November 2011

posted 21 Jan 2012, 12:08 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association   [ updated 21 Jan 2012, 12:10 ]

Committee Meeting – 17th November 2011

 

Present:            Barbara Brown

                        Val Johnston

                        Gwen Mann

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Chris Peat (Part)

                        Irene Pope

Gill Ridings

 

Copy to:            Joan Snowdon

 

Chris Peat attended to help us with the preparation for the Heap Road Public Inquiry.

 

She stressed that we need to remain focussed and concentrate on our 20 years’ usage which has been without force, without secrecy and without permission.  After she had briefly looked at the objections she thought we had a strong case as none of the objections were valid.

 

What we need to do:

 

Get statements from users and prepare a “Statement of Case” which should include everything that is relevant.  List the users years, current status we believe it to be a footpath with higher rights because we have ridden it as a right.  Point out that there are no valid objections, there have never been any signs or blockages.

 

At this point Chris left the meeting.

 

 

1.      Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed but the meeting date needs changing.  GM to post onto website.      GM

2.      Matters Arising

Gwen had met with the United Utilities Rep and a new lock had been put on the gate in the Ashworth concessionary.  It had been suggested that we will share funding to sort out the stream crossing, hopefully early next year.

3.      Secretary’s Report

3 new members this month.

4.      Treasurer’s Report

No change.

5.      Website report

124 visits this month, 3 from Brazil, 2 India, Algeria, Russia, Dubai and Bangla Desh were also on the list of visitors to the site.

.

6.      Social Calendar

Nothing to report.

Cheese & Wine: Naylors want to start at 7.00 – 7.30 pm ish and are happy to stay open until 10.00 pm.

Gwen – Christmas Cake
Gill – Wine
Chris – Crackers & Cheese
Irene/Val – Cheese on sticks
Janet – Fruit Juice

Barbara – Selection of Cheese

Wine tag – 50p donation – first glass free.

Christmas Meal – 21 people have paid.

7.       Rochdale ROW

Ann Metcalfe has £600 from her Township fund and Roger has form to claim it.   Suggest filling in puddles on Furbarn Lane but current quote is too much.  RM to speak to Clive for another quote.                                                                     RM

8.       Bury ROW

No decision on windmills

A decision on if we get some of the grant money we have tried to claim is on 11th January.
Sally Ashworth wants to hold events in her arena 20 x 60 including dressage, showjumping and Le Trec and had approached Irent about the Trec and whether we wanted to have a joint competition.

Suggestion for next year a superhorse competition at Robinsons and a joint Trec with Sally Ashworth on next August Bank Holiday.

9.       Norden Community Association

RM attended and got voted in to join the group.

10.   Any Other Business

BB to let Gwen know how many new keys to get.                         BB
A new gate has been installed on Greenbooth Concessary.
Grids at Red Lumb – anyone having problems needs to report it to the Council
Gill Ridings/Joan Snowdon suggested a “Big” ride to raise money for air ambulance, possible coast to coast or pennine bridleway.

11.    Date of Next Meeting

Thursday 19th January 2012 at The Mee’s residence.

Comments