September 2011

posted 8 Nov 2011, 11:50 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 15th September 2011

 

Present:            Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

                       

 

Copy                Janet O’Connor

Joan Snowdon

 

 

1.      Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website.      GM

2.      Matters Arising

Roger Mee still to arrange meeting with Martin Downham.

3.      Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.


4.      Treasurer’s Report

No report due to time constraints

5.      Website report

No report due to time constraints.

6.      Social Calendar

A big thank you to Janet for the fantastic quiz and taking all the flack that goes with it!!

GR reported that Naylors needed more male models for fashion show next week.


31st October – Holcombe Hunt (Martin ? who is joint master next year).
28th November -  Naylors Shopping Evening
3rd December – Christmas Meal.  Roger to speak with landlady at Pack Horse.

7.       Rochdale ROW

GM/GR attended meeting on 12th September.  There was a presentation about exposed peat bogs being repaired.

David Brennan is now the only ROW Officer.

There was one complaint received to the Meadowcroft Mill upgrade but lots of complaints about Heap Road.

Steps have been removed from Paperhouse river crossing and a tiger trap installed.

8.       Bury ROW

Meeting 14/9.  Kirklee Valley – Tottington, is now a bridleway loop paid for by lottery funds.  Bury only have £10,000 in the kitty for all rights of way.

The ROW Dept are having no further involvement with the problem at Sillinghurst Farm.  No alternative route is available.

A new planning application has gone in for windmills on Castle Hill Road.  12 objections on the website, some good some rubbish.

IP asked if a track at the bottom of Chesham Wood could be opened.  ROW are to investigate.

A bridleway sign has been requested at the traffic lights at Fairfield Hospital.

The bridge on the path from Fairfield to River Roch needs replacing.  IP asked if it could be a bridleway bridge, a provisional route has been pencilled in.  IP to investigate potential route.

Birtle quarry could be opened to extract minerals and open as a cemetery.

9.       Norden Forum

Jacqueline Beswick is portfolio holder for highways.  Nothing specific mentioned about horses (makes a nice change).

The windfarm on Scout Moor want to expand, north and eastwards.  Rooley Moor Road is right through the middle of it.  We need to get representation on the committee.

Ward funding is available.  Claims to be put in during the next month.

10.   Ride

25th September to Watergrove.  Joan/Gwen to lead.  Meeting Woodhouse Lane at 10.30 am..

11.   Any Other Business

Everyone thanked Irene for doing a great job with the Le Trec.

Irene has a form to claim a grant which needs completing before 3rd October.  Meet at Irene’s on 22nd September.

 Date of Next Meeting

20th October at The Mee’s residence.


Comments