.                                            RM

10.  Any Other Business

Le Trec  - 27th August.  Venue to be agreed.
Treasure Hunt – 29th July from Rooley Moor Road.  BB will organise.                         BB
Working parties – as and when required.  Some digging out on path over Greenbooth is required.
United Utilities are going to fix the gates on Greenbooth concessionary.

BB advised that Ann Metcalfe asked if we could ask for volunteers for a litter pick on 25th Feb at 10.00 am at the top of Woodhouse Lane and the top of Overtown Lane.

11.  Next Meeting  - Thursday 22nd March. 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s.

January 2012

posted 22 Mar 2012, 15:57 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 19th January 2012

 

Present:           Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

Gill Ridings

Joan Snowdon

 

Apologies:       Gwen Mann

                        Janet O’Connor

 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed GM to post onto website.    GM

2.    Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report other than Heap Road.  It was agreed to charge £5 for a new key if old key was not returned.

3.    Treasurer’s Report

Gill produced detailed accounts which will be presented at the AGM.

4.    Website report

Gill had produced a list of things on the website and asked what could be deleted.
.

5.    AGM

Things to talk about at the AGM.

Working parties not particularly well attended but a job well done.
Change date to 6th February due to Pack Horse being closed.
Provide sandwiches
Achievements – Woodtop, river crossing, Furbarn Lane
Newsletters, only being sent by e-mail
Creating new role of membership secretary – C Mee to fill he position.
Election of officers

An agenda was put together for the meeting.  A form for nominations for committee members to be sent out with newsletter to be returned before the meeting.                                              BB

6.     Bury ROW

Trees on Harwood Fields fell in high winds, some are not looking too safe.
BURY ROW meeting is on 25th January.  IP and VJ will attend.
Birtle Trust – Quarry for sale, 3 bids, one paintballing, waste energy company and Gypsies.

The Woodland Trust has 420 saplings and want ideas on where to plant them.
£4,500 has been awarded to us from Lancashire Environment Fund which is a 75% contribution, the rest needs to be funded by us.  Money raised last summer and the donation from Paul France cover this.
An appeal has been put in for the windmills , IP to send letter to the Planning Inspectorate.
The drains are becoming badly waterlogged, looks like something is blocked.  IP to get a quote from contractor while they are at Dunham.

7.     Rochdale ROW

GM has bought new locks/keys for concessionaries and is meeting United Utililities to give them new key.  She will ask about the Ashworth concessionary.

The path at the waterboard at Red Lumb has been closed and should be finished in the next two weeks.

Grids at Red Lumb causing problems.  Ring 0845 2261800 to complain about ROW issues.

Joan mentioned that next year was the 25 year anniversary of the association and we should think of some way of celebrating it.

8.     Any Other Business

Gill Smith has given Gill M some leaflets advertising her arena, in return they will let us have free use of the arena for any events.  Maybe a hoedown to celebrate the anniversary?

Superhorse competition – Robinsons not suitable, possibly Rochdale Riding Club.

Le Trec

Irene is planning a ride in Derbyshire during the Access week in May.

Next Meeting  - Thursday 16th Feb. 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s.

1-10 of 10