June 2011

posted 19 Jul 2011, 14:58 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

Committee Meeting – 16th June 2011

 

Present:            Barbara Brown

Val Johnston

                        Chris Mee

                        Roger Mee

                        Gill Morrell

                        Janet O’Connor

                        Irene Pope

                        Gill Ridings

 

 

Copy                Gwen Mann

Joan Snowdon

 

1.      Minutes of Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed.  GM to post onto website. 

2.      Secretary’s Report

We now have 70 members.
BB had received an email from Julie Simpson stating that Bury are passing the request for horse warning signs on Castle Hill Road on to the Environment Department and they may well get some put up.  BB to forward email to Gill M so that she can put the detail on the website.                             BB/GM

3.      Treasurer’s Report

No activity in accounts. We have had the ok from Rochdale Council to receive the money from the Township fund.

4.      Website report

144 hits last month, 8 from Brazil, also some from USA, Florida and India.

5.      Rochdale ROW

No reps present to report.

6.      Social Calendar

Chris Peat is attending in June
25th July – presentation from Treasure Hunt and Photo Show
22nd August – quiz (maximum 4 per team, £1 each entry)
26th September – Fashion Show by Naylors
31st October – Holcombe Hunt (Martin ? who is joint master next year).
28th November -  Naylors Shopping Evening
3rd December – Xmas Meal

Janet wants some ideas for next year as this year has been a little bit hit and miss.                                                                                All
BB to do a brief report following the meetings.                                BB

7.      Press Reports

Roger to progress.  Hopefully there will be something in the Observer in the next couple of weeks.                                                                         RM

8.      Bury ROW

The bad news is that Bury have no money, they are only getting £25,000 for the year.

Bridleway 37 – no action to be taken (no-one knew where it was).

The petitions that Irene has about the slippery road surface need to be sent in. IP

The next meeting is 14th September.

9.      Projects

We need to have a point of contact for working parties in case the weather is bad.  Irene will be contact for Broadoaks.

10.  Ride

There will be a ride on 3rd July to Cowm Reservoir, 11.00 am meet at Lane Head.  Bring a picnic.

11.  Treasure Hunt

BB to email other bridleways groups about the treasure hunt.  BB to copy some entry forms to go into tack shops.  BB to notify BHS for insurance.       BB

12.  Any Other Business

Birtle - cyclists want more access.  Invite to meeting.
Carol Pritchard has agreed to do some tree chopping so that she can have a key before the summer holidays.
All groups are eligible to apply for Norden Ward funding.  £500 to £1000 for work in this area.

GR advised of a problem when Rochdale Harriers held their runs in Norden recently.  Stewards caused problem by stopping a rider progressing and then ignored her when the horse reared and she fell off.  GR had an issue on the main road when 4 riders ran towards her in a line.  BB to draft an email to send advising them of the problems and asking for advance notice next year.      BB

A request to go to the Council for horse openers on the gates on Shawfield Stones.                                                                                    BB

13.  Date of Next Meeting

Tuesday, 19th Julyl at Chris & Roger’s (to be confirmed).

Comments